Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

[scrubbed]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 14 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Se Ji Ainu sounds so creepy and beautiful! I love your descriptions ^_^ And Kako's magic doesn't work there, I wonder if it's because Suriel already killed all the water-spirits in that area?

Parr - oh my! I was not expecting that at all! I have a nervous feeling that Parr is going to die :\

I like Iannah, she's fun ^_^ (I wonder if I could pair her with Parr, now that Parreiko is canon? But what if they're related or something? Hmm) She seemed indifferent to Parr & Kako's idea for getting rid of Suriel, but maybe that's just her character.

Thanks for posting another chapter in 2014! ^_^ I enjoyed it! As always, I'm looking forward to more. I'm a little nervous about how Tiernan will react to Kako killing his wife (kind of), sending Suriel into another world, and kissing Parr. :x I wonder if he'll find out any of that in this book?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 20 December 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

And Kako's magic doesn't work there, I wonder if it's because Suriel already killed all the water-spirits in that area?

Basically Suriel's exerting dominance over the other elements. Se Ji Ainu is only accessible by air, it sits atop one of the highest points of earth, water is kept in a constant cycle between fog and the lake, and it's too damp for fire to ignite. There might still be some water spirits around, but Suriel's strong enough to override them.

Parr - oh my! I was not expecting that at all! I have a nervous feeling that Parr is going to die :\

Just one of many secrets I've been keeping in my pocket… :ph34r:

I like Iannah, she's fun ^_^ (I wonder if I could pair her with Parr, now that Parreiko is canon? But what if they're related or something? Hmm)

Haha, I suppose you could! There's enough info in the story already that I can say (spoiler-free) they're not related. Both sets of Iannah's grandparents immigrated to Eremur decades after Parr's family settled there. I mean, I guess they could be distantly related from back in Ferland, but… they're not.

She seemed indifferent to Parr & Kako's idea for getting rid of Suriel, but maybe that's just her character.

Yeah, that's just how Iannah is. She doesn't let on what she's feeling, and she's been a soldier so long that she's not fazed by dangerous situations.

I'm a little nervous about how Tiernan will react to Kako killing his wife (kind of), sending Suriel into another world, and kissing Parr. :x I wonder if he'll find out any of that in this book?

It is a mystery… Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

An interesting and creative depiction of Selax :) . I have to say that the part of the meeting that I perhaps most enjoyed is the fact that Suriel spoke Katerei's language perfectly and that she expected that he would. When they next meet, it would not surprise me if he has learned a great deal more about her. Also, I note that Suriel made no promises regarding leaving Tiernan himself alone or about punishing Katerei instead of Tiernan or Marijka.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#5 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostSelax, on 25 December 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

An interesting and creative depiction of Selax.

Is that… does Selax approve of a portrayal of his character? Nah, must be my imagination.

I have to say that the part of the meeting that I perhaps most enjoyed is the fact that Suriel spoke Katerei's language perfectly and that she expected that he would.

He has been around longer than her language has. I'm sure he got bored enough to learn foreign languages at some point. ;)

Also, I note that Suriel made no promises regarding leaving Tiernan himself alone or about punishing Katerei instead of Tiernan or Marijka.

Suriel makes no promises. >_>

#6 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostiKaterei, on 25 December 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Is that… does Selax approve of a portrayal of his character? Nah, must be my imagination.

It's definitely your imagination :P .

View PostiKaterei, on 25 December 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

He has been around longer than her language has. I'm sure he got bored enough to learn foreign languages at some point. ;)

Selax generally makes a habit of learning the languages in the worlds he visits. Using long-dead languages from other worlds can be a very good way of communicating with his associates (after he's taught them the necessary languages, of course).
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users