Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Turkey Time Travel Mystery - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Turkey Time Travel Mystery

#1 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

Retsy and some less important companions were on their way back from an awesome quest. "I'm so cool & awesome. Remember how we got these cool devices?" Retsy asked one of her flunkies. "No," he said. "Well, your memory isn't so good but this is a great opportunity for some exposition.

"We had just finished running an errand for a mage. I think he wanted cheese or something. But actually he was lactose-intolerant, so when we got him the cheese he gave us a stranger device and a strangest device and told them one of them was cursed. 'One of these will let you time-travel, but one of them will turn you into a turkey!' he said," she said. "Anyway, we're home."

For several weeks the group sat around their hero pad but no one wanted to take the risky step of trying one of the devices. Then one day Retsy said, "I'm tired of waiting. I'm going to try one of these devices." She picked up the strangest device and pushed a button.

*POOF*

The strangest device clattered to the floor. Where Retsy had been standing there was now a turkey. "Oh no!" the flunky from a few paragraphs ago said. "Well, maybe we can reverse—" Just then a fireball shot into the turkey, *shwoomf*, and exploded. "–the spell. Or not." Where the (live) turkey had been standing there was now a (delicious-looking, cooked) turkey. The companions turned to see where the fireball had come from.

"Ta-da!" Retsy said. "It's me, Retsy!" She dropped a dissolving Fireball scroll.

"Thank goodness! But how did you survive?" they asked.

"It's a mystery, isn't it! Can you figure it out?" Retsy turned to face the camera. "And what about you, dear reader? Can you unravel the mystery of how I survived?"

INSERT JEOPARDY MUSIC HERE

Spoiler

#2 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

Another chron, yay!

I'm still confused where the turkey came from, though. :unsure:

#3 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

They're both Retsy. In a previous timeline, Retsy 1 tried one of the devices. It was the time travel device. She went back in time and switched the devices. So, in the current timeline, when Retsy 2 tried one of the devices, it was now the turkey device. We only see the second, altered timeline.

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

That was brilliant, Fiery! ^_^ Grapper's Return quality!

I thought (before reading the spoiler) that Retsy only used the time-traveling device, went to the past and obtained a turkey & a fireball spell, & somehow got the turkey in exactly the right place in exactly the right moment. But, that wouldn't have fulfilled the "Retsy must die" requirement. As it is, I think it's kind of creepy for her to eat herself, even if she was turned into a turkey & cooked...
I'll become even more undignified than this

#5 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostPallas Athene, on 29 November 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

They're both Retsy.

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 29 November 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

I think it's kind of creepy for her to eat herself, even if she was turned into a turkey & cooked...

That's what I was afraid of. :blink:

#6 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 29 November 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

That was brilliant, Fiery! ^_^/> Grapper's Return quality!

I thought (before reading the spoiler) that Retsy only used the time-traveling device, went to the past and obtained a turkey & a fireball spell, & somehow got the turkey in exactly the right place in exactly the right moment. But, that wouldn't have fulfilled the "Retsy must die" requirement. As it is, I think it's kind of creepy for her to eat herself, even if she was turned into a turkey & cooked...

It's creepy but not cannibalism, I think. And there's still a Retsy, so no harm, no fowl.

#7 User is offline   Geek 

• Spinning Sprite
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

I call fowl on this.
If the devices are clearly distinguishable (one is stranger, the other is strangest), how can they be "switched" so that alternate-timeline-Retsy would pick the same apparent device the previous one did, and get the other effect?
<This signature may or may not have been intentionally left blank, or perhaps it was or was not left blank entirely by accident>
VXI
(transcendental smirk)

#8 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

A wild Geek appears! Geek uses Logic. It's super effective!

#9 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostGeek, on 30 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

I call fowl on this.
If the devices are clearly distinguishable (one is stranger, the other is strangest), how can they be "switched" so that alternate-timeline-Retsy would pick the same apparent device the previous one did, and get the other effect?

Retsy is not particularly meticulous or logical. She just grabbed the nearest device and tried it. All Retsy 1 had to do was make sure that the turkey device was closer at hand when Retsy 2 went to try one (Retsy 1 probably just swapped them without thinking about whether or why that would work; she is, after all, not particularly meticulous or logical).

#10 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Amusing as always, Pallas :) .

I agree with 453: it does remind one of Grapper's Return. Maybe Grapper will have to save Cythera while all of the heroes are getting over food-poisoning from eating the Retsy-turkey.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users