Ambrosia Software Web Board: Sail: Chapter 8 and 9 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sail: Chapter 8 and 9 a Cythera novel

#1 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Two chapters this time. 8 features another DM character (don't let the name mislead you!) 9 is quite short but references a character from The Trial. ;)

I'm going out of state next week so unfortunately I won't be able to do any more writing for awhile.

[scrubbed]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 14 December 2015 - 06:29 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

Yay! New Sail chapter : Wowev, two new chapters! ^_^

I take it the Colonnium is the castle that played an integral part in Dark Mirror. I wonder how different Cythera and alt-Cythera (or whatever the land is called) are in this book? Does the other Cythera have the same councillors? Is Wizard going to impersonate one? And how far before DM does it take place? I think you've already told me, but I forgot.

Is the Blackened Oak equivalent to alt-Tavern? ^_^ Did Tiernan really have nothing to do with it burning down?

I was thinking the Colonnium sounds so amazing and you should paint it, and then I was like, oh yeah, you already have, haven't you? So Pelennus must be Iannah ^_^ I wonder why you changed her name? I assumed your characters would have the same names, but I guess Kateiko's name change should've tipped me off. Or maybe Pelennus is Iannah's last name?

Wowev, Tiernan really hates politicians! I wonder if there's more to that story. I take it Jorum is Desert Fox. I wonder if he's really dead? The body could easily be someone else, right? If Jorum is alive, will Tiernan find him in time for him to be Best Man when Tiernan marries Marijka? :D

Thank you for the new chapters! Too bad there will be a delay for chapter 10 :( Are you going on vacation?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 16 October 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

I take it the Colonnium is the castle that played an integral part in Dark Mirror. I wonder how different Cythera and alt-Cythera (or whatever the land is called) are in this book? Does the other Cythera have the same councillors? Is Wizard going to impersonate one?

Same castle, yup. Maybe half the Councillors are the same in alt-Cythera? You know, the career politicians who will get involved no matter what happens in the world. But I can't answer questions about Wizard without spoilers. :ph34r:

And how far before DM does it take place?

This is my working timeline:

Year -1: Cythera and alt-Cythera split
Year 0: the Storm Year, Kateiko's family is killed
Year 6: the events of Sail begin
Year 12: the events of DM begin

Is the Blackened Oak equivalent to alt-Tavern? ^_^ Did Tiernan really have nothing to do with it burning down?

Yes and maybe. ;)

So Pelennus must be Iannah ^_^ I wonder why you changed her name? I assumed your characters would have the same names, but I guess Kateiko's name change should've tipped me off. Or maybe Pelennus is Iannah's last name?

It's her last name. :) Kateiko will come to know her as Iannah later.

I take it Jorum is Desert Fox.

*ding ding ding* We have a winner!

Are you going on vacation?

Yup, going to the Great Barrier Reef. I'll be back on Oct 22 (Australia time.)

#4 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

You have created a very interesting version of Cademia. I'm curious to see what some of the other game cities look like.

Also, did Alaric exist in this Cythera? If so, have Katerei's people heard of his demise?

I thought initially that Jorumgard might be Talos but, when 453 mentioned DF, suspected that was more probable. I figured the guard was probably Iannah, although I didn't expect that she was being referred to by her last name.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#5 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Have fun at the Great Barrier Reef, that sounds really cool!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#6 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostSelax, on 16 October 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

You have created a very interesting version of Cademia. I'm curious to see what some of the other game cities look like.

I'm not sure they'll show up in this book at all, but I have a very rough idea of a Catamarca-like city that might feature in another book set in main Cythera.

Also, did Alaric exist in this Cythera? If so, have Katerei's people heard of his demise?

Yes and yes, though Katerei herself doesn't know. She'd consider it boring obscure history. :rolleyes:

I thought initially that Jorumgard might be Talos but, when 453 mentioned DF, suspected that was more probable.

Talos is the innkeeper at the Blackened Oak. :) He doesn't have a name yet since there's all of one line about him.

#7 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostiKaterei, on 16 October 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

Talos is the innkeeper at the Blackened Oak. :) He doesn't have a name yet since there's all of one line about him.

But if that's a version of the Tavern, doesn't that make him the most important character in the story? I'd think that merits a name :P !
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#8 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

No, the most important character is the ghost frog who hasn't become bartender yet. But maybe the innkeeper's name will unofficially be Talos. :>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users