• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sail: Chapter 7 a Cythera novel

#1 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

Three guesses on which DM character shows up in this chapter! (It won't take you three.)

[scrubbed]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 14 December 2015 - 06:27 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Wowev Kat, amazing! You've been writing so well and so fast! And the story is getting increasingly more exciting ^_^

I wonder if K really hallucinated when she saw Av, maybe there's another explanation...

K's family is dead :( I wonder if they died in the war?

Rapierian and Avatara are friends? I wonder how that came to be!

Av has information about Selax that the council wants - I wonder what he knows and why he knows it o_O

Is Caladheå equivalent to Cademia or another city in Cythera, or are you making up the places from scratch? How do you pronounce Caladheå?

There's boats! Scylla must not be the immobilizing risk they are in the game. Of course, that one scylla didn't attack K & Nili; maybe Scylla are docile creatures ^_^

What is Anwea, should I know?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

A well-done version of alt-Rapierian :) . (Regarding the hair color, I had actually intended Rapierian's hair color to reflect the effects dabbling in dark magic. In the years since his creation, I'm leaning more toward it being a genetic trait, so, if the rest of his family ever appear in stories, they too would probably have white hair.)

Going to Caladheå seems somewhat rash, although I'm curious to see who all sits on the Council.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Wasn't Propontis or some random dude with normal hair related to Rapierian?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

I was referring to his immediate family (mother, sister, that sort of thing). Propontis was part of his family but not closely related enough to share that trait.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#6 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 10 October 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Wowev Kat, amazing! You've been writing so well and so fast! And the story is getting increasingly more exciting ^_^

Yay!

I wonder if K really hallucinated when she saw Av, maybe there's another explanation…

There's always another explanation... :ph34r:

K's family is dead :( I wonder if they died in the war?

Yup.

Rapierian and Avatara are friends? I wonder how that came to be!

Author-Av and I established that Avatara, Rapierian and Katerei knew each other before the events of DM, but I don't think we ever settled on specifics. Most likely, Tiernan and Rhonos have been on adventures together.

Is Caladheå equivalent to Cademia or another city in Cythera, or are you making up the places from scratch? How do you pronounce Caladheå?

I'm making up most places from scratch, but Caladheå is more or less equivalent to Cademia. They're both large capital cities on the coast with a history of political power struggles.

Caladheå is pronounced KAL-ad-HAY-o (rhyme it with pal-add-hay-oh.) The å is a Norwegian vowel somewhere between 'o' and 'a'.

In the story world, it's the Rin/Iyo word for 'ocean' kalad plus the Sverbian word for 'stronghold' heå. I'm building a glossary that contains the meanings of all place names. Maybe I'll post it one day when I have a completed map to go with it. :)

What is Anwea, should I know?

It's not really important. It's derived from 'anwen,' which is an archaic Rin word for 'rain' (Anwen Bel is literally 'rain forest.') Kako used the feminine version (viirelei female names end with vowels and male names end with consonants.)

A well-done version of alt-Rapierian :) .

Phew!

Regarding the hair color, I had actually intended Rapierian's hair color to reflect the effects dabbling in dark magic. In the years since his creation, I'm leaning more toward it being a genetic trait, so, if the rest of his family ever appear in stories, they too would probably have white hair.

Maybe people in his family go grey early? This does take place six years before DM events, so maybe by then he'll have white hair...

Going to Caladheå seems somewhat rash, although I'm curious to see who all sits on the Council.

No one you'll recognize, unfortunately. I don't know enough about Cytheran political figures, in-game or out, to reference any.

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 10 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users