Ambrosia Software Web Board: (Quatorze for Cat Boats)Grapper's Return: - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(Quatorze for Cat Boats)Grapper's Return:

#1 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Notes: This is an entry for the May Chron Challenge. As fan-fiction fan-fiction, it is endorsed by neither gandreas, the author of Cythera, or Grapper, the author of the original chron, (Introduction)Grapper's Return:.

---

(continued from part thirteen)

Grapper, Hector, Semius, Amelia, and Randy get out of the wreckage of the saucer wearing their super suits. "Z-WOLF GO!" they say in unison. They run to the installation where there is an army blocking the entrance.
"We will have to fight our way in," Grapper says.
Grapper leads the charge to the door. While they run, hundreds of black-suited aliens try to shoot and stab them but Grapper and his friends are better at shooting and stabbing and they leave a trail of bodies. They get to the door but it is locked. Grapper says, "It appears to be some sort of musical key."
"Then that is my job. Watch my back," Randy says.
Grapper turns around to face the enemies. They run at team Z-WOLF to stop them from opening the door but Grapper and his friends are too good at shooting. One of them almost makes it to them but Grapper punches him very hard and he falls over. Grapper notices a bottle hanging from the waist of the fallen soldier. "Kesh? But why…"
Behind him Randy hums the right notes and the door opens. "Let's go!" he says. They enter and he re-keys the door behind them as it closes.
Inside the installation they take it slow. Grapper sneaks from corridor to corridor unheard and motions the rest of the team to follow him once the coast is clear. There is a guard posted in front of the entrance to the main chamber and Grapper gets behind him. He says, "Z-WOLF CHOP!" and karate-chops the guard's neck, except he does it in the opposite order to maintain the element of surprise.
When the team enters they see a huge column of fire shooting up into the sky and into the sun. There is a panel in front of it. It says: "Fire transfer from Cythera: 99% complete." Then it ticks up: 100%.
Above them, the sun explodes and then goes black and they feel themselves and the whole planet being pulled upward.
Amelia says, "A black hole! We're too late!"

(continued in part fifteen)

This post has been edited by Pallas Athene: 14 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I love how they say "Z-WOLF GO!" in unison like a proper super hero team ^_^ I also like the poetic way you describe the heroes' superior shooting & stabbing skillz.

But oh noes, they're too late! :o
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

What am I reading? :blink:
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#4 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostAvatara, on 14 April 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

What am I reading? :blink:/>

It's clearly a Cythera story. There's kesh, and a door locked with a musical key, and Randy Pringle…

#5 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostPallas Athene, on 14 April 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Randy Pringle…

I...did not make that connection. :unsure:
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#6 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

View PostAvatara, on 14 April 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

What am I reading? :blink:

Pallas' slow descent into madness.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1