Ambrosia Software Web Board: URGENT: Family needs Prayer - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

URGENT: Family needs Prayer

#26 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well, we have been practicing her standing using a walker. Her legs have not locked on their own, but they are showing definite improvement and are getting closer to doing so, although it is still something of a slow process. I continue to greatly appreciate your prayers in this area. (My parents could also especially use prayer.)

This is a relatively less important issue, but we could also use the occasional prayer for our pets. We have had a string of unfortunate incidents regarding them lately and it's somewhat draining, given everything else that has been going on.

Also, nice to see you around again, cache :) .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#27 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Again, thank you for your prayers: they are all greatly appreciated. My sister is able to use a walker and braces for certain periods (up to two or three hours, I think). Her knees have also locked slightly a few times, but it is not enough for her to go back to school yet. She has already missed one year and is very concerned about missing more. Please continue to pray for improvement.

Unfortunately, my 82 year old grandmother (visiting for graduation and such) had a bit of a fall this morning in the bleachers. EMTs checked her out and said she was fine, but she is still in pain and more worn-out than I have ever seen her. Concerned she would take a more serious fall if she got up in the night, we were able to convince her to go to the doctor. Still, we would appreciate prayer in this matter as well.

Selax

#28 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

My sister (accompanied by my dad) returned to Yale today; however, the accessible housing provided her is extremely inadequate, and she is considering giving up. Again, we would appreciate prayers in this matter (as well as in the matter of convincing her to ask some of her friends there for help). She is still using a walker and braces, but she has not had to use a wheelchair in weeks. Still, her knees are not yet load-bearing.

Selax

#29 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Well, my sister is still at Yale and doing fairly well. She's been in a bit of pain lately, but we are praying that it has to do with healing, something I believe her chiropractor indicated was indeed the case.

She's still using the walker and braces, but she and my dad are working on having her walk with one or both braces unlocked. Our goal is to get at least one leg working so that my dad will be able to return home. Again, thank you all for your prayers and support.

Selax

#30 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

I'm glad to hear she's making progress. :) Your family is in my thoughts, as always. <3

#31 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thank you :) .

Selax

#32 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

Well, my sister is back in Connecticut and my dad has been back home for the past few days. Unfortunately, her legs are swelling slightly--possibly due to muscle growth but we are not certain--and her braces are not fitting well. She made an appointment at the facility providing the braces but that is not until Tuesday, and her left knee is not locking at present. My dad is therefore considering returning, but this leaves me concerned about my mom.

At the moment, I am especially concerned about my sister making it safely through the night and the next few days. Please pray most urgently that she will be alright. I would also appreciate prayers regarding my dad being able to remain home with my mom and my sister being able to function on her own in the long term.

Again, thanks, all.

Selax

#33 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

Your poor sister :( I am praying. Thanks for giving us updates.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#34 User is offline   BryceSchroeder 

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

Sorry to hear about all these difficulties. My thoughts and prayers are with your family, and I hope your sister has less trouble going forward.

#35 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

Wizard has apparently been rather ill these past two weeks or so (more so than I think anyone realized since he works in a lab on campus most of the day). He is beginning to recover now, but, since his temperature hit 104 at one point and he could be lethargic for some days (if his self-diagnosis is correct--the doctor was unfortunately unable to determine the illness for certain), he could probably use prayers for his further recovery. (I am grateful though that he is doing this well and beginning to get better.)

In addition, my Dad has taken my sister back to college, but the car has developed difficulties and left him stuck in Ohio overnight. I would appreciate prayers for the car being reparable and the rest of his trip being safe.

Finally, apparently, my older brother, his wife, and one or two other people in their family are also ill (though we know the nature of the various illnesses in their case). Please pray for their prompt recoveries.

Again, I greatly appreciate everyone's understanding and support. Thanks all.

Selax

#36 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

Your family's in my thoughts. <3 (Of course Wizard would be slow to realize how sick he is!)

#37 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

Aww, I'm sorry your family's had rotten luck lately :(

#38 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

Thanks again, all :) .

Wizard is back at school now and feeling quite a bit better, my dad also managed to make it home safely, and my older brother's family is doing better.

Selax

#39 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

My sister is having trouble with her right leg, and my mom especially is distressed (the rest of us aren't exactly happy either). Prayer in this regard would be appreciated.

Also, I hope that I am not sounding like a broken record, but I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and support.

Selax

#40 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

Bit of an update:
It turns out my sister's leg was broken above the knee. She's had trouble digesting calcium since the initial accident, and this has contributed (unbeknownst to us) to osteoporosis and anemia in her legs (bone density being about 40% what it should be). She had an operation and it is hoped that her leg will recover and she'll be able to start getting back on her feet in March, although we are still struggling to find a way to help her retain calcium. (Fortunately, her professors are being understanding and are allowing her to sit out the semester.) There is concern that if the bone doesn't start healing sooner that there might be need for a second surgery and bone grafts (although we are praying that this does not prove necessary).

Selax

#41 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

So, a further update:
Her leg healed and she's been up again with walker and braces and going quite a distance, although she is still trying to recover some additional strength and mobility from before the break occurred.

However, a new problem of a potentially extremely serious nature has appeared in her left foot. Directed prayer would be especially appreciated.

As always, thanks all, it is really appreciated. Also, I'm sorry that I haven't been around as much lately. Hopefully, I'll be able to remedy that a bit soon, but we'll see how things go.

Selax

#42 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

I'm sorry to hear about her foot ): I'll pray.

#43 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users