Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Fate of Ambrosia and the Cythera Forums - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Fate of Ambrosia and the Cythera Forums

Poll: Saving the Forums? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Should an independent forum for Cythera be created?

1. Yes (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. No (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Maybe (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

If so, which topics and such could be saved?

1. Just the materials in the Archives (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. As much as possible (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. None of the current topics (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

I don't usually announce when I update my story archive, but this time I feel like announcing it because, in addition to adding new content, I decided to remove a couple of things from my archive folder. For one, I've removed my copy of the forum version of Slayer's Guide. It's pretty cool, but it's just too huge. Wizzy and Fiery are both currently backing it up, so why should I bother? :x I've also decided to remove my PMs. That's probably overly-cautious of me, but I didn't want to risk violating anyone's privacy (can't promise I'll remember to exclude the PM folder every time I update the archive though).
I'll become even more undignified than this

#102 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Okay, maybe it'll become the norm for me to announce my updates. This time, I decided to add my working Sail glossary to the "assorted notes" folder. It's probably not completely accurate, and it's not endorsed by Kat. In fact, I'm a little nervous that because I've announced this, Kat will download it and see how confused I've gotten everything. But, I guess I'll post this anyway, just in case anyone was wishing for a Sail glossary.

#103 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

I don't think you got anything wrong. If you're confused it's probably because I made changes in previous chapters, like adding in a lot of place names. I had a glossary in progress, but you motivated me to get most of my notes in the same place finally. :) I was going to email it to you, but then I remembered that I have Dropbox.

Glossary
Reference images and a new map

None of my reference images are exact, like the images for Tiernan's house aren't a log cabin, but I picked them for the general feel they evoke. The map is not nearly as pretty as my old one, but it's relatively accurate. :unsure:

For location images, the first part of the file name is the location in the story and the second part is the location in real life. A lot of them are from British Columbia where I grew up, like Anwen Bel is the coastal rainforest, the Colonnium is the BC Parliament building, and the Holmgar canyon is a river canyon we used to drive through all the time.

#104 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

Wowev, Kat, this is amazing! :D Thank you!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users