Ambrosia Software Web Board: Does UrSylph identify with Tavara on some level? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does UrSylph identify with Tavara on some level?

#1 User is offline   ScratSkinner 

• Birdseed Fetcher
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I mean, UrSylph has been keeping tabs on him, for some reason. And I think I see some similarity in their current abodes:

UrSylph: surrounded by fire which is buried under land which is surrounded by water
Tavara: Layer of demons (fire?- they're red), layer of undead (earth?- those blue clothes remind me of Seldane), and then the Syclla moat(water)

Do you suppose there's anything to it?
Proud Recipient of the "Off Topic Post Award"
... the strange feeling that someone, somewhere, has said what you just said

#2 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

After brushing up on my Cythera history I think it's safe to say there is a lot of similarity between the two, such as:

Both were betrayed. UrSlyph by Ignae and the other elementals. Tavara by the Undine and perhaps even humans to a certain extent.

Both were forced into imprisonment where they remain still.

There might be more but I could see UrSylph identifying with him, though I'm sure his pride would only allow him to see Tavara as a power hungry fool.

I was going to list a summary of what I learned in my studies here, but now I'm wondering: Is there a history of people from cythera? At least important ones? I know one can piece together information from dialogs and books in the game, but I think it'd be easier a least for non meetable characters for some kind of bio..

#3 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

I figured UrSylph keeps tabs on everyone, he might have payed close attention to Tavara since he was a human messing with the elements. UrSylph doesn't seem to like Tavara much either, he keeps calling him a "traitor", but there are definitely some some parallels between them.

Also, I agree with Two Jacks, it's especially hard to look up info on Tavara since he's referenced in a bunch of scattered places and a lot of them don't even mention him by name.

#4 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

If someone makes an index I'd be happy to write some histories up. Afterwords everyone can point out all my mistakes!

#5 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Writing biographies for interesting characters in the game sounds like a fun idea ^_^ Does anyone know why Tavara destroyed Abydos?

OP (nice to meet you?)- I think you have a good point. Tavara's fortress is a lot like UrSylph's prison. Maybe Tavara's been there and and it inspired his fortress? Considering how much knowledge Tavara had about the elementals, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd met UrSylph too.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#6 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostTwo Jacks, on 17 June 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

If someone makes an index I'd be happy to write some histories up. Afterwords everyone can point out all my mistakes!

Why do need to wait until afterward? Can't we point out your mistakes beforehand :P ?

I'm not certain that Ur-Sylph has been keeping tabs on Tavara. It is possible, but I think that he is aware of much that happens across Cythera and that Tavara's treachery seems to remind him of Ignae "betraying" him. Since the Undine seem to have betrayed Tavara, it is possible that he identifies with him to some extent.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#7 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Oh, what so what exactly do you want as an index, Nezmy?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#8 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Dream index would be a top down view of cythera where you can click on cities and what not and bring up a top down view of information for that area, including people, then once you click on the person it gives you their picture and bio and reference links.

But in light of all that, just a list of peeps with preferably some kind of network showing heir relations to each other (blood related, colleagues, location) that kind of thing.

Short of all that! Just a nice spot on the website with a picture and a place for me to slap a summary of their lives and some reference links. :P

#9 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 18 June 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Writing biographies for interesting characters in the game sounds like a fun idea ^_^ Does anyone know why Tavara destroyed Abydos?

I think Omen said something about the people of Abydos rejecting his leadership (not that he's a reliable source :P), and both UrSylph and Tavara's journal indicate that the undine made him do it, not sure what their agenda was though.

#10 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hm perhaps an inquisition of the ghosts of Abydos would reveal more.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users