Ambrosia Software Web Board: Effects of Not Sleeping Well - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Effects of Not Sleeping Well In Cythera, of course

#1 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

I didn't feel like using hours trying to find this using the board's search system, and I wanted another topic anyways. :)

Does anyone know the exact effects of sleeping in a bed that is not your own/not one you've paid to use? I was recently using an edited character with 255 health and mana, and I noticed that after sleeping in another bed for a couple of times, the mana stopped regenerating at 72 points, up from somewhere in the ten's I think. Health was already full. Using the bed again, the mana did not change at all.

I used to think that sleeping in another bed just caused your health and mana to regenerate more slowly, but now it seems there may be a cap on how much you can regenerate. Is this a bug or has anyone else noticed this?
Wizard

#2 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Were you able to get past 72 in your own bed?

#3 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Actually, I think my Cythera installation got corrupted or something. I'm having some problems with all characters. Specifically, ACE! edited characters are not regenerating mana at all, except through Alaric, and some older characters that I've not played in a long time are sometimes working and other times not. New characters seem to be working fine, until I edit them in ACE!.

For the characters whose sleep functionality is working, I've not noticed any real difference between your own bed and another's, but I haven't had a chance to test specific intervals of time to see if one is slower than the other. I'll probably reinstall Cythera before I do much more on this.
Wizard

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

How strange, I've never heard of that happening before o.O

I've done a little bit of experimentation with health & mana regeneration. I have only experimented a little bit, so I can't say these numbers are always true.

Your LKH bed, not hungry, without Omen's ring: Health & mana both regenerate at 12/hour.
Your LKH bed, hungry (for 2+ hours), without Omen's ring: No regeneration.
Your LKH bed, not hungry, with Omen's ring: Health regenerates at 42/hour, mana at 12/hour.
Your LKH bed, hungry (for 2+ hours), with Omen's ring: Health regenerates at 30/hour, mana doesn't regenerate.

Titan's Head bed, not hungry, without Omen's ring: Health & mana both regenerate at 10/hour.
Titan's Head bed, hungry (for 2+ hours), without Omen's ring: No regeneration.
Titan's Head bed, not hungry, with Omen's ring: Health regerates at 35/hour, mana at 10/hour.
Titan's Head bed, hungry (for 2+hours), with Omen's ring: Health regenerates at 25/hour, mana doesn't regenerate.

Abandoned bed, not hungry, without Omen's ring: Health & mana both regenerate at 4/hour.
Abandoned bed, hungry (for 2+ hours), without Omen's ring: No regeneration.
Abandoned bed, not hungry, with Omen's ring: Health regerates at 10-18/hour, mana at 4-5/hour.
Abandoned bed, hungry (for 2+hours), with Omen's ring: Health regenerates at 10-12/hour, mana at 0-1/hour.

At first it seemed really consistent, then I noticed more and more inconsistencies (particularly in the "abandoned bed" category - meaning a bed that will not give you a good rest. For this experiment, I used a spare guest bed in LKH for one hour five times). I don't understand it. Can you make any sense of it?
I'll become even more undignified than this

#5 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Very interesting, BW! That explains my problems: I hadn't been keeping my characters well fed. It's nice to have the actual numbers that are associated with different levels of sleep. I didn't realize that Omen's ring increases life regeneration.

Anyways, I searched briefly for what mechanism regulated regeneration rates but have had no success yet. I wonder what the base rate is for a character who is not sleeping; as I recall, mana at least regenerates slowly.

On a related note: Selax said that he had found the object attribute byte that controls whether or not you can sleep soundly on an object. He found that adding this byte to objects, such as chairs, allows you to sleep soundly in them as though they were your LKH bed.
Wizard

#6 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

I wonder if it's possible to make something like the strange device have the same attributes of a health potion, thus making a never ending health pot.. That or make them stackable I guess.

#7 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hmm, very interesting. I had never noticed a correlation between regeneration rate and the bed used or between regeneration and one's state of hunger. I usually tend to keep my characters fed and just sleep as long as necessary to regenerate.

TwoJacks, it might be possible, but controlling items and their effects is a very imprecise business. It's one of the game components that I'm still trying to figure out.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users