• Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

Works here too, nice work. :)

#27 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Excellent work, BW! I had forgotten how many different scenarios there are just for talking over the Kesh mission with Sacas. I imagine that the game's flexible handling of doing quests out of order is probably what makes recording the complete dialogue the hardest. How's your work with Cademia coming along? That must be a huge task.
Wizard

#28 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

Indeed, recording different responses for the same prompts can be time-consuming. Especially if I don't have a savegame file for the point of the game I'm looking for! I probably have not gotten every scenario for every person. However, I have only six people left to complete Cademia.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#29 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

94.5/100 KB! Whew! I've included in this folder, an update for my Odemia files. It doesn't really belong in the Cademia folder, but I thought it would be easier this way. There is not too much I needed to update, yet.

EDIT: Forgot to add, my intention is to work on Pnyx next. Heehee, "Pnyx next" that's fun to say ^_^ /edit

As I gather these things, I think of a few more categories of information that would be fun to collect for the internet:
1) Scrolls. Fiery's got all the books, but occasionally there's something of interest on various pieces of parchment in the game. Recently I transcribed the Omen's Test scrolls and posted them on a different topic. Mostly it was just boring instructions, but I dunno.
2) Narrations. The game opening and three possible endings. I think those are all pretty interesting!
3) Descriptions of locations. You know a lot of rooms have a small descriptions the first time you enter them. Probably all pretty boring, but I thought some might be useful for references for stories.

So I'm wondering if Fiery or Wizzy or anyone who knows how to do this stuff would be willing to host those ideas?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 01 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

#30 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Triple post! Going for quadruple - let's see if I can get Catamarca's dialogues before someone else responds to this topic! :D

Attached File  Pnyx.zip (64.54K)
Number of downloads: 1
Edit: Uploading Version 2. The only thing changed is a bit of the Fountain - thanks Wizzy!

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 05 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

#31 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Interrupting 453…

Oh, er, nice work. :P

#32 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Gahh, Buzzy! Now I'll never get to quadruple post!

Attached File  Catamarca.zip (26.65K)
Number of downloads: 2
Next up is Kosha.

#33 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Wow, BW, you've done a ton of work on this! I was just under Pnyx, testing different responses with the Wishing Fountain. My version says "That's really original. I wish I had a pony. Sheesh." when you say Pony (I had to record a video of the screen and pause on that frame, because it does seem to go right through it), and a grammatical note, when you say three, it says "You want three wishes? I don't think so." with a period at the end as opposed to ellipses. Coffee and Tequila appear to be correct. Also, I found one other random phrase it says after you've had your wish: "Driver does not carry cash." Aside from that, I couldn't find any other random phrases or any other wishes it responds to. Does anyone know of any wishes you can make besides "Coffee", "Pony", "Tequila", and "Three"?

Also, I like your idea of adding the contents of Scrolls to the Books collection. Is Pallas willing to host that with his Books page? It would be very useful to have all the in-game texts accessible together.

As for the narrations, I've done the easy one, the introduction, here's my contribution to the project: :P

Restful sleep just wasn't going to come this night - and it wasn't just the weather. Dreams, dark and disturbing, linger in the back of the mind, almost forgotten, but not quite. Their unquiet spirits fight to come to the surface, but cannot break the barrier of the consciousness. Dark forms, dead things, with an unnatural glow, a sense of a loss of control, and madness. Corruption and ancient powers, alien to mankind - things that seem normal on the surface, but are wrong, so very wrong, underneath.

Rising, seeking solace in television, but nothing is found there but inane info-mercials, selling some snake oil or pyramid scheme, designed to steal the dreams and money of the weak. A glass of water, perhaps, can chase away the troubles in the back of the mind. Walking, as if still asleep, outside to the patio, the desire for air perhaps less stagnant.

A breeze is heard in the distance, stirring the leaves of a might [sic] oak, but no release from the weather is felt. The storm approaches from the west, with the tingle of ozone being added to the atmosphere, and an unnatural greenish glow seen in the clouds. That glow is somehow familiar - and disturbing. To the east, it is still clear, and stars can be seen - the only thing that seems t provide any comfort. There, low and near the horizon, Mars, ancient god of war.

It is then that blackness comes, but not the blackness of night, not just the absence of light. Instead the blackness of a void, the absence of all - all sight, all sound, all feeling, all sense of time and space. It comes in an instant, and lasts for an eternity, before slowly fading.

"It is good - our saviour stirs," says a hunchbacked fool, dressed in motley. He turns to his companion, a taller, distinguished older man, whose face is both timeless and yet bears the toll of an unknown number of years.

"Yes Magpie, it is good. I hope you are right - I am severely weakened. To have cast so far, across so much, for this one, I just don't know."

"Trust Magpie, you must - has the counsel of Magpie ever been wrong? The choice was a good one, the risk worth the reward. This was your last best chance for regaining your power, and saving the land from being destroyed. Much rests on the shoulders of this young one, but the choice was good."

I'd have to play through the game again to get the alternate endings. Although, I do know the one for when you die:

You are dead.
You die, not knowing the fate of Alaric.

I'd also love to have the descriptions of all the rooms recorded, but I'm not sure how those could be presented. The best route would probably be to overlay a key on all the minimaps that would denote which room goes with which description.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 05 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

Wizard

#34 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Wowev, Wizzy, thanks for correcting those wishes! I really don't know how to do any of that fancy recording stuff. If I did, maybe I'd offer to help with the Let's Play project :\ Those wish responses that were in my file, I just got from an old thread on this board. Anyway, collecting the dialogues has been fun and easy for me, but as you all know, there's a lot of prompts I simply don't think of. If we want a complete collection (which probably isn't as cool as it sounds), more people will need to go through and look for more prompts.

I'm getting close to done with the dialogues. I've finished Kosha, so now I'm just gathering the scattered-around people's. I do not intend to gather LKH. I know Buzzy has done most (or all?) of it already, and I did LKH myself a while back on my other computer. That computer is comatose right now, but I hope & hope that I can revive it after my new RAM arrives in a week or two. For now, my intention is to gather everything but LKH.

Thanks for posting the first narration, Wizzy! I've hit a snag with the narration after you give the Crolna shards to Pelagon. When I do this, the screen just goes black. I still have to click through all the narration pages to ultimately get to the text, "you gave the only hope to the enemy, who killed you." But the entire narration is invisible - just a black screen. I thought I remembered that happening to me the first time I tried it, years & years ago; but later went on to question my memory. I know I got that narration on my other computer, using SheepShaver, but that is the one that is comatose. If I can revive that computer, I'll have the narration (I already transcribed it). Otherwise, I'm at a loss of how to get it. I've tried two different computers (one running OS9, one with Classic), and didn't get the narration on either one.
I have transcribed the narration for using the corrupted Crolna on Alaric, but not yet the one for using the purified Crolna on him.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 05 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

#35 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

I posted updated "zips" for Cademia and Pnyx (why is the Cademia update slightly smaller than the original? That unsettles me..), but I could not update the Odemia one because I just got error messages whenever I tried. Whatever. The updates don't have anything I didn't already put in my "update" files, except the Pnyx update is just the minor tweaks to the Fountain file that Wizzy pointed out.

#36 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

No need to worry about getting it off your old computer, BW, I went ahead and did it. Here's the transcription (I'm assuming that this isn't a spoiler for anybody):

Your will is not left in your body - and images of the future, of the results of your failure, come flooding in. You don't not [sic] know how you are seeing what you see, as if the being that was Pelagon has hold of your mind, to torture you with the results of your failure.

You see Alaric, with trusty Magpie at his side, sitting in the throne room of LandKing Hall. Pelagon strides forward, a hideous creature you know as Omen by his side, a green glow coming from his hand. Alaric rises, as if to stop him, when a bolt of energy lances out. At the last momemt [sic], Magpie dives in front of Alaric, his body reduced to ash. But even that last heroic effort does not save Alaric, for a second bolt flies from Pelagon's hand, consuming Alaric. Pelagon climbs Alaric's throne, pausing to brush away the ash that remains. "We have done well, master," says Omen, whose shape wavers, becoming that of Magpie. Pelagon smiles, his shape wavers, becoming that of Alaric, but with an evil green gleam in his eyes.

Sabinate looks up from his meditation, alarm in his eyes. Just as suddenly, his face dims, and tears begin streaming down his face.

A small child plays with a toy on a dusty street. She drops the toy, and beginning crying [sic]. Her mother picks her up, but is unable to stop the tears, unable to soothe the pain. For what is wrong with the child is something that will not go away, something that will only get worse as the years go by…

You gave the only hope to the enemy, who killed you.

Oddly enough, I don't remember this ending, but I know that at one point, I've given the crolna to Pelagon. I think I encountered the same error as BW where the screen went completely black, and I wasn't able to read it.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 05 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

Wizard

#37 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Does it have something to do with SheepShaver? Because I could see it on SheepShaver too... :\
Thanks for transcribing it ^_^

I'm through with the vineyards and the farm, I'm working on Ayrit currently.

#38 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

My screen goes black as well, but I only have to click once and it shows me the text. :\ As for the wishing fountain responses, I was under the impression that all versions of Cythera did that (flashing the text briefly).

I haven't completed LKH yet, I’ve had some stuff get in the way. I’ve also been recording some characters who aren’t strictly LKH, such as Demodocus and Omen.

453, out of curiosity, how are you going to categorize these after Kosha? There’s a few places, like the Seldane city, which have substantial amounts of dialogue, but a lot of the remaining characters seem to be a mix.

#39 User is offline   Seldane 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

You get that ending when you give the crolna to Pelagon.

That works for me, in Sheepshaver. But on Windows.

What is Ayrit?

Does anybody intend to log the responses you get from your various party members when you use "ask about" and click on an item? A lot of the responses are just standard, for example "looks like a strange device", and might not be very interesting. But some other responses are.

This is all very exciting.

This post has been edited by Seldane: 06 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

#40 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

So far my files are excluding all "ask about"s and "where is"s, just because most are so boring.

Ayrit is where Sabinate & his cronies live.

#41 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Most of the useful ask about information is on weapons/armor, which is all very well documented in Slayer’s Guide. I think Ayrit was the name of the Seldane city that used to be in LKH as well, but I could be wrong.

#42 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

I'm still working on gathering dialogue, but here's Kosha and Ayrit.
Attached File  Kosha and Ayrit.zip (31.38K)
Number of downloads: 3

#43 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

I have not done any work on the dialogue since I posted Kosha and Ayrit.

The good news is that my RAM arrived early! The bad news is that it had no effect on my computer. Maybe I'll do LKH over again if I get bored, but I'm thinking I'll just let Buzzy post that.

#44 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 10 March 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

I have not done any work on the dialogue since I posted Kosha and Ayrit.

The good news is that my RAM arrived early! The bad news is that it had no effect on my computer. Maybe I'll do LKH over again if I get bored, but I'm thinking I'll just let Buzzy post that.

Yayz, now I can hopefully get LKH done before you finish the rest of the game. ;) As for the RAM issue, it seems the three beeps can be caused by other issues some of which are rather costly to fix. You should probably try taking the chip out and putting it back in a dozen times or so before giving up on it though, incorrect alignment seems to be most common problem.

#45 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

I think that, excepting LandKing Hall, I've got everyone now. Let me know if you think of anyone I missed ^_^

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Misc.zip (64.2K)
    Number of downloads: 3

#46 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Collecting dialogues has been so much fun that I didn't want to stop with one place left :x I did LKH again.
So Fiery, I think we should have everyone now? Not sure if I should post my LKH folder or just leave that to Buzzy - his is probably more complete because he's good at thinking of prompts (:

I'm going to work on transcribing the descriptions of places too.

#47 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 11 March 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

Collecting dialogues has been so much fun that I didn't want to stop with one place left :x I did LKH again.
So Fiery, I think we should have everyone now? Not sure if I should post my LKH folder or just leave that to Buzzy - his is probably more complete because he's good at thinking of prompts (:

You should post it, having multiple accounts for completeness sake is prolly better. :)

#48 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

There's a few narrations in here too. I got an extra paragraph when I died (didn't mean to attack Hector, honest), I'm not sure why Wizzy's death message was missing that paragraph? Anyway, combined with the opening narration and the giving-Pelagon-the-three-shards narration, both of which Wizzy already posted, I believe this completes the collection of narrations.

I believe if you go meet Pelagon in the grotto with <3 shards (I mean literally "less than three shards" not "heart shards"), the narration is ultimately the same as when you give him three shards, but if someone wants to double-check that...?

Attached File(s)

#49 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

That's very strange about the death paragraph. I seem to remember getting that at some point, but I've never gotten it in SheepShaver to the best of my knowledge.

Also, the drunk in Kosha I noticed has another glitch where the dialogue goes by to fast, so I recorded that, too. If you say you've been to Cademia, but you don't know where the Castle is, he says "You know - where da Tyrants used to live." and then he continues with the conversation BW has already recorded.

And, I haven't checked this, but I'm not sure that Pelagon even appears in the grotto until you have three shards of the crolna? Does anybody know for certain?
Wizard

#50 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Pelagon appears as soon as the murder is committed iirc, I definitely found him in the demo with only the first and third shards.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users