Ambrosia Software Web Board: Rasmus and Co. Inquiries. Part I - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Rasmus and Co. Inquiries. Part I More active than that other TS!

#51 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostPallas Athene, on 26 June 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

"Oh, just your average…'garden'-variety pepper," he said with a wink. "But I've got some magic peppers, though. You… you want one of those? I mean, yeah, I could give you one."

"No, thank-you, I'm actually in kind of a hurry at the moment. I've been hired to defeat an evil villain, or return his rebellious daughter, or something? & I really don't have time to chat!" Pirro paused a moment, "But if you don't mind, send it care of the Rat-catchers' Guild in Cademia, I'm sure they'll know where to find me. Oh yes! & please include a few seeds for the pepper I just ate!"

While Pirro was interacting with the daemon, the rest of the party edged their way past them & headed down the next corridor. While the daemon was distracted by his master, Pirro ducked after his party making sure to bar the door behind himself.

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 01 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#52 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

*OoC*

In my defense, they didn't do so consistently on the previous pages :P . Also, rhyming is not my strong suit.

*BiC*

Using the map, Anonymous was making good time toward the evil villain's lair. He was just about two corridors away from the entrance when two skeletons stepped into the hallway in front of him. Hungercles might have been indisposed, but the evil maniac had obviously summoned other minions to his aid. Seeing the mage, the skeletons immediately rushed him.

Anonymous paused for a moment and cast the first spell he could think of: mystic arrow.

The skeleton he had targeted immediately burst into flames and crumbled into ash.

"Oops," the mage murmured before turning his attention to the other skeleton.

Quickly, he cast charm.

The skeleton he had targeted immediately burst into flames and crumbled into ash.

"Why does that always happen whenever I cast a spell?" Anonymous wondered aloud.

Shrugging, he continued cautiously down the corridor.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#53 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

The party soon found themselves in a room with 16 doors.

#54 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Despite the sixteen doors that were lying on the ground, the only doorframe in the room appeared to be set into a rock wall with no tunnel behind it. It was a dead end!

"Well?" Danaë said expectantly. "Put one of the doors in there, already."

"Oh, right, good idea," Feoras said. He picked one up, made his way over to the frame and fit the door into place. Then he opened the door.

On the other side they saw a sandy, red desert with rocks strewn about. Even the sky was red, and the sun was too small. A dusty breeze blew through the door, making Feoras cough loudly as he closed the door.

"Uh, I don't think that's where we're headed," Rasmus said. "Let's try this one."

Behind the next door there was nothing but shards of mirrors and glass projecting every which way. Some of the shards reflected back the image of the group through the doorway, but in others were reflections of reflections so far they couldn't see the end.

"Ugh," Erica said. "Who would want to have anything to do with a mirror universe?"

"No, a mirror universe would be wonderful!" Danaë exclaimed. "Then I can look at myself all day instead of you lot. Put that back in!" she commanded as Rasmus removed the door.

#55 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

Seeing Rasmus resolve waver, Pirro stepped forward & firmly removed the door from his hands. He tossed the door back into its spot & choose the door marked with a big 'F' to try next.

#56 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

At last, Anonymous had arrived at the door that--according to the guide--led to the evil villain's office. Approaching it, he was surprised to see a young woman sitting at a desk next to it. Noting the sign on the desk that indicated that woman was the villain's secretary, the mage paused for a moment, not certain how to proceed. At that moment, the secretary looked up and spotted him.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asked sternly.

Anonymous hesitated. He figured that the villain was anticipating his arrival at this point but was uncertain about whether that meant an appointment had been made.

"Maybe," he finally replied.

"Hmph, well, I'll check." Pulling out an appointment book, she asked, "Name?"

"Anonymous."

The secretary snorted.

"You must not want to see him very much if you won't even tell me your name."

"But I just did!"

"Well, what was it?"

"Anonymous."

"I'm not letting you in if you won't even pretend to give me your name!"

"But I just did!" Anonymous retorted. The mage was beginning to have a very bad feeling: this process could take much longer than he had initially hoped.

Selax

#57 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostJehezekel, on 27 July 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Seeing Rasmus resolve waver, Pirro stepped forward & firmly removed the door from his hands. He tossed the door back into its spot & choose the door marked with a big 'F' to try next.

This was the 'F'!
Posted Image

This was what they saw!
http://youtu.be/OIHFvKiE8D0

"Huh," Feoras said.

Danaë pointed to a door marked 'Q'. "Now that one," she said.

#58 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Pirro started, "Where'd that seventeenth door come from?!!"

#59 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

So that's why I can't figure out how to be a ghost!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#60 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Realizing the doors created 5D space, the heroes arranged them in such a way that when opened, the doors created a wrinkle in the fabric of reality. One by one they hopped through the rift with a 'woohoo!' a 'calabunga!' and a 'よし!' until it shut behind them.

In the new room they found themselves... looking through steel bars! More like metal poles though, in fact they don't really look like bars at all unless those can also be cylndracle... cylindracal, uhh, cylindrical! You get the idea.

A hearty laugh came from behind them. (<-click for some accompanying tunes yo) "Well well well," said the smiling stranger, "Look at how the heroes have... fell!" he laughed again.

While the group didn't recognize the man's face, Rasmus took credit for recognizing his voice. Indeed, it was the villain of this story, The Great Pelli!. He was dressed in tight leathers with a blue cloak draped from his shoulders which he pulled in front oh himself dramatically whenever he laughed or thought he'd said something clever. The heroes were not impressed.

"What are you going to do with us, you monster?" said a random unnamed adventurer.

"Second of all," Pelli answered near tears, "No, not a monster... Jerk." After turning away to rub away his eyes. Oh man, I meant tears. Yikes that's a disturbing image, rubbing away your eyes. Yuck. Ugh I can't get out of my hea-"ANYWAYS, firstly! I haven't... thought it out. You meddling kids weren't supposed to go so far down this... route!" He concluded, while still wearing tight leathers. Pelli was glad with himself for rhyming that last sentence so well, and rather cross with me for reminding you just how tight those leathers are.

#61 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

"Okay, fine, whatever. We have returned your missing princess, & are feeling really impatient to get our fancy cutlery & go home," Pirro paused thoughtfully, "Or were you hoping for a duel? Fine. First one to have a wardrobe malfunction or lose consciousness is the loser."

Pirro, poised with his sword, awaited a response.

#62 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

It might be said that Anonymous had finally realized the futility of arguing with the secretary and had backed off down the corridor to come up with a different strategy.

In truth, however, he had simply run out of breath and had been forced to stop to rest.

The mage was just feeling up to trying again when he suddenly heard someone coming. Turning, he saw a very large, strange-looking man shuffling down the hallway toward him. The man paused next to him.

"HO HO HO, I am Hungercles! My boss sent me here to destroy a mage! Have you seen one?"

Thinking quickly (for once), Anonymous pointed at the secretary.

"Right there," he said.

"HO HO HO, Thank you!"

The daemon walked toward the secretary and, pausing in front of her desk, exclaimed, "HO HO HO, I am Hungercles! My boss sent me here to destroy you and—"

"Do you have an appointment?" the secretary interrupted, looking down her nose at Hungercles.

"HO HO HO, well, no, but—"

"No appointment means no destruction."

"HO HO HO, but—"

Not waiting to see how the argument went, Anonymous slipped around the two and entered Pelli's office. Glancing around, he saw a complex array of TV monitors (each displaying a different part of Pelli's hideout), levers, and buttons. Plainly, this was the control console that Pelli used to operate the traps and such around his lair. Cautiously, he hurried toward it.

He was not, however, cautious enough to avoid the tripwire that Pelli had left across the entrance, just in case the mage should reach his office.

Anonymous tripped and went flying across the office, right toward an open window. Fortunately, his cloak snagged on one of the levers, triggering it in the process. He fell with a crash onto the villain's control system, tripping another lever. Getting to his feet, he staggered and steadied himself on another one of the levers, accidentally flipping it.

"Hmm, I hope none of those did anything important," Anonymous murmured.

Before Pelli could reply to Pirro's challenge, three things happened. First, the door behind the villain suddenly swung shut and latched itself. Then, the bars around the heroes suddenly retracted, freeing them.

"Ha! We have you now, villain," Rasmus cheered.

At that moment, the third thing happened. Suddenly, several doors in the walls opened, unleashing a horde of angry polyps into the room.

Selax

#63 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Pelli grinned. "You may think I'm beat, but not this time.
These polyps attack only those who cannot rhyme!
Your lives will be over in a—" Pelli snapped "—snap"
unless you defeat me in a duel of rap!"

Danaë fumed. "Worm, you forget your station:
you suffer from underarticulation.
Your manners are lacking; your clothing atrocious;
the sheet round your neck reeks of unseemly gaucheness.
You've fewer IQ points than your catsuit has straps;
you are the ass in your assless chaps;
you need no maps; your raps portend your collapse."

The polyps wavered.

#64 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Pirro ripped an axe off the wall & started in on some mad riffs, unfortunately he had no idea how to play.

#65 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Meanwhile, Anonymous was looking around Pelli's office. After a thorough search, he concluded the villain was not in the room. Disappointed, he sat down at the desk and began to rummage through the various books and papers. In the process, he accidentally switched on the intercom.

As the polyps wavered, a voice suddenly filled the room.

"Hmm, 'Villainy for Dummies,'" Anonymous voice came over the intercom. "That seems like something a bad guy would read."

Pelli yelled, "Quit going through my stuff, you blasted mage!"

Unfortunately, he was so enraged that he forgot to rhyme.

The polyps turned toward him menacingly.

Selax

#66 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

"EEEEEE" the dastardly fellow squealed like a castrato on helium, & ran through the door, the polyps close behind!

Pirro cautiously peeked through the shattered doorway. The door beyond was shattered as well, failing to conceal the horde of polyps consuming the battered remains of Pelli. But close at hand was Anonymous absently browsing the contents of the office.

#67 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hearing the commotion, Anonymous glanced up and saw the polyps finishing off Pelli. Knowing it was his duty to rescue those in distress (whatever their affiliation), the mage stood decisively, putting his hand on the desk to push himself upright. In the process, he accidentally pushed one of the levers on the control panel. Immediately, a trapdoor opened beneath Pelli and the polyps, causing them all to drop out of sight.

Anonymous blinked.

Carefully, Pirro and the others made their around the gaping opening and joined the mage in the office.

"So, I guess that's it, then?" Pirro suggested.

Selax

#68 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

"It appears so, but I thought the princess was supposed to lead us to our reward," Anonymous mused, glancing over at Danaë.

"My presence should be reward enough," she replied disdainfully, as she walked into the office and sat down in the chair. In the process, she leaned back and bumped one of the levers on the control panel. Immediately, the door to the safe in the office opened.

"It must be our reward," Erica said excitedly.

Anonymous walked over and began to examine the safe's contents.

"Just another book about villainy and a large sack of oboloi. I thought we were supposed to get more than a book for our reward..."

Ignoring him, the other adventurers hurriedly gathered the oboloi. Glancing around the office once more, the group headed toward the exit from the caverns.

Selax

#69 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Surprisingly, they safely exited the structure without incident and resumed their trek to Cademia.

Meanwhile, in Pelli's (former) stronghold...

"Well, that could have gone better," (future) Erica said, removing her secretary disguise.

"I don't see how," Hungercles commented, also removing his disguise. (Future) Feoras continued, "I didn't get locked a room with a man from the IRS, so I didn't go insane!" He was about to start singing for joy, when (future) Erica interrupted him.

"But you stopped me from stopping Anonymous! He still got the book!"

"That's not my fault. I was insane!" (future) Feoras protested. "Besides, 'Pelli' should have stopped him!"

"Pelli" appeared, still very much alive. Pulling off his mask, he was revealed to be (future) Pirro.

"I forgot to take the book out of the safe, okay? Besides which, how as I supposed to remember that Danae was an expert at rhyme?" he replied irritably.

(Future) Erica rubber her forehead and sighed.

"This is getting us nowhere. We still have a chance. We just have to get the book away from Anonymous...preferably without informing him about who we really are."

"Why can't we just tell him?" (future) Feoras asked, scratching his head. "I was still insane when we made this plan, so I'm kind of unclear on the details."

"If we tell Anonyomous that we are from the future and that he decides to become an evil dark lord so that our group will have a challenge and become better heroes, he's just as likely to conclude that becoming an evil dark lord is his destiny. It probably wouldn't do the spacetime continuum any good either."

"But he's so much better at being a dark lord than a hero..." (future) Feoras muttered.

"Be that as it may, we still need to stop him from conquering Cythera," she replied. "Since this plan didn't work, we'll have to try again."

(Future) Erica glanced at the other two.

"So, any suggestions?"

Selax

#70 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

"We could try telling them what happened," (future) Pirro suggested. "Maybe they'd give up adventuring."

"Maybe," (future) Erica said with a frown.

"We could try this again," (future) Feoras speculated. "We know their next quest. We can replace the villains again and try to stop Anonymous from reading any more of the book."

"Or we could just go off on our merry way and let the topic die," (future) Erica sighed.

Selax

#71 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

"We'll wait," (future) Feoras suggested. "With any luck, the next adventure will inspire people, and we won't be needed."

"It's worth a try," (future) Pirro agreed.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users