Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Welcome back Buzzzzy.

#27 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Ditto Two Jacks ^_^

Also thanks for the mushroom information. I wonder if you have to be at a certain point in the game for Aethon to carry the mushroom. Do you have any idea if you were using version 1.0.4? I want to try an older version to see if that would work, but I have no idea how to get my hands on an older version :\
I'll become even more undignified than this

#28 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

I've never played an older version of the game, as I got it relatively recently compared to its release date. I haven't been able to obtain the mushroom steak yet through experimentation.

#29 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

I dimly remember the mushroom steak when I was playing Cythera last... However, I can't go back and play through again in an attempt to find it, because my computer had a hissy fit a little while ago and I had to reinstall everything... Which somehow deleted Cythera. T.T

But yes, I definitely remember the mushroom steak. But i never ate it, I just left it in my inventory and laughed a lot. ^^
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#30 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

o_0 you’re back! blink.gif

(heh, missed other post heh)

(EDIT 2: damn quick edit’s not parsing of special chars…’, not ’ >_<)

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 06 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

#31 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

She must have followed your trail of candy.

#32 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Yep, I'm back. ^^ Hopefully I will stay for a while.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#33 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

I'm back too ^_^ (Though I bet no one's noticed that I've been without internet for three weeks... Doesn't really compare to Crazy's absence, which was what, two and a half years?)

Welcome back Crazy! I hope you're staying?

I did yet another playthrough in attempt to get that mushroom, but still no success. I figured since my fellowers have a way of feeding themselves (silently, no comments of "not very good") when I starve them, I thought maybe the key was keeping them fed. Oh well. I've done a game of eating nothing but meat, and a game of being vegetarian, but nothing. I don't know what to try next :( Do any of you with no Cythera-access have any ideas that you can't try out?

#34 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

I was here in August for a bit...
My theory is the divide food one, because I did it with no food, and then about three hours later I noticed I had a mushroom steak. It's a bit sketchy, due to the extended time frame, but it's the best I can remember from my last playing a year ago... >.<

#35 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hey, anything you can remember may help someone figure this out ^_^ Now I know that it's possible to get it without having any food (Noman said he had some steaks at the time, but I guess that was just a coincidence).

Do you happen to remember if you were keeping yourself and your followers fed at the time?

#36 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Try using a modded save file, I know I got at least one steak while using the I.M.Cheater save file.

#37 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

I always keep my followers fed, it's just cruel to let them starve. tongue.gif

edit: with food, not with magic. I never once used magic to feed any of my followers. Might or might not be helpful.

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 21 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

#38 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Thank you for the suggestions ^_^ I will try keeping my followers fed without magic on the Cheater file next time. Crazy, do you remember if you fed your followers yourself, or if you just let them carry their own food?

#39 User is offline   IT 000 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

I to remember getting a mushroom steak. Maybe you are given it after a certain number of days (Cythera days that is) and at a random time during the divide food process. Or maybe it's just Aethon's secret stash that he pulled out of his shoe hoping that no one would notice
Experiments
--Viper Racing
Articles
--Asteroids and You

#40 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

I let them feed themselves. I used to give Hector the fruit, and meleagar had the cheese and bread, flatbread or loaves, and Timon had about half the meat. I didn't have aethon because I hadn't worked out how to get him at that point...

#41 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

I just completed an entire game and didn’t get the ’shroom steak. Oh well, it was fun at least to go through the game again. smile.gif

Except that I wasn’t paying much attention, seeing as I was keeping my eye on everyone’s foods most of the time—and five inventories doesn’t leave much space for the playing screen! biggrin.gif

#42 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

I got it! :D

... but I'm still not sure how :(

Shorty got a new (well, newer. Old enough to run Classic!) computer a little while ago, so I decided to try again for the mushroom steak on the "new" computer ^_^ I got it on my first game. Throughout the game, I kept my food divided among my followers. Aethon was definitely not holding it when I got him, & dividing food right after he joined me didn't produce any mushroom steak. A while later, I tried dividing food again, and there it was in Hector's inventory! ^_^ *Dances*

I still want to solve the mystery of how to get it though, because solving mysteries is fun ^_^ I know I've tried dividing food at all sorts of points in the game on Shorty's old computer, and never got a mushroom steak. So why did it work on his new computer? I've got a couple of theories. My first theory isn't mine, but Jacks'. He suggested I try using the "I.M.Cheater" saved game file, but I never did because I couldn't figure out how to get it on Shorty's old computer. I was using that file this time, on Shorty's new computer. Could that have anything to do with it? Using that file meant I was playing the game as a male character, instead of a female character as I usually do. It also meant I was fully trained in everything possible (as far as I can remember anyway).

My other theory is that it has to do with Prusa. Now, I know that doesn't make any sense, but Prusa doesn't make any sense either, so... Anyway, since it was the first time anyone's played Cythera on Shorty's new computer, I had to go through the whole talking & waiting thing with Prusa. Prusa, in case anyone's forgotten, is the crazy magess who has the Sapphire Book of Beauty, & she doesn't really like letting go of it. She just spews nonsense whenever you try to talk to her. Every several hours, her dialogue changes just slightly. Once you get to the dialogue where she says that oil and water do not readily mix, she gives away her book. Now, if you never talk to her again for the rest of the game, she'll still be at that place when you start a new game. My point is, it's been a long while since I've had to deal with waiting on Prusa, because I've kept her at the right point on Shorty's old computer, & she always gives me the book right away.

Do you think it's possible that the mushroom steak will only appear if Prusa's on the right dialogue? ... Or do I sound as crazy as Prusa?

Anyway, after I got the mushroom steak, I immediately started replicating it. I was disappointed to discover that (like homemade flatbread) it does not stack, so I could not replicate 255 at a time :\ But I replicated several. Then I set them down and pooled all the other food into my own inventory to see if that would give me any clues as to why the mushroom appeared. I had 11 flatbreads, 4 breads, 7 cheeses, 6 grapes, 8 pomegranates, 7 meats (ribs), and 14 steaks. By the way, I also had all four followers. Now that I'd set down the mushroom steaks, I tried dividing food again. A new mushroom steak appeared in Hector's inventory! I tossed it on the ground and tried again, this time one appeared in Meleager's inventory. I tossed it on the ground, divided food, and now Aethon had TWO mushroom steaks! I tossed both of those, divided, & I myself had one ^_^ I tossed that and tried again, but no more mushroom steaks appeared. I divided several more times with no luck.

I was on day 3 of the game. I'd slept the first night, but not the second.

Any theories? :)

#43 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hmm, it might be that the food division process actually involves the destruction of the food items being divided and the creation of new food items (in the save file's code) and that it occasionally creates an incorrect item.

On another note, if I had a savefile of a character with the steak, I could probably determine it's item number (in the code) and thus be able to replicate it.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#44 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Edit 2: I'm wrong about everything. Haven't given up yet. I love a mystery <3

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 23 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

#45 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

I've gotten the mushroom steak 3 times now, each time in Slayer's Cheater savefile. I do not know why I can't get it in my own savefiles. Does anyone have any idea what could be different between Slayer's file and my own dozens of files I've gone through in attempt to get this mushroom?

#46 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

View PostTwo Jacks, on 17 November 2009 - 07:39 PM, said:

Try using a modded save file, I know I got at least one steak while using the I.M.Cheater save file.

woohoo my hacked save file theory was correct!

#47 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

Now that I have SheepShaver successfully running I took a look at which saved games I had with the steak. I only actually found one, which was an otherwise unremarkable save from a very long time ago (I think it’s at least 7 years old).

View PostTwo Jacks, on 27 January 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

woohoo my hacked save file theory was correct!

Potentially, however I am fairly certain I was not using this file when I got the steak—the file I have with it seems completely unhax’d and normal.

#48 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Yes thanks Nezmy, I never used that savefile since I have Pandora's Box, but I have managed to get mushroom steaks on it three times now ^_^

Also thanks for the confirmation that it's not the only way to get the mushroom, Buzzy.

#49 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Now I'm beginning to wonder if this item could be related to version number? Is it possible that save files created pre-1.0.4 are able to get a mushroom steak, but post-1.0.4 new characters might not? Since I've never gotten the mushroom steak, I couldn't say. I wonder what version number Slayer's IMCheater was created under.
Wizard

#50 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

No good, they're all 1.0.4 ):

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic