Ambrosia Software Web Board: Through the Looking Glass - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Through the Looking Glass OoC topic for Dark Mirror

#101 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

I was hoping that someone would reply to the action in my post and in doing so show one of the villains/monsters/evil alternate universe twins (major or minor) responsible for the animal/people slayings. I can do this myself but I gather that at least Selax and Avatara have a plan for that. I don't want to make a reveal that destroys some part of the plot you're building.

So: Is it okay to wing this myself or should I wait?
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#102 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

Currently I'm the only one to have directly introduced my alternate, and she fled the scene two days ago (the post describing this is forthcoming... eventually tongue.gif) so she can't be responsible.

I believe responsibility for all other murders so far has been decided, so this could be a prime opportunity to introduce a new villain, but what other people have in mind for their alternates is <muffled...>

#103 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Ragnar0k @ Jul 12 2009, 08:25 PM)
I can do this myself but I gather that at least Selax and Avatara have a plan for that.

Nope, alternates are up to the characters that own them. (we don't even know who all is going to have one)

And Katerei: sad.gif
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#104 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

Thanks for the quick answers guys. Oh, you would tell me if there was already a plan for what the root cause of all this was... right?
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."

#105 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Avatara @ Jul 12 2009, 10:21 PM)
And Katerei: sad.gif

What did I do wrong this time? sad.gif

#106 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

The only thing I'll say is don't underestimate the length of the story. I think Selax kinda has an explanation for what caused it to happen, but I don't think anybody has a resolution (I could be wrong, but I doubt it, because its likely a long ways off yet).
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#107 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Ragnar0k @ Jul 10 2009, 12:32 PM)
iKaterei, Talos entered the forest after leaving the beach either south of your group or north of it. You decide.

Not sure that you'll actually need to specify that detail anywhere, but I think it will inevitably be south because my group is long gone. If Rapierian has already escaped as of Talos' arrival and Selax-Wizard-Silverfish are at the tavern, that places your arrival at least two days in the future from when Shanadar-Katerei-Yomu left Kosha. On your 'yesterday' SKY were already a day's hard travel north of Kosha, so assuming they don't turn around in the next day, it's pretty much impossible for you to arrive north of them and get to Kosha within a couple hours.

</long explanation for an answer that could be summarized as simply 'South.'>

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 13 July 2009 - 04:00 AM

#108 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

lol, I didn't know if "SKY" turned back for Kosha or if they continued north to Cademia, that's why I left it up to you. I didn't want to alter any plans you had for them. Thanks for clearing it up.

Judging from your answer I'm guessing they kept going and will bump into the other group heading to that town.

This post has been edited by Ragnar0k: 13 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#109 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

I had Silver catchup to Talos already. I wasn't sure how far ahead Talos armour is making the trail glow, so I didn't want to mess with that, (I'm assuming <100yds though.) I'm also not sure how Talos would respond to Silver, (besides the initial reflexive block) The last paragraph is more from Silver's POV, because of that.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#110 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

I understand. All your assumptions were right on point, I liked the post ^^

In fact, I was writing up a post but yours inspired me to write something better. I've scrapped the old one and I have about a page of the new on with Silver/Talos continuing on. I think I'll send you a draft before I post, just to make sure it's to your liking.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#111 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Dreaded Double-post of Doom

The most important things about my post are the implications (like several Kosha guards being alternates). I left things vague enough to shoehorn into any big plans that are cooking right now. That's the hope anyway.

This post has been edited by Ragnar0k: 13 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#112 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

I think that my post is going to have advance Selax, Wizard, Silverfish, and Talos to the next morning. I'm reluctant to do so for fear of confusing the timeline, but I'm inclined to doubt that they'd head out again in the dark.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#113 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

I'd like to wait until after iKaterei's post takes the SKY group to Cademia before I make my next. At the end of mine I'll bring the Kosha group there, a few days behind SKY, and finally reconcile the two time lines. If anyone has other plans let me know.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#114 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

Well, I'm going out of town in about five hours and won't be back until Sunday night, so the odds of a SKY post from me anytime soon are slim (not nil, but slim.) Maybe we'll get lucky and TwoJacks or visitor will show up?

In regard to my recent post I've decided to refer to Katerei's alternate simply as 'K' for the sake of clarity (although it does tie into her character as well... um, she really likes potassium?) If Silverfish decides to write an alternate, I reserve the right to call him Ag. We could get a lovely band of elements going.

#115 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

That sounds like fun! Maybe I should rethink my plans for Silver's alternate...
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#116 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

If you haven't read my newest post there will be many spoilers below.

First up: I've been wondering what the people of Alt Cythera would call our Alt characters. Definitely not heroes. So I came up with "The Dread". There are Dread alternates and Dread who have no Cythera counterparts. I imagined that a world full of villains would spawn new villains of its own. Enter Galahad. I even made up a piece of the back story for the place, the Wars of Power where the Alts fought for control of the land. I didn't name anyone else's characters so that everyone could continue doing their own thing. If you don't like the whole Dread idea we can say not everyone calls the Alts that or not all the Alts go by such a name.

Second: Rythan?! Yes, I threw in the alt for a character who isn't even on Cythera at the moment and won't appear in the TS. Hopefully others find that as interesting as I did writing it.

Third: If it isn't obvious by now I'm trying to unite the fractured time-lines. Everyone and their mom is going to Cademia. Again if someone has plans that require me to, you know, not do what I'm doing please let me know.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#117 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:37 AM

Just keep in mind that everyone else will arrive probably around day six and stuff will probably happen between then and when you guys show up. smile.gif

#118 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

I know. Unfortunately since the group left for Cademia on day 6 there was no way to get there faster than 2 days. Unless Direct Nexus could take you there, but that spell has a better chance of throwing them further in the future. No one wants that.

Anyway, I figure that by the time my group started on its way everyone else was already in Cademia or was very close. Now all that's left is to wait for a post saying, "Everyone showed up in Cademia, stuff happened, three days passed."
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#119 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Well, lilyrei is on vacation, so...

#120 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:09 AM

...so your excuse for not having posted is that I'm not here to complain about it? tongue.gif

#121 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

I'd like to post tomorrow, but I am slightly confused on the days. Is the SWST group now on day 8 outside of Cademia? What day is the SKY group on? The timeline on the front page needs to be updated.
Wizard

#122 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

The timeline on the front page was updated, as far as I can figure it out (check the GPS system too).

I can't list every single little thing or it'll be paragraphs for each day instead of a summary, so I'm only listing major events.

#123 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:37 AM

In answer to your questions, yes, it seems STWS skipped ahead two days rather quickly, so they are on day 8. SKY was last mentioned on day four, though time can probably move for them (please don't move them past day six though). KAB is waiting on lilyrei's next move before they move on to day five.

A quick note about pacing for future posts: remember when you jump forward a few days, you're essentially saying "absolutely nothing of any importance [that we want to reveal] happened during this timeframe to these characters". Its okay to do that from time to time (because sometimes nothing might actually happen), but please don't do it excessively (no jumping ahead a week all of a sudden). Notice the pacing of this slow has been somewhat slower than usual (50 posts covering two and a half days so far), which means other authors are somehow figuring out ways to fill in time and develop characters while on the road. Time skips deprive them of those opportunities.

Some phases will move more quickly than others, but overall pacing is something to keep in mind when adding in a new post.

#124 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:23 AM

Don't look at me for holding things up, I'm still hoping visitor or TwoJacks will show up to move SKY along ph34r.gif

#125 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

Selax thinks this topic has too many posts, but I wanted to show off my shiny new character art for Katerei's alternate.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users