Ambrosia Software Web Board: What is the weirdest thing that happened to you? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the weirdest thing that happened to you? In Cythera, of course

#1 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

I was just curious. For me, it'd probably be that still unsolved blob thing in LKH that was supposed to be a corpse…but that string of four straight transformations of corpses comes pretty close.

Actually, it doesn't have to be related to bugs. If you thought something in the normal gameplay was weirder than any bug you stumbled across, feel free to mention that. Like finding out how goofy and weak Scyllas were as compared to the insane ugliness and power of polyps or something like that.

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

I think you've all heard this story before, but in one game I had killed a bunch of titans, destroyed their corpses, and left the piles of meat stuck to the ground. If I ever got hungry, I'd just wander over to the titan site and pick up some raw meat which had been sitting on the ground for days - mmm, yummy.

Anywayz, one night I was just walking past the titan site, and noticed a pile of meat snoring. That's all, it was just sitting there snoring. I thought that was bizarre.

Another thing, though, is that LandKing Hall disappearing act. I'm always scared to hang out in the LKH, because it seems if I'm there for too long, everything disappears (including the exit)!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Making Kesh.

Seriously, I've never run into any of the delightful bugs that my colleagues revel in. but on my old computer sometimes the keys got jammed, & I just went running in 1 direction for long times. I was often unsure whether my keys were jammed, or I was under the influence of Terrorization.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#4 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

I think that the weirdest thing that happened to me was a bug that was caused by use of the green crystal ball in an attempt to see into Machaon's workshop. (I reproduced this several times but haven't tried it lately.)

The camera movement was somewhat jerky (if I recall correctly). I got a glimpse of the interior but it remained black on the map.

When it was done, almost all the doors in Cademia were gone along with some roofing elements (I think). It was quite odd.

Seeing a chance to level the whole city—even parts of the buildings!—I naturally embarked on killing all of its denizens...which is what I usually do when I use this bug. :P
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#5 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

The weirdest element in Cythera I think, was Ur Sylph. It always bugged me that it just sat in there the whole game, floating around. I spent way too much time in that hole trying to kill or interact with it.

The weirdest thing that ever happened to me, however, was when I was trying to pick at Magpie's conversations strong and I said something to him that made him very angry. After I closed the conversation box he proceeded to kill me off. I can't rember what I said to him (I think it was a name), and I can't seem to reproduce it.

Haha, the Catamarca theme just came on shuffle; now that's a weird song.

This post has been edited by Two Jacks: 16 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

#6 User is offline   IT 000 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

Another thing, though, is that LandKing Hall disappearing act. I'm always scared to hang out in the LKH, because it seems if I'm there for too long, everything disappears (including the exit)!

I've had that happen to me one to many times.

The weirdest guy in my opinion is Igneas. He just stands their in his corner doing nothing but talking.

I find that the weirdest thing I found when I attacked a sleeping person is that he turned into a Flying Chicken.

However, The absolute weirdest thing is that I was traveling up to Pnyx when all of the sudden Meleager dissapeared! I took steps to the shore to see him in the middle of the water.

The weirdest element in Cythera I think, was Ur Sylph.

[Big Teeth]
Experiments
--Viper Racing
Articles
--Asteroids and You

#7 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Sep 14 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

Yeah, that happens sometimes…I have no idea what triggers it, though. I haven't had it happen recently though, maybe that's just because I haven't hung around there much! :P I've even had it happen in the main Cythera once or twice…mountains and cities vanishing, but that was when I was screwing around looking for bugs…

View PostTwo Jacks, on Sep 15 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

The weirdest thing that ever happened to me, however, was when I was trying to pick at Magpie's conversations strong and I said something to him that made him very angry. After I closed the conversation box he proceeded to kill me off. I can't rember what I said to him (I think it was a name), and I can't seem to reproduce it.

o_O
Any clue at all?

View PostIT 000, on Sep 18 2008, 12:33 PM, said:

However, The absolute weirdest thing is that I was traveling up to Pnyx when all of the sudden Meleager dissapeared! I took steps to the shore to see him in the middle of the water.
[Big Teeth]

;) I've had Aethon dissapear when loading games (and once Timon), but that is really weird…Aethon and Timon never reapeared either, but I suppose I never checked the water or mountains or something…

#8 User is offline   IT 000 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

Meleager was still in my group and right by me, I might also add that the people will disappear when they take so many steps outside your view.
Experiments
--Viper Racing
Articles
--Asteroids and You

#9 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:38 AM

That's happened to me a lot. If I set my followers to retreat, and get into a battle, they'll run like anything. And if I'm anywhere near a body of water, they decide to go for a swim! o.O

View PostTwo Jacks, on Sep 15 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

That's pretty interesting! You're sure you didn't accidently attack him when you closed the conversation box or something like that?

#10 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:48 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Sep 20 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

That's happened to me a lot. If I set my followers to retreat, and get into a battle, they'll run like anything.

:P Um... isn't retreating when you tell them to not a bug? Or did I misunderstand?
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#11 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

Well no, I'm fine with them running away. But over water?

#12 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

Ah. I see it all now. Maybe fear gives them messianic powers?
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#13 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

It happens when they travel off screen. Meleager's done the same thing to me, the little poop. Wish he'd teach me how to walk across water...

#14 User is offline   IT 000 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

It happens when they travel off screen. Meleager's done the same thing to me, the little poop. Wish he'd teach me how to walk across water...

And while were at it, we can fish! :P
Experiments
--Viper Racing
Articles
--Asteroids and You

#15 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

The key to walking across water is to go so fast that you leave yourself behind :P
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#16 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

The weirdest thing that's ever happened to me in Cythera actually had to do with the music. I had been playing for quite a while when suddenly, upon direct nexusing to LKH, the sound files got messed up somehow. The computer started playing the MIDIs incorrectly, with different sounding instruments and distorted timing. Land King Hall sounded like a rock concert. . .

It was really odd, but I've never had it happen again.
Wizard

#17 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, actually, that happened to me once but not that dramatic. It just swapped the channels in really screwy ways, and since channel ten is reserved for percussion, there were some really freaky smashing and crashing sounds playing. Methinks this is just QuickTime getting confused and going nuts, but I dunno why it's so rare then…

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users