Ambrosia Software Web Board: How Recently Have You Played Cythera? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Recently Have You Played Cythera? (Just because we need some new topics)

Poll: Last time playing Cythera (11 member(s) have cast votes)

When did you last play Cythera?

1. Within the last week (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Within the last month (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Within the last three months (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. Within the last six months (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Within the last year (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. Within the last decade (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

Well, I noticed the board was low on topics and I find myself uncertain what to do about it (I have considered starting one or two hopefully funny topics, but I'm afraid that they might have to be contingent on participation [like a TS] and therefore would be ignored).

As I was reading the various topics and such, I became curious about how often we really play Cythera; hence, you may attribute this topic to desperation or some such thing ;) .

As for myself, I think that I have tinkered with some of the save files recently, probably within the last three months. As for playing the game for a purpose other than hacking, I'm not sure when I last did that...perhaps not even within the last year :P .

So, it depends on if you count messing around with various aspects of a save file.

(Note: I'm not trying to make anyone self-conscious or guilty about this. I apologize if anyone gets that feeling.)
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

The last three months.

I have a job now so my free time is usually spent hacking Ferazel or playing a console game. Me and Wizard are trying to work out my problems with the Tree of Life files so maybe that will change.

I play Cythera as often as I watch a good movie. :P

And I play Ferazel like a crack fiend.

#3 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

Well, if you count venturing around to record music as playing, then within the last week.
Wizard

#4 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

I don't really recall the last time I had a serious session of Cythera. I know for certain I don't play as often as I should, given that I post on this forum so much, but my sharp memory keeps me from enjoying replaying the game as much as I would like. Oh well.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#5 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

Looks like it's a tie between within the last month and within the last three months. Even though there are only 6 votes, that's not too bad.
Wizard

#6 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

I'd been playing a little recently, though I was mostly running around killing things to see if I could add some more exp points to my character.

I had wanted to try the save file hacking thing, but I am most certainly not a hacker and therefore I am completely lost when it comes to that, though I desperately would love to learn.

I did just swing by the add ons page the other day and looked through all the nice goodies up there and I'm thinking of transferring them to the mac and trying them out. [I use a PC, but I have this old imac that we got in 2000 that is pretty obsolete at the moment and doesn't even have internet. I use this mac for the sole purpose of playing Cythera. Isn't that something? *hXc Cythera nerd* ;) ]

I've been planning on starting the game over and trying out all the different classes, though I doubt there would be much difference to the game play. It would just be something to do for the sake of doing it.

I just get a little depressed sometimes though knowing I can never truly beat the game. [that damn wine contract and the vineyard!...among other things]
I wish the creators had completed it, but at the same time it's kind of neat that there's these secret little places to find and neat things to do by hacking...of course, as I stated before, I have trouble with these things >.<

ramble ramble ramble

this topic reminded me that I should get back to it
despite the incompletion, I love this game like crazy
I think I'll play some today actually :P

#7 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:16 AM

Last month.

I've actually played Cythera more recently than I visited these forums. I'm completing my sixteenth full gameplay, which I started a year ago or something, just for the heck of it.

Now who voted for in the last decade? :P

#8 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:28 AM

That was me. :P

I actually haven't had a very classic friendly computer in a couple of years (I'm on an intel machine now). I was going to try Sheepsaver at one point, but I couldn't figure out how to get it working (the guides everybody linked me to ended up being broken links) and it looked like an incredible pain to blunder around just to get a simple OS 9 rom working for a handful of games.

A Cythera X would likely change my vote though, since there are some things in the game I wanted to be able to do for the sake of saying I've done them, but never got around to.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#9 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Try to catch Wizard on irc and badger him into telling you how to setup Sheepshaver. If it doesn't work, ban him!

(I could try to explain it myself, but I haven't looked at the setup since I got it working in the first place. Besides, it's easier to make Wizzy do it.)

Muse:
I'd be willing to try and help you with the hacking aspect of the game (although I can't promise any results), if I ever have time again and am able to visit irc more often.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#10 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:18 AM

View PostAvatara, on Sep 15 2008, 03:28 AM, said:

I actually haven't had a very classic friendly computer in a couple of years (I'm on an intel machine now). I was going to try Sheepsaver at one point, but I couldn't figure out how to get it working (the guides everybody linked me to ended up being broken links) and it looked like an incredible pain to blunder around just to get a simple OS 9 rom working for a handful of games.

The tutorial that you updated the link to (http://www.redundant...haver-tutorial/) once had a fully bootable disk image running OS 9 available for download. That part of his site appears to be missing. . . Sorry. :P

But you can find ROMs and other systems and such from that tutorial! If you ever work up the energy to take another stab at it, I'll work up the energy to try to help in any way I can.
Wizard

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users