• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Order of the Pure Part 3

#1 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

OOC: Double the druid, but small Talryn. I threw in the last 'third' to avoid more comments about part 3 being short again. 1113 words, so bite me ;). All three parts so far are: 2439 words long, who is short now? :P
Enjoy,
-Dark
BIC:

Slowly, each order traveled to the Mountain of Stellar Winds. The Order of the Pure was the first to arrive. The massive amount of Doves that landed was still a sight to watch with awe. Then came the Storm Crows, Eagles and Hawks. By the end of the day, all of the still newly formed Orders had been called to the Mountain and gathered together to hear the news from the council.

As the sun was setting behind the Mountain of Stellar Winds, the council told the druid what was going on and why all of the orders had been called to one spot. They also announced that sparring and training that would refine their skills would begin tomorrow morning at dawn.

As the sun crept over the trees of the surrounding forests and mountains, the huge encampment sprung to life. Since each Order was so big, they divided up into more reasonable groups. One third of the groups went and started to spar first, the next third went off to refine their skills, and the last third stayed to clean up the encampment and to prepare some food for the midday meal.

As the days went by, the group would change its task, so that everyone could practice the skills that they’ve learned, heal from any sparring wounds, and rest their sore muscles.

--

Talryn bent down and picked up what appeared to be a spear or weathered down staff and twirled it. “So, is this the place?” Thomas asked while setting down his pack and observing some nearby remains. Etiko glanced up into the sky and pointed to the dark clouds that seemed to endlessly swirl around.

“Yes, it feels like I belong here…” Talryn spoke as he took of his pack as well. “Why not set up the camp inside the cave, that way we can easily retreat to the void if we ever need to and that we can receive aid from the void faster.” Talryn glanced back at Etiko as she took off her pack as well, and she seemed to glare at him. “What?”

“That there, it almost sounded like you where planning for something and that you hadn’t lost your memory.” Talryn shrugged and dragged the three packs into the entrance of the cave. He set about raising the tents and making camp while Etiko scouted the immediate area.

Thomas glanced at Talryn, while helping to set up one of the tents, “So you remember nothing from before the tunnel?” Talryn lifted the other side of the canvas and pulled it over the supports.

“No, a few flashes here and there but nothing coherent…” Etiko entered the cave a moment later and brought in what looked like a long bone and a shorter bent bone. She set them down and the shrugged as if there was nothing that was of danger or no real reason why she brought those two bones.

Talryn stood up, “Well, I’ll see you in the morning.” With that, he turned around and walked into one of the tents he set up that had his pack. He tied the canvas closed and laid out his bedroll. He left his clothes on and lay down, looking up. His thoughts wondered till he eventually closed his eyes and began the nightmare…

--

The Chimera’s ambassador stepped through the portal and summoned the council. The druids waited patiently while the council was meeting. A few orders had been working on a new type of weapon that would help the druids and one of them carried over something that was wrapped up.

“…in one hour he will attack,” finished the Ambassador as Kelar arrived. Everyone nodded then directed their attention to him.

Kelar stepped forward and lay down the bundle. “Council, the weapons have been created.” He unwrapped the bundle and what appeared to just be bones of varying sizes and shapes lay their. Before the council members could speak, Kelar bent down and picked up a fairly straight bone and held it in view of the entire council.

The moment Kelar had touched the bone, it began to change, a few seconds later the bone was no more. Instead Kelar appeared to be holding a spear. He demonstrated with the other bones and nodded. One of the council members spoke up after the presentation, “What difference is this than any other spear, sword, or hand held weapon that we already have?”

Kelar just set down the sword that he was holding and the sword reverted to the bone. He then handed the same sword to the ambassador. It transformed back into a bone as it left Kelar’s hand. “No one but us druids can wield these weapons. When a druid falls in combat, and if he is raised to join the opposing force’s army, they cannot use the weapon against us. And Ambassador, could I have the honor of an private audience with you?”

The Ambassador nodded, and the council set about distributing the weapons and placing the order’s into something more than just a gigantic block. As Kelar and the ambassador walked away, Kelar spoke first, “Sir, I have an idea should the druids fall. It would be like fighting fire with fire though.”

“Very well, continue.”

“Well sir, I’ve been thinking about if we are to fall, what would happen to this world? A young druid among us has the potential to use magic beyond our simple druidic spells. What would the evil do to this land, from your experience?”

“Probably kill anything that moves and make this into another stronghold.”

“What if we cursed or enchanted the land, so that it would raise the fallen druids? Hold on sir, let me finish. This young druid, if assisted by you could probably make an enchantment that the evil could not break. Anyone not a friend of the druids that stepped through the void would cause this curse/enchantment to reactivate. The fallen druids would rise and push them back.”

“But if they are just undead, what is to stop them from just being ‘killed’ then raised by the ‘evil’?”
“This is where you come in sir. You have at least some power or knowledge given to you by the Chimera, correct?” The two had stopped walking and the Ambassador nodded his head yes. “You could help with the spell and make it so that once we fall, we rise again. So, we would become a never-ending army so to speak. ”

“But you would be limited to this side of the void…”

“Even if I die, I do not want to see this land destroyed. I would fight an eternity to keep it alive…”

old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#2 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

more! must have more!!! :P

I can't say that it's perfect, but I can't think of anything wrong with it either. I like it!
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#3 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

Just the addicted reaction i wanted :P
old - new

iKaterei said:

#4 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

Must... have... more...
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#5 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

View PostDark Jet, on Jan 28 2007, 07:31 AM, said:

I threw in the last 'third' to avoid more comments about part 3 being short again. 1113 words, so bite me ;). All three parts so far are: 2439 words long, who is short now? :P

New Horizons Part III, alone, was almost 19,000 words, so you've got a way to go yet. B)
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#6 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:08 AM

View Postcache22, on Jan 27 2007, 04:34 PM, said:

New Horizons Part III, alone, was almost 19,000 words, so you've got a way to go yet. ;)

Im only about 17,000 words off, its a start :P
old - new

iKaterei said:

#7 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Well guess what? I'm only 15,000 off!
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#8 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

A nice addition to your chron, Dark Jet, although I might note one or two things (concerning my characters really, not any criticism of your work): first, the DK might just destroy the planet (realities are only made strongholds if it helps in the way, otherwise they are just left empty and dead), would the noble Chimaera help in such a project, and wouldn't powers exist that could break the spell?
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#9 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:34 AM

View PostSelax, on Jan 28 2007, 10:16 PM, said:

A nice addition to your chron, Dark Jet, although I might note one or two things (concerning my characters really, not any criticism of your work): first, the DK might just destroy the planet (realities are only made strongholds if it helps in the way, otherwise they are just left empty and dead), would the noble Chimaera help in such a project, and wouldn't powers exist that could break the spell?

Sorry to take so long to reply but here is what i've thought up.

This reality is postioned to the point where it would help assualting the Chimera strategically. Either that or he has another reality from which to mass troops through, and therefore being able to attack more realities at the same time. Remember, its the beginning of the war so :P

And the enchanment is woven into the fabric of this reality and in a way tied to the void. Because of the reality's strategic advantage and it is early into the war, the DK decides to just leave it a barren world and will come back at another time to either destroy it or bring it under his control...

That help?

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users