Ambrosia Software Web Board: TS Character Killing Service - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TS Character Killing Service "Characticide" performed by Selax

#51 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

View PostSelax, on Mar 8 2007, 05:06 PM, said:

Certainly, although I don't know if I'll be able to reply much except for in the evenings. (Actually, we could use it to setup the assassin strikes if they are to be included in a next TS, and it's similar to an idea that came to me yesterday about a conversation between Seralcard and the NL.)
Speaking of the NL, I've decided on a possible revision route: a shapeshifter with some use of illusion magic, making him hard to see without the right people or the right circumstances.

Ohhhh, that all sounds pretty cool :P

I didn't realize you were writing this, when I saw you online I started writing a PM to you with the first part of the game, so the next time you check your PMs that's what will greet you.

I think I like this shapeshifter idea you have, but I must hear more before I can sing the praises of its awesomeness. Is it a kind of chameleon ability? Yea, I know shapeshifting and camoflague are very different routes to take for the same result but the thought of an assassin in active camoflague (Halo anyone?) struck me as several types of cool. He wouldn't be completely invisible, so someone who is alert or has very good eyes could see him and defend themselves, but he would have the ability to sneak in somewhere silently and believably take out a hero character. And all the while he wouldn't be overpowered, double bonus ^^

And a meeting between Seralcard and NL seems very very interesting, you must tell me more of this as well, via PM, because my brain is going into overdrive from the possibilities held within this chron I still write. 30 hand written pages 0.o (only 10 typed, but still this thing is only starting up, it's great).
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#52 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 8 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

I think I like this shapeshifter idea you have, but I must hear more before I can sing the praises of its awesomeness. Is it a kind of chameleon ability? Yea, I know shapeshifting and camoflague are very different routes to take for the same result but the thought of an assassin in active camoflague (Halo anyone?) struck me as several types of cool. He wouldn't be completely invisible, so someone who is alert or has very good eyes could see him and defend themselves, but he would have the ability to sneak in somewhere silently and believably take out a hero character. And all the while he wouldn't be overpowered, double bonus ^^

And a meeting between Seralcard and NL seems very very interesting, you must tell me more of this as well, via PM, because my brain is going into overdrive from the possibilities held within this chron I still write. 30 hand written pages 0.o (only 10 typed, but still this thing is only starting up, it's great).

Indeed, I think it does involve chameleon-like abilities. In combination of these, it's very hard to see him inside or outside, unless the sun is out or one has Elvish eyes (which I think might only increase the chance of seeing him or piercing his disguise rather than make it certain because he'd be in trouble then). (There's also telepathy to factor into this.)

I think that whatever he shapeshifts into must be of equal mass, so he can follow people as a bird but he won't be small. To explain his teleportation (since it's been said in other things that he does so), the explanation could be that he fakes it using illusions to give enemies more difficulty in countering him.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#53 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:12 AM

Could it work for him to have used a scroll in those instances? And he decided that it wasn't reliable enough. (Though why he would have skipped research, I don't know. Probably a family heirloom.)
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#54 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Note: I think that I'll edit this later and put a list of the revised NL's abilities and see if they pass inspection.

EDIT:

This isn't all finalized yet, but here's the basics. (Ragnar0k, please correct me if I forget anything.)

Shafeshifting has been dropped. Instead, the NL uses a combination of a chameleon-like ability and some simple illusion magic (some tricks with sight and sound) to be virtually invisible (depending on conditions, such as the area and the strength of a person's mind). Indoors, it's much easier for him to do this and works fairly well (although he must move very slowly or dodge more dangerous people), but outdoors, if the sun is out, it is much easier for everyone to see him. (Consequently, he tends to avoid wide-open spaces if the sun is out.) The eyes of certain races, the strong-minded, or telepaths have a much greater chance of detecting him. He also has rudimentary disguise ability, although not very extensive.

Two others possibilities that arose during an irc conversation are that he be athletic and able to a very-limited extent trick weaker minds. This is contingent upon close proximity and direct eye contact. (An example of this is him grabbing a guard, looking into the man's eyes, and making him sleep without remembering what put him to sleep.) I decided that I'd like to pitch these before a larger audience to decide if they are not acceptable for this character.

Note:
Some changes were made to the above on irc. The NL seems to have passed inspection, although I suspect some changes will still need to be made.

This post has been edited by Selax: 14 March 2007 - 02:25 AM

Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users