Ambrosia Software Web Board: TS Character Killing Service - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TS Character Killing Service "Characticide" performed by Selax

#26 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

You may, although I'd appreciate a chance to run over the part with him to make sure he stays in character if it is not inconvenient. :P
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#27 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

his friends call him the Nexus Lord to please him, but they really think of him as the Deadly Nexus Fool. It is rumored that his mother named him Eric. Why he switched to using a dagger, instead of the Punjab Lasso is a mystery, never fully explained. Though it is known to have happened at about the time that he broke up with his bride-to-be. Since then his singing voice has declined substantially, but he is still probably the best singer that regularly visits Cythera.

hehehehehe ;)

I don't mean to interfere with your character, I just thought it was funny. :P
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#28 User is offline   cgends 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

Bring out yer'dead [gong, gong].

#29 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

View PostSelax, on Jan 12 2007, 06:46 PM, said:

You may, although I'd appreciate a chance to run over the part with him to make sure he stays in character if it is not inconvenient. :P

I'm using the idea of him as a hired assassin - he doesn't actually feature, and we never see him, but he is essential. He's being hired by (someone) to murder (a lot of important people) as the basis to my story. I don't want to tell you any more. You'll just have to wait! Muahahaha!
I hope to have it finished and posted by the 30th, as I am on holiday for a large piece of the time.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#30 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

Out of curiosity, does the Nexus Lord seem better balanced now? If not, what should be changed about him?

Selax

#31 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

View Postcache22, on Jan 11 2007, 06:16 PM, said:

Actually, overall, I thought that post was fairly well balanced. Talryn managed to defeat an extremely powerful foe, but the cost was enormous - he lost himself. There's a very nice symmetry to that.

Thank You.

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#32 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

I have finished the first two parts of my chron. Should I put them up now and make everyone wait for the next installment, or finish the whole thing and then put it up?
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#33 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

Up to you. I've sometimes found that later parts of my chrons travel in directions that make me wish I could go back and edit the earlier chapters, to set things up better; but as long as you don't think you'll want to change anything, I'd say go for it.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#34 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:06 AM

Ummm... I think I'll play it safe for my first chron. I will try to get it finished before the 18th, so I can post it immediately I finish. It looks like it will be a very, very long one. I have probably 1000 words already, and I've barely started.

#35 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

I look forward to it. Let us know the wordcount when you're done. ;)

I hit 1365 on mine, yesterday, and I'm just out of the intro and into the story proper. :P

This post has been edited by cache22: 14 January 2007 - 03:32 AM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#36 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:28 AM

My fighter is funny. He gets drunk often, and tends to sulk.

#37 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

Partly in an effort to get this back on topic, I ask again: does the Nexus Lord require further balancing?

Selax

#38 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

I suspect you've done all you can, for now. Anything more should probably be done in posts. Oh, one thought - it might be a good idea to show him failing to get his target occasionally, to appear less dangerous.

#39 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

I nominate Silverfish as a Failure for the Nexus Lord
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#40 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Against a group who knows he is about, he is actually not much of a threat; he prefers to wait and try to catch people off-guard. Considering his lack of precision with his teleportation, there is really a high chance of his failing to kill his target, so he will be shown to fail at times. Does this mean he is okay to appear in the Tavern (well, in Tavern posts) and such?

Does anyone have any character in the archive who aren't quite dead that they would like to have exterminated?

Selax

#41 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

I think that I'll go ahead and bump this because I'm considering making some changes to the NL and this is as good a place as any to ask for suggestions.

Selax

#42 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:43 AM

I may or may not have a wee job for you soonish. Depends on how the TS turns out.

#43 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Thank you, CrazyChick, I look forward to the possibility.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the NL?

Selax

#44 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:08 AM

View PostSelax, on Mar 2 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the NL?

Why don't you give his character a complete overhaul, and we'll see if we like him.
Wizard

#45 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

I might, if I got any suggestions on which way to take the overhaul...

Note: that was a not so subtle hint. :P

This post has been edited by Selax: 03 March 2007 - 03:18 AM

Selax

#46 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:31 AM

I'm thinking towards the "delete" end. :P
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#47 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

View PostAvatara, on Mar 3 2007, 05:31 AM, said:

I'm thinking towards the "delete" end. ;)

Oh that was mean, burn.

*ahem*

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to suggest because I didn't want to tell you to change the character too much, but if you are willing to do that then there is probably a bit I could offer here.

The first thing that -could- be changed is the teleporting, not because a lot of the writers think it is overpowered, but because from the point of view of the characters NL is the only one who could do it and the last thing an assassin should want is to have his work readily identified, he is a professional, not a serial killer. He should be mysterious so when he kills someone there should be a ton of possible suspects, and none of those should be him. So what do I suggest instead of teleporting? Illusion magic, if you want him to have a power at all illusion should be the way to go.

What else? Skill. To appear formidable without being overpowered he has to have the appearance of being highly skilled. How you do that exactly will depend on the kill and your own writing style. He shouldn't be stronger or faster than a normal human (or whatever his race is), though he could be very athletic if you want. Without teleportation something magics me think NL would be a great acrobat, very ninja-like, prince of persia style.

Anyway I'm out of time and now I have to run. Look forward to my next Seralcard Chron when I get back :P.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#48 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 3 2007, 12:38 PM, said:

The first thing that -could- be changed is the teleporting, not because a lot of the writers think it is overpowered, but because from the point of view of the characters NL is the only one who could do it and the last thing an assassin should want is to have his work readily identified, he is a professional, not a serial killer. He should be mysterious so when he kills someone there should be a ton of possible suspects, and none of those should be him. So what do I suggest instead of teleporting? Illusion magic, if you want him to have a power at all illusion should be the way to go.

What else? Skill. To appear formidable without being overpowered he has to have the appearance of being highly skilled. How you do that exactly will depend on the kill and your own writing style. He shouldn't be stronger or faster than a normal human (or whatever his race is), though he could be very athletic if you want. Without teleportation something magics me think NL would be a great acrobat, very ninja-like, prince of persia style.

Well, the NL is, I think, intended to be somewhat identifiable (as some assassins are proud of being); illusion magic is a good idea and a strong possibility. Thanks, I hadn't thought of it. (I had thought of a shapeshifter with chameleon-like abilities.)

Hmm, I could do something like the Shadow...

Skill is one of the things that I have problems with on this character: I don't know how to write a skilled assassin or good security for him to beat or realistic ways of doing so. Hence, I tend to take shortcuts, like teleportation. It is, perhaps, in this area that I primarily need help.

Thanks for your input. :P

Selax

#49 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

View PostSelax, on Mar 8 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

Well, the NL is, I think, intended to be somewhat identifiable

You make a good point there.

Skill is one of the things that I have problems with on this character: I don't know how to write a skilled assassin or good security for him to beat or realistic ways of doing so. Hence, I tend to take shortcuts, like teleportation. It is, perhaps, in this area that I primarily need help.

Thanks for your input. :P

Hmmm... This is something that requires a little practice I think, I can't just tell you "Sneaking passed guards is skillful" because I do not think that would be helpful to you at all. Whether I have done Seralcard well is something I will let you decide, however I have written him like that as a result of reading certain books, playing games, and watching movies. I've taken things I am already familiar with and adapted them to a character.

My suggestion to you then is to practice by doing the same, and to get you that practice we could play a little game via PM if you are up for it.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#50 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:06 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 8 2007, 07:15 AM, said:

My suggestion to you then is to practice by doing the same, and to get you that practice we could play a little game via PM if you are up for it.

Certainly, although I don't know if I'll be able to reply much except for in the evenings. (Actually, we could use it to setup the assassin strikes if they are to be included in a next TS, and it's similar to an idea that came to me yesterday about a conversation between Seralcard and the NL.)

Speaking of the NL, I've decided on a possible revision route: a shapeshifter with some use of illusion magic, making him hard to see without the right people or the right circumstances.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users