Ambrosia Software Web Board: Tale of the Flax Farm - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tale of the Flax Farm Inspired by: Tales of Bellerophon

#1 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

"Grampa, tell us about the time you met the Hero. You promised you would!"

"Oh. Well did I?... Must have forgotten."

"Grampa! You know your memory isn't THAT bad!"

"Fine, if you insist... Are you sure you don't want to wait 'til tomorrow?"

"YES! We're SURE that you'd better tell it RIGHT NOW!"

"*grumble, mumble, grumble* Long, long ago, when I was knee-high to a ratlizard, I met the Hero....

Asteropaeus stood near the edge of his father's field, smelling the air like an experienced farmer would. Although he was still unexperienced, he could detect the unseasonable salty smell of autumn air. At least the weather was good for the flax, his father'd said so. But it wasn't normal, and that was bad. A couple of strangers turned off the main road, and approached the farm. Aster ran off to report the news to his father.

A few minutes later, the strangers approached. "Good day, sir." Greeted the leader, "What is your name, and what is your business? I seek knowledge of these lands."

"Pelops is my name, and I'm a Flax Farmer. I could sell you a bale of quality flax for a mere seven oboloi."

The conversation went on into politics, and other things that Aster didn't know or care about. Eventually the strangers went on to the house, and his father called him over. "Aster my boy, this may be one of the most important days of your life. If that man can't solve Cythera's problems, no one can!"

A few minutes later the strangers emerged from the house, loaded with cheeses. Pelops laughed, "You've got to like a man who appreciates your wife's cheese as much as you do!"

A few days later, while Aster was taking a nap on the flax bales behind the house, he heard a loud noise approaching the house. He quickly scrambled down, and peeked around the corner of the house. A party was approaching the house! Aster ran inside to warn his mother that a possibly dangerous band of men was approaching the house, but when they got closer he saw that the leader of the band was the same man who had bought cheese a few days ago. But the party had grown from two to five members, and two of them seemed to be arguing about something.

It was getting late, and the people stood around and talked while their leader was sleeping on one of the beds. Then Asteropaeus had to go to bed, and when he woke up the next afternoon; the salt smell was out of the air, and everyone was planning a celebration.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#2 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

Nice chron, Jehezekel. :P
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#3 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

Please sir, can I have some more? :P I think you should expand it a bit more. I'm kinda left hanging, wanting to know what happens next. Nice one!
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#4 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

What happens next? Well, I suppose they had their party. Eventually Asteropaeus found a pretty girl, got married, they had children, their children grew up, and had children of their own, and his grandchildren loved bugging him to tell the story!
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#5 User is offline   Turak 

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:26 AM

Hi jehezekel ( how do you pronounce that anyway?)

It's a very good start of a story but write more and actually you could have the grandmother tell about the things you did on this game. And maybe if i can get around to it i'll help you ok. But don't get your hopes up i'm only a ten year old.

Bye

( edited for spelling )

This post has been edited by Turak: 07 February 2007 - 03:29 AM

#6 User is offline   Zacha Pedro 

• Tinkerer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

nt (coverup :P)
Tinkering with Ambrosia games since 1998:
Maelstrom - EVs - EV: Nova - Harry - Apeiron X - SF4kA

Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha forum moderator