Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 3 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 3

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

*OoC*
I'm going to see if the way of describing fights that I mentioned last time will work well again. This installment might be shorter than the others. EDIT: I made it a little longer.
*BiC*

5,000 years after the events of Cythera...

As he was turning away from the glass that held the Alraeician Tavern, Selax caught a blur of movement behind him reflected in the glass. Completing his turn, he saw a large desk hurtling at him with terrific speed. Selax ducked, bending so far over backward that his head touched the floor. However, this action broke him out of his shapeshifted disguise. As he stood back up, his form wavered and reverted to his default. The desk smashed through the glass behind him and went through part of the wall of the Tavern.

Someone screamed. Then, lots of someones screamed. Then, lots of people began to panic and run around every which way. Someone was screaming for security. (Unknown to them, most of the security guards had rushed up to the fortieth floor and would now have to come clear back down.)

His attempt to strike Selax with the desk having failed, Detharon dropped his invisibility spell. It was this that inspired the greater level of panic in the room.

Selax picked up a gumball machine that was sitting near the wall next to him and threw it at Detharon, who sneered and knocked it away from him.

Detharon raised hands and sent a bolt of magic at Selax. Tomsan, with impeccable timing, jumped in from the side and blocked the bolt.

Detharon charged at Tomsan, roaring in fury...

Quite unexpectedly, Tomsan dropped onto his back and blocked Detharon's blows with his swords as he charged, tripping Detharon and using his momentum to send him flying toward the Tavern. Selax tried to slash at his side as he went by but missed. Detharon flew into the Tavern and smashed into one of its support beams. In an instant, Selax and Tomsan followed him in.

Selax grabbed several of the chairs and hurled them at Detharon...

Detharon knocked them aside and hurled a table at Selax...

Selax dodged, and Tomsan ran his sword straight at Detharon...

Detharon parried and hit Tomsan in the chin, sending him flying into the wall...

Selax leapt at Detharon's side, bringing one of his swords down and the other up...

Detharon blocked both blows and slashed at Selax with his right hand...

Selax parried but was sent flying over the counter in the back of the room...

Tomsan ripped one of the support beams out of the wall and hurled it at Detharon...

It missed and Detharon charged...

Selax threw one of the tables in his path and he tripped falling against another of the supports...

Tomsan and Selax charged...

Detharon rose and knocked Selax away again...

Tomsan struck Detharon and sent him staggering backward into the support which gave way...

Detharon regained his balance and went on the offensive...

Selax came down from above him and almost ran his sword through Detharon's face...

Selax landed beside Tomsan and both charged...

Selax attacked fiercely on Detharon's right while Tomsan battered at his left, forcing him back...

Selax leapt up on top of the counter and began to rain down on blows on Detharon...

Detharon slashed through the counter which began to collapse...

Selax being able to fly remained right where he was until Detharon almost tore him in two...

Tomsan pressed Detharon back toward Selax...

Selax turned upside down and "stood" on the ceiling above Detharon, twirling his swords like fans putting constant pressure on Detharon to defend his head...

Tomsan capitalized on this by kicking Detharon hard in the ankle, sending him crashing to floor...

This might have ended the fight, but Detharon was no longer in immediate range of Selax's attacks and was able to regain his feet as Selax shot down toward him...

Selax almost skewered himself on Detharon's talons but managed to use the momentum from parrying Detharon's strike to send himself to a safe distance. He charged Detharon's back...

Tomsan launched a series of quick attacks, forcing Detharon back toward Selax...

Detharon, at the last moment, managed to grab a table and throw it into Selax's face...

Selax barely managed to move out of the way to avoid hitting the table head on. He grabbed another table and brought it down on Detharon's head, staggering him...

Tomsan moved in for a strike, but Detharon's flailing fist hit him and sent him flying through several more tables and chairs...

Selax and Tomsan both leapt at Detharon at the same time...

They met him hard enough to begin forcing him back again...

In the course of this melee, tables, support beams, and chairs were again hurled as missiles. Due to the sharpness and enchanted nature of the weapons involved, anything wooden in the Tavern was slashed to pieces. Talons met swords again and again; attacks went through tables, chairs, or whatever was in their way; punches and kicks were traded frequently; and defenses or wild parries sent any of the various combatants into some part of the Tavern. Again, the battle covered every inch of the battleground (in this case the Tavern), but this time it was clear that Selax and Tomsan had the advantage.

Detharon sent another bolt of magic at them...

Tomsan deflected it and it smashed through the ceiling and the glass enclosure outside...

Detharon snarled, grabbed another one of the supports, and smashed it into Tomsan's face...

He turned to Selax...

Selax actually smiled slightly and then ran his swords through one of the supports that he had been standing next to. Then, he darted through the hole in the ceiling, followed by Tomsan...

Detharon didn't realize what their plan was until moments later when...
the Alraeician Tavern, falling for the first time in 3,000 yrs., fell on his head.

Tomsan and Selax landed outside next to the rear wall of the building that they were in (the headquarters of The Alraeician Tavern, Inc.), which was located just behind the Tavern (enclosed in the larger building). The security guards had at last begun to arrive, but a wave of Tomsan's hand put them all to sleep.

Detharon rose up out of the ruins of the Tavern with a roar that shook the building. He charged both of them. Behind him, the magic that held the Tavern together had already begun to repair it.

This time the three met with such force that they went through the back wall of the building and onto the ridge behind the building. Detharon was attacking with such fury that he actually managed to force Tomsan and Selax almost to top of the ridge. Here, they were able to regain the offensive. Detharon snarled and flipped over them, but they followed and landed on top of the ridge.

Here, they found that they had come into a very bad combat zone.

They now found themselves right in the middle of Cythera's busiest highway...

This post has been edited by Selax: 28 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

Well, I still like the fight scenes. Nice job on the third installment Selax, I cannot wait to read the next one.
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Thanks again, Half Truth.

Selax

#4 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:38 AM

I liked what you've written and am looking forward to reading the rest. However, I found the fight scenes to be, at times, a little long.

Keep up the good work :P.

[edit] I wonder if there are robotic Titans in the future of Cythera... [/edit]

This post has been edited by dusk: 24 September 2006 - 02:39 AM

“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

I liked what you've written and am looking forward to reading the rest. However, I found the fight scenes to be, at times, a little long.

This is the problem with writing a chronicle about single fight. I am not certain what to do about it; I've thought about doing chapters that show what the fight so far has looked like to the common Cytherans. For today, I think I'll go with the long fight scene, which I hope will be more interesting because of their new battle ground.

[edit] I wonder if there are robotic Titans in the future of Cythera... [/edit]

Um, I hadn't thought about it actually. If, however, I find that a lot of people support this notion, I'll consider including it :P .

Thanks again.

This post has been edited by Selax: 28 September 2006 - 08:45 PM

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users