Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 2 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 2

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

*OoC*
In part of this, I will be experimenting with a form of writing that I have seen used to describe fight scenes in another story. I'm not certain how effective it will be, but I hope that you'll be able to spot it and tell me if it is any good. Again, I will make random references to various TS characters; if you don't like the way that your character is referenced, please let me know.
*BiC*

5,000 years after the events of Cythera...

It was an ordinary day in the headquarters of the cooperation The Alraeician Tavern, Inc., the largest chain of taverns, inns, and hotels in Cythera.

Then, there came the shrill wail of the security alarm. On one of the security stations on the fortieth floor, the guards looked at each wearily. The alarm had been malfunctioning for days, going off at almost random times. Still, they were paid to respond to the alarm and, even if it meant a lot useless running around for the fourth time in one week, they would.

"Look at this! The system claims there's an intrusion of the forty-second floor! Why don't they just replace this thing," one of them grumbled.

At last, two security guards were dispatched to investigate the disturbance. The employees were all off for lunch, so all of the cubicles were empty for the present. After several minutes, they rounded the last corner the last cubicle divider and stepped out in the corridor that led to the office that had supposedly been breached. They expected to see nothing; they were quite wrong.

For a moment, they stopped and gaped in disbelief. The door to the office had slashed to pieces. The walls were perforated and through the ruined door they saw that the office had been totaled, even its floor and ceiling heavily damaged.

It was that moment that cost them their lives. It was that, the special padding put in the cubicles to muffle sounds so that the employees wouldn't be disturbed, and their inattentiveness.

Before they could sound the alarm or really even move, the cubicle divider to their left was torn open and raking talons went through both of them.

They were dead before could even realize it.

Detharon straightened and turned to face the two beings who emerged from the hole that he had ripped open. They lunged and he moved to meet them.

Selax and Tomsan parted and came at him from two different sides. The sounds metal on metal echoed through the hallway and sparks flew from the contact of swords and talons. Selax battered hard on Detharon's right, while Tomsan hammered at his left. Detharon threw himself backward through the divider behind him and landed on the office desk.

Tomsan threw a burst of magic not at Detharon but at the desk. It collapsed and Detharon fell...

Selax jumped at him, bringing both of his swords down on his head...

Detharon regained his balance and blocked...

Selax kicked out hitting Detharon's hands, sending him staggering...

Tomsan charged at Detharon...

Detharon recovered and managed to catch Selax with a backhand that sent him flying over the top of the divider...

Tomsan's blade met Detharon's parry and for an instant the two stood, exchanging blows in a blur...

Selax ripped through the divider behind Detharon, hurled one of the office computers (the brand on it indicating that it was made by Medoc Computers) at him, and charged at his back...

Detharon blocked the computer and batted at Selax. He missed and then he ripped through the divider to the side and entered another cubicle.

For an instant, all three paused. Selax and Tomsan looked at Detharon, and he looked at them. His eyes burned hatred.

He roared and unleashed a magical burst. Tomsan blocked and the fight resumed, moving through cubicle after cubicle. Dividers became momentary barriers; desks became momentary cover; chairs, computers, other office equipment, and debris became missiles that were hurled about almost indiscriminately. There was hardly any part of floor or ceiling that was not almost destroyed by the violent battle that raged all around that office area.

Selax got batted down a hallway, but Tomsan got in a good punch Detharon's jaw that staggered him.

Selax charged at Detharon's back, and Tomsan charged him in a frontal attack...

For several minutes, they stood and fought this way again. The combination of three swords and multiple talons caused it to seem that a wall of metal had formed around Detharon.

However, the floor could only take so much and gave way beneath them. They fell into a part of the building that was being remodeled. This in no way would have hampered their battle, except for the fact that they landed in a mass of security guards. They had at last realized that all was not well and had been on their way up to investigate.

For a moment, they stood stunned, but, then quite foolishly, one opened fire...

Detharon waved his hand, and all fell over dead...

That gesture left him exposed for the moment that it took Tomsan to land a solid kick on his jaw that sent him tumbling down an open elevator shaft at the end of the lobby. However, as he flew through the air, his foot managed to catch Tomsan in a kick of his own. Detharon's kick sent Tomsan down another open elevator shaft nearby. Selax was about to follow Tomsan when more security entered the floor.

"Freeze!" one of the them yelled.

Selax didn't; instead he dived into one of the open ventilation shafts nearby. He shot down until he reached the ground floor, where he guessed that the fight would now resume. Peering out of the shaft, he got a good idea of the kind of disguise that would be appropriate. Total shapeshifting (that is completely changing his appearance) was very difficult to do and maintain, making it almost useless in combat. Shapeshifting was still useful in combat but not as useful as it sounded. It was however useful when one was trying to sneak around, although some could see through it. (Because of the difficulty, Selax usually only took a rough form while in disguise; sometimes, he would take much more detailed forms but could still be detected by some.) (Invisibility was basically useless in combat: Selax had to move really slowly or he produced a large series of obvious ripples. It was a skill only useful for sneaking around and even then at slow speeds.)

Selax stepped out and began to make his way around the floor, trying to find Tomsan before Detharon found him. He briefly debated hiding on the floor above this one until the fight resumed but dismissed the idea. Detharon might find him there, and Selax couldn't fight him alone. No, he had to find Tomsan and the only way to do that was to be here where Tomsan would be.

He rounded a corner and came face-to-face with a large glass enclosure. Inside was a familiar building—the original Alraeician Tavern, still intact after five thousand years (which to Selax was a very short time but to others was quite long. A large sign read: This is the original Alraeician Tavern. It has been preserved for over five thousand years by the magic that was put in to repair it in case of damage. Soon after its creation, the Tavern was knocked down so often that powerful spells were put in place to repair it in case of damage. We are proud to say that it has not fallen down for over three thousand years!

Selax stood there for a moment and then shook his head. Three thousand years was really quite a short time to him, but to these mortals he knew it that was considered a long span of time. He almost felt sorry for them: for some reason, he didn't think that their record would survive much longer...

This post has been edited by Selax: 21 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

I liked it Selax, the fight scenes were a bit easier to follow as to what exactly was happening to some of the others that you have written. Good job, cannot wait to read the next installment.
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

Thank you for the compliments. I hope that I will be able to get the next installment up next week.

Selax

#4 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

View PostSelax, on Sep 15 2006, 12:31 PM, said:

In part of this, I will be experimenting with a form of writing that I have seen used to describe fight scenes in another story.

Would I be correct in saying it is similar to some of Desert Fox's fight-scenes?

View PostSelax, on Sep 15 2006, 12:31 PM, said:

We are proud to say that it has not fallen down for over three thousand years![/i]

Oh no, that means we still have about 1000 years of tavern-based destruction left...

I liked this installment more than the first Selax, keep up the good work. Also, don't post them so often, you're giving me a bad name :P.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

Would I be correct in saying it is similar to some of Desert Fox's fight-scenes?

Actually, it was off of something that I saw on another set of forums, but it's probably good if it seems similar to some of Desert Fox's because his are usually quite good.

Oh no, that means we still have about 1000 years of tavern-based destruction left...

I liked this installment more than the first Selax, keep up the good work. Also, don't post them so often, you're giving me a bad name .

I think it's actually roughly two thousand years.

Thanks. I'm trying to get one installment up per week over the duration of the TS (about eight installments I hope). Oh, and just consider it inspiration to work on your chronicle :P .

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users