Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 1 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Chronicles: Finish Fight: Chapter 1

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

*OoC*
I couldn't really think of an inventive name for this, so I decided to go with something generic. This is a chronicle that stems from two posts in the Tavern: here and here. (I suggest you read these if you wish to have some idea what is going on, although I will give some background.) It's supposed to explain what Selax is doing during the next TS and make use of a plot line setup in previous chronicles of mine. Chapters are likely to be short and posted somewhat sporadically (although it will finish when the next TS is done). Descriptions of the characters are given in character info and, I think, in the last TS, but I will give them again. I'm not very good at describing combat scenes, but I shall do the best that I can. There will probably be almost random references to various TS characters, places, and events. If you want a reference to your character included, please let me know through posts in this thread and preferably in what specific capacity you would like your character to be referenced (i.e. something like: Wizard Soda or something like that).
*BiC*

5,000 years after the events of Cythera...

When Selax returned to awareness, he realized that he was lying on his back on a stone surface. Opening his eyes and looking around, he saw that he was on a tall building in the middle of a large city. Looking south, he saw the river Sitia—obviously this was the future Cademia. He heard the sound of footsteps behind him and turned.

Tomsan, probably Selax's oldest living friend, was standing a few feet away, looking around nervously. He was almost eight feet tall—taller than Selax and much more massive. His face was of a silver color, and he had red and gold hair. His armor and sword were silver as well. (Silver was the color used to mark his station.) On his back, he had wings reminiscent of those of an albatross, only somewhat larger.

Then, Selax contemplated again why they were here—Detharon. Once he had been Tomsan's superior, commander of the forces of the Chimaera, and friend to the two of them. However, long ago, he betrayed the Chimaera and joined the Death King. Selax and Tomsan had caught up to him, and the three had fought. Selax and Tomsan had won, but Detharon, a physical wreck, had been rescued by his dark master.

Now, Detharon had apparently angered the Death King and had been given a last chance—kill Selax and Tomsan or suffer his master's wrath. To do this, Detharon had somehow traveled into Cythera's future and challenged his two enemies to follow him. Having little choice, they had. Their task was twofold: kill Detharon and find out he had time-traveled and ensure it not happen again. Selax, of course, was no match for Detharon one-on-one—the other was far too powerful magically. However, with Tomsan (now Detharon's equal in power) to help him, he would be able to fight.

"Can you find him, Tomsan?" Selax asked, starting to look around as well.

"Not quite, but he's close. Very close. As a matter of fact, I think he's—"

He was cut off as the floor burst into pieces under him. Tomsan leapt clear as Detharon barreled upward out the building where he had been hiding. Tomsan landed beside Selax, and they both turned to face Detharon.

He looked the same as he had ever since their last fight. His eyes were yellowed and his hair white. A huge scar ran from his forehead down past one of his eyes (which had almost been lost when the scar was made) and ended in a virtual crater on one of his cheeks, where the object that had made it had finally penetrated. His reptilian wings looked slashed almost to pieces and his body was almost completely covered in other scars, including a large one on his side where another object had run him through. (The objects had been the swords of his opponents.) Talons sharp as long and sharp as Selax's swords extended from his fingers.

He smiled—and the grin was that of a madman.

"Time to die, old 'friends,'" he snarled.

"Detharon, please don't do this! Don't make us have to kill you!" Tomsan pleaded with his former leader.

"You won't be doing any killing; however, you will be doing some (I hope) very painful dying."

He surged forward, and a battle that had begun ages was continued at last.

As Detharon charged, Selax somersaulted over him, bringing his swords down hard on Detharon's talons as he went over him. Landing, Selax charged Detharon's back. Detharon blocked behind his back, at the same time as he blocked Tomsan's attack.

For a few minutes, they stood and fought like this—Selax behind Detharon and Tomsan in front. Detharon then charged Tomsan with enough force to send him flying off the top of the building.

Before he could turn around, Selax was on him. Detharon blocked, but he lost his balance and crashed to the ground. He rolled onto his back and blocked the rain of blows that descended on him. He began to charge up his power to incinerate Selax, but Selax managed to slip a kick through his defense and knock him off of the building.

Detharon righted himself and blocked Tomsan's blow as the other shot up under him. Selax jumped after him, and the three met again in midair. For several minutes, the aerial battle continued, but Detharon managed to hit Selax and send flying downward. However, the action left him momentarily open to a hit from Tomsan that knocked him through the window of a neighboring office building. Tomsan followed him, and Selax, having righted himself, followed Tomsan in but not before getting a look at the sign on the side of the building: Headquarters of The Alraeician Tavern, Inc.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

I like it Selax!

In the future of this chronicle, is Cythera perhaps industrialised? After all, 5000 years have passed.

Some criticism: to make the fight scenes more interesting, be specific: i.e., "Selax managed to slip a kick through his defense and knock him off of the building." is good, but perhaps next time tell us where the kick landed, how much force was in it, which part of Selax's foot hit, if there was any damage to Selax's shoes, etc.

I look forward to reading the next installment :P.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

Thank you for the compliments and advice, dusk.

In the future of this chronicle, is Cythera perhaps industrialised? After all, 5000 years have passed.

Yes, by this time Cythera has advanced to roughly the level of twentieth-century Earth.

Some criticism: to make the fight scenes more interesting, be specific: i.e., "Selax managed to slip a kick through his defense and knock him off of the building." is good, but perhaps next time tell us where the kick landed, how much force was in it, which part of Selax's foot hit, if there was any damage to Selax's shoes, etc.

I intend to start aiming for more detail in the next installment (which I hope will be up next week)—it's actually my weakest area in writing combat scenes (and one of my overall problems in writing—another two being excessive use of commas and poor sentence division).

By the way...
THREE chronicles up at the same time? Is the right forum :P ?
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#4 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

View PostSelax, on Sep 10 2006, 11:18 AM, said:

excessive use of commas

They're the most addictive form of punctuation, although I am showing signs of semi-colon madness too.

View PostSelax, on Sep 10 2006, 11:18 AM, said:

By the way...
THREE chronicles up at the same time? Is the right forum ;) ?

Studying for exams makes me want to waste time, hence, I write more :P.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#5 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

"Headquarters of The Alraeician Tavern, Inc."
I had to laugh when I read that :P
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users