Ambrosia Software Web Board: The History of Elves - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The History of Elves

#1 User is offline   Sephiroth 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:25 PM

THis is the beginning of my search to find the whole story of elves...enjoy.

Elven History
Elves came to this world from someplace else (another world, space, perhaps). They brought the secrets of magic with them, though some scholars (mostly human) dispute this. It's likely that man got magic from the elves, though not neccessarily with the elves' consent. (It may have come from other sources as well, or instead.)

Age of Giants
Several Elf cities are founded. Some powerful magic is forged for their defense. Relations with the dwarves are good, and some cities carry on much trade.

Time of Dragons
Dwarves find mithril in Mordorrak; and the elves discover how to use it to make elven steel. Then came the Elfwar, when the evil elves battled the good and were driven underground. Once the drow were exiled from the elven cities, soon (for elves) other factions of the elves left the cities in the Fractioning, to become the other races of elves.

Goblin Wars
In the Giant-Dragon Wars, when the humanoids became numerous, came the Goblin Wars. The elves forged many Elven swords in this time. Several of the great cities of the Golden Age fell to the goblins, due to so many of the elves having left in the Fractioning.

Elf Orc wars
The Elf-Orc wars occured after the Zajurru Empire fell, ceasing to be a roadblock to the orcs. The elves won the battles, but as with the dwarves in the dwarf-goblin wars, could ill-afford their losses. They fared better than the dwarves, though, due to their magical abilities. When the Northman barbarians began raiding, the elves formed an alliance with them, and this proved to be decisive.

------------------
Mac is just perfect spelled wrong

#2 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:28 PM

Just a side note, not all elves are related to Tolkien. (at least directly)

Some could be from other areas...perhaps DGC.
Posted Image

------------------
"I hate that! Your answers are always short, precise, and utterly useless!"
"Yes."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#3 User is offline   Sephiroth 

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:32 PM

Here is the stuff on dark elves oh and its not all from tolken.

Dark Elf

The Dark Elves are the evil brethren of the Woodland and High Elves. Their skin is blueish-black, their hair white, and they share the pointed ears and sharp features of their Elven brethren. Due to their life under the earth, and dedication to evil gods, they have the ability to see perfectly in the dark.

Created by Innoruuk, the dark god of hate, they are most feared and hated by their elven cousins as they were formed from the tortured bodies of the ancient High Elf king and queen. Although the elves hate them most, there are few races with any desire to be near the wicked Teir'Dal. Even the Trolls and Ogres who allow them to enter their cities freely fear them for their superior intellect, cunning and innate desire to torture others.

------------------

#4 User is offline   Sephiroth 

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:33 PM

Here is the half-elf

Half-Elf

Half-Elves, being a blend between humans and Woodland Elves, share some of the strengths and weaknesses of both races. They most closely resemble humans, except for their slightly pointed ears and sharper facial features.

------------------

#5 User is offline   Sephiroth 

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:35 PM

Here are high elves

High Elf

The High Elves are much more intellectual than their Woodland kin, and are the "royalty" of the Elven races (with the exception of their Dark brethren). They share the appearance of their Woodland kin, but are thinner, more beautiful, and more pale in skin.

------------------

#6 User is offline   Sephiroth 

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:38 PM

Finally here are wood elves post if you want another race I can find it trust me.

Wood Elf

Wood Elves appear somewhat human at first glance, but their very sharp features and pointed ears set them apart. Wood Elves are weaker than humans, but more than make up for this with their amazing agility and superior dexterity. They equal the High Man in their intelligence and wisdom, but are much more fair and charismatic.

------------------

#7 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2002 - 07:09 PM

Don't forget the 'Santa' type elves, which are short, dumpy, and wear funny hats Posted Image

------------------
The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#8 User is offline   Happy Dagger 

Posted 30 July 2002 - 07:21 PM

wait if you want them i can get them Posted Image

------------------
Aim, Shoot, Drink beer, Aim , Shoot...
Hunters Agenda

#9 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2002 - 10:24 PM

And house-elves, of course...haven't you ever read Harry Potter? Posted Image

------------------
Arrogance and ignorance walk hand in hand.

#10 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2002 - 10:56 PM

Actually, no. Posted Image

------------------
The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#11 User is offline   Aben Zin 

• Safety Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2002 - 06:41 AM

Actually the house-elves are probably the closest to genuine fairy-lore of the UK. There's a big book of Fairys (spelt however you damn well please) written by Brian Frond (I think), that I reckon JK Rowling used to good effect in Harry Potter.
The stuff about house-elves being mortally offended by being offered and payment in straight out of real fairy-lore.

The pointy eared and beautiful elves are straight out of Tolkein...

Az

------------------
___
"Your superior intellect is no match for our primative weaponry!"
[url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/acomicaboutus"]Don't ask, just click.[/url]
___
This space to be left blank

#12 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2002 - 09:34 AM

Originally posted by cache22:
Actually, no.   Posted Image

Nor do I... it's a lame fad. Pokémon was way cooler, as fads go. At least Pokémon had a stratgey element, rather then giving 10-year-olds fantasies about being wizards that can turn their enemies into frogs or other such iresponsible nonsense.

------------------
"Why do these candles say T-N-T?" - (famous last words 104)

Where do you want to [url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm"]teleport[/url] today?

"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#13 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2002 - 10:09 AM

Personally, I like Cythera. Posted Image

------------------
"To listen, one must be silent." -Ogion, A Wizard of Earthsea
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#14 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2002 - 07:09 PM

Originally posted by Bryce:
...rather then giving 10-year-olds fantasies about being wizards that can turn their enemies into frogs or other such iresponsible nonsense.

The bartender of the Alraeican Tavern was turned into a frog, was he not? By your standards Cythera is no better than Harry Potter. And here you are on the Cythera board.

------------------
Arrogance and ignorance walk hand in hand.

#15 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2002 - 08:04 PM

Originally posted by iKaterei:
The bartender of the Alraeican Tavern was turned into a frog, was he not? By your standards Cythera is no better than Harry Potter. And here you are on the Cythera board.

(1) Frog was just off the top of my head...
(2) He was only turned into a frog in a bout of comic relief anyway. Besides, that's the tavern, it's just for fun anyway...
(3) See 1 & 2
(4) Also, to compare the work of Glenn Andreas to that other perticular work of fiction is borderline blasphemy! *faints from shock* Posted Image

------------------

Where do you want to [url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm"]teleport[/url] today?

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#16 User is offline   Aben Zin 

• Safety Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Bryce:
Nor do I... it's a lame fad. Pokémon was way cooler, as fads go. At least Pokémon had a stratgey element, rather then giving 10-year-olds fantasies about being wizards that can turn their enemies into frogs or other such iresponsible nonsense.

Why not read one of the books before dismissing it as a lame fad? I found them quite entertaining as far as light reading goes. More fun than LOTR at any rate (and yes, I have read LOTR. Several times infact).

Incedently there is a Harry Potter cardgame which probably has just as mush strategy as Poaker-mon and is probably far better illustrated.

Probably.

Az

------------------
___
"Your superior intellect is no match for our primative weaponry!"
[url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/acomicaboutus"]Don't ask, just click.[/url]
___
This space to be left blank

#17 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Aben Zin:

Why not read one of the books before dismissing it as a lame fad?

I never said I hadn't read it, although I admit I never managed to suffer through an entire one of the books.

------------------

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users