• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Air-Castle (TS)

#151 User is offline   Salmaris 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:14 AM

Salmaris stood on the balcony, admiring the distant island. She wondered what things that land would offer. She hadn’t got more than thirty minutes of sleep last night, and she new her people needed at least two hours to get a good rest.

Salmaris’ thoughts drifted to her family, and how she’d seemingly eaten her last meal with them just a few days ago to her, yet centuries to everyone else.

Her grandmother had told her about the time when their people had landed in Cythera, how fierce elemental beings had attacked the ship, and crashed it into a mountain. The crew then broke into five groups, four each taking a shard from the ship’s spartial-temporal interchange core.

Salmaris remembered the account given her by her grandmother, of how they’d enlisted the natives to construct the Castle, and how they prospered under the direction of her forefathers.

Why did they leave me? She wondered, pondering her fate. As if it were only yesterday, she remembered being sealed in the stasis tube, being sent to ‘future generations’ of human and visitor alike.

But what had she awakened to? Nothing.
Like the childhood trauma of being lost in a strange place, but amplified a thousand time.
No visitors, of future visitors, nor castle-dweller humans, where there to great her when she awoke. She remembered her first terrifying moments in this time, running about the castle’s walls in the human quarters, looking for anyone, any living soul alive. Amid the Castles tremorus death throws, she’d searched fruitlessly for a person who’d tell the tale of how the castle had fallen to this state.
And unlike the lost child, who instantly regains hope upon seeing the parent, there was no one here to tell Salmaris that she was anything but lost, lost in a strange world among strangers.

Salmaris’ somber contemplation was interrupted by the sound of laughter bellow.
Stretching her weary arms, she climbed down the ladder well to see what had further brightened the spirits of the humans, and their elven companion.

She was sure of one thing, though - this brand of human had the best food she'd ever tasted!

------------------
Progress is not an illusion, it happens, but it is slow and invariably disappointing.

#152 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2001 - 03:53 PM

Salmaris was joined shortly by Flynn, Trinias and Moonshadow; the four of them stood at the railing, watching the city draw closer.

Eventually, the balloon came to rest over it's usual mooring spot, and several of the crew dropped ropes to the waiting crowd. Someone ran to inform the patrons of the tavern of their return. Everyone returned to their quarters to pack up their gear, then assembled by the drop hatch.

Talm addressed the group. "Well, everybody, thank you all for coming on my little expedition; I think we can call it a major success!"

"You're welcome, Talm," Flynn replied, and most of the others noded in agreement. "Personally, this trip has done me the world of good."

Without further ado, they opened the drop hatch and began winching items down to the ground.

Trinias climbed down the rope ladder, and disappeared into the crowd; he returned shortly, driving a small wagon, with the rest of the Ronin riding along. Flynn joined them, and together - with some willing help from the crowd - they began loading the Ronin's supplies, books and the bolt of kefron; Ulf managed to pick the heavy bundle up by himself, and dropped it on the bed of the wagon. "Careful," Trinias cautioned, as the wagon shook under the impact.

After helping all the others unload their gear, they prepared to leave. Flynn waved to the rest of the aviators. "We'll probably meet you all in the Alraeican Tavern, later!"

He turned to Moonshadow. "Coming?"

"No, I'm going back to Pnyx," she replied. "I want to tell Lindus all about the Castle. I'll meet you all later." She waved at the others, and teleported away.

The Ronin set off back to their barracks.

------------------
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.

#153 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2001 - 04:21 PM

Ferazel hadn't gotten out of the baloon yet, and Talm wondered where he had gotten to. Talm looked up at the window where Ferazel had last been seen at. Ferazel was there, sleeping. He had falled asleep almost exactly before the balloon had landed. Talm also noted that Ferazel was leaning at a steep angle out the window! Ferazel, still asleep, fell out, and down, down, down. Landing on the ground on his back, he popped away in blue smoke. Earlier, he had swapped back, but after he had talked with Salmaris. The real Ferazel exited the balloon, and he teleported away for Pnyx.

------------------
Those who know the truth are not up to those who love it; those who love the truth are not up to those who delight in it.
-- Confucius (a.k.a. Kong Fuzi)
------------------
Battle.Net Screen Name: ev3-ferazel The Game: StarCraft
And we're never gonna tour again.

#154 User is offline   Talm 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2001 - 05:21 PM

Talm, a tad bit weary from his early, and unpleasant, awakening, decided to head for the tavern and enjoy a refreshment.
Wolfie, who had been left on the balloon* was enjoying a nap in the sun on the balcony.

As Talm walked into the tavern, he noticed some new faces. There was an elf or two, and some others that look interesting. How much things can change in such a short time!

Pondering the reality of that fact, Talm took a chair at a table. Velcarn was already seated there, and he was engaged in explaining the history of the tavern to Salmaris, who seemed nervous around the large array of strangers.

“Well, what do you think of the Tavern, Salmaris?” Asked Talm.

“Interesting...” She said, but her mind was not entirely on the situation at hand.

Talm relaxed in his chair and ordered a drink, enjoying the feeling one gets from a successful accomplishment.

** Alright, if nobody has anything else to add, I'll consider this TS Finished!!**
** Please adjourn to the Tavern **

* It’s house - er, balloon - trained!

------------------
Ein weasel hat Sie Gehirn!
Those online traslators just don't live up to the hype.
Ein weasel hat Sie Gehirn!

Those online traslators just don't live up to the hype.

#155 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2001 - 06:19 PM

Brink meanwhile headed to Cademia, eagar to see how his trading business was doing. He walked into his office, finding his partner puzzling over numbers. "Harper, old friend, I'm back." Harper quickly looked up and saw Brink. "Welcome back! Business has been good but Exar boasted his price to 6 oboloi so I told him to go to Comana and switched to Dare's. Then Magpie wanted some more jester caps so we ordered them but the shipment got delayed by some bandits. Right after that Exar tried to get back at us by lowering his prices but I went and bought so much he went bankrupt. I also ordered the mercenaries after the bandits, but it turned a little nasty, so I had to go and find them some life insurance. Also, Alaric sent you a letter and Kosha wants you to go and inspect there emergency stores " As Harper finished saying this Brink replied "Harper?" "Yes?" "You need to get out more."

------------------
How do men that have beards play the flute?
When I'm bored, my post number goes up.

[This message has been edited by idiotSavant (edited 12-21-2001).]
I am not your rolling wheels / I am the highway / I am not your carpet ride / I am the sky / I am not your blowing wind / I am the lightning / I am not your autumn moon / I am the night

#156 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2001 - 02:08 AM

And so, our heroes returned safely from their journey, ready for a little relaxation, or perhaps more adventure, at their discretion.

------------------
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
[url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/cythera.htm"]http://www.macclassi...era/cythera.htm[/url]
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users