Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Quest for the Unknown Power (team story) - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Quest for the Unknown Power (team story)

#1 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2001 - 10:18 AM

I thought it might be fun to have a new team story out there. Well, here goes:

Ferazel sits down in a seat at the tavern. "I have picked up some high magic readings in a new cave at Land's End. Inside the volcano, there seems to be a power source that gives off mass magic. Anyone who wants to join please sit down, and after we have a good number, we will set off." He orders a round of drinks and practices Hallucination.

[edit] Also, I don't really want this to become a dead and buried story. I love these things and there aren't many around anymore. [/edit]

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?

[This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 09-22-2001).]
And we're never gonna tour again.

#2 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2001 - 06:44 PM

Three of the Ronin are at a table in the corner.

"The others might be interested," Trinias said; "I'll go and see."

Trinias leaves the tavern; Flynn and Sasha go and join Ferazel, helping themselves to drinks.

Shortly, Trinias returns with the rest of the Ronin; they join the group.

------------------
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.

#3 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2001 - 08:55 AM

Katze looked at Ferazel. "Sorry, friend, but I've had my share of adventure for now..."
"But I don't!" Moonshadow broke in, enthusiastically. The thought of adventure exited her, and besides, it might take her mind off the recent events... "So, when will we start? And what exactly are we looking for?" She stared at Ferazel intently, eyes blazing golden.

*It would be great if more people joined this... it's sad to see the teamstories die out... they used to be so popular...*
------------------
This is not dead which can eternal lie,
and in strange aeons even death may die!

[This message has been edited by Moonshadow (edited 09-23-2001).]
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#4 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 September 2001 - 10:37 AM

Avatara stood up, after some long thought. After a brief conversation with Shinikath, Avatara said, "We'll come, all four of us." Avatara, Shinikath, Eldiren, and Ithrun walked over to join the group. As they were walking over, a young warrior ran up to Avatara, and they engaged in another brief conversation. Looking at Ferazel, the warrior told him that he was coming. Trundaylan walked over with the others.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#5 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2001 - 08:46 PM

*OoC*
Almost enough, one more. Maybe Talos or Slayer. I hope DF could too.
*BiC*

"I don't exactly know what we're looking for. I'm thinking that it's a magical power source or provider of some sort. It might have been created by a great mage, maybe Tavara or Alaric made it. It gives off lots and lots of magical energy, but I don't know what substance it's made of." Ferazel says. One of his hallucinations beats Katze in a game of dice. "Hey! Give that back!" Ferazel shouts. "No, I'm Ferazel!" another Ferazel says. "No! I'm the real Ferazel!" another one says. "Whoever the real Ferazel is, cast Embrightenment." a patron says. All the Ferazels cast Embrighenment. Everyone is blinded by the light. Fourtunatly, the hallucinations all dissapear. Ferazel blindly casts Cure all over, and then to himself. "Heh heh." Ferazel said, "I really need to work the bugs out of that spell..."

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?

#6 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 08:34 AM

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
Almost enough, one more. Maybe Talos or Slayer. I hope DF could too.

Grr... Posted Image

Rogan enters the tavern. He seems extremely tired and looks like he's suffering from a terrible hangover. He sits down, raises his arm and yells "wine!". Quickly, the bartender hands him a bottle and Rogan quickly puts it into his bag. "You're not going to drink it?" asks Ferazel. "No, I need to relax a bit from the heavy drinking... you see, me and my team returned from a treasure hunt yesterday and I can say we found quite a bit of loot! Gems, gold, oboloi and weapons... anyways, we went to Korax's house afterwards to celebrate, and -you know- one thing led to the other, one bottle led to two bottles... but I think I'm about to recover now...

"So you're not hungry for adventure?" asks Avatara.
"Hell yeah!" Rogan responds instantly, "just because I'm a little tired doesn't mean I won't be out on another quest soon!"
Ferazel sits down by Rogan's table and explains abut the quest the others are about to embark on, and asks Rogan if he'd care to join.
"Very well, I'll join you.. sounds exciting... let me just do one thing first"
Rogan than orders a pale full of milk and drinks it all. "Very good for hangovers" he says with a smile.

------------------
When Hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#7 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 08:49 AM

So they all set off, (in order of joining) Ferazel, Flynn, Kwon Chen, Trinias, Wolmark, Leandra, Sasha, Ulf, Moonshadow, Avatara, Shinikath, Eldiren, Ithrun, Trundaylan, and Rogan. (Wow. That's a lot) They all leave the bar, walk out of town, and start the long southern journey to Land's End. After several hours, they have gone through several ruffians and a polyp. Nightfall is coming, so they set up a camp...

------------------

#8 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 11:31 AM

They take the night watch in shifts. Trundaylan settled against a tree trunk at the edge of the fire, listening and scaning the woods around.

About half way through his watch, he caught a glimpse out of the corner of his eye of a shadowy figure climbing up into the tree ten yards or so away. With a soft yell, the whole camp was awake, and after a hurried conversation of wispers, they circled slowly around the tree, weapons drawn.

When they had the tree completely surrounded, Ferazel yelled, "Who are you that hides in the shadows at night?"

A crunch came behind him. The whole group whirled around and saw an elf smiling at them.

"Well met. For those who don't know, I am Lindor, and I have come to join your quest, dispite..." he glared at the dark elves.

------------------
I am no one, and I am everyone. But most importantly, I am
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#9 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 September 2001 - 04:55 PM

Shinikath made no indication that he knew Lindor despised him. Avatara, quickly taking the initiative smiled and stood up. "Please, lets not continue this rivalry here. There are many more important things to consider than age old feuds over a long past incident. We welcome you to the group Lindor."

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#10 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 06:08 PM

They slept throught the night with only one ruffian attack. After they got up and packed up. They all journeyed soutward more. After several several more hours, they reached Kosha. Stopping there to pick up supplies and rest, the local gossip was how Pelagon had gone insane. The villagers had said that Pelagon had started to act insanely and had been sent to the prison. He had escaped and rumored to be roaming the area.

------------------

#11 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 06:26 PM

As the group went to the tavern for a last drink before going to the inn for the night, they were surprised by someone approaching them: Talos.

Talos, speaking before anyone in the group could, said, "Hello. I have heard that you plan to investigate the rumors at Lands End... I have always been one for adventure, and wish to join you. I put the decision at the hands of your group."

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.  | |  And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#12 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2001 - 04:01 AM

* I want to give the Alraeican Tavern a bit of a kick-start, but I've tied all my characters up here; so I'm going to take a few of them out. I'm pretty sure I can write them back in at anytime if anyone thinks they'd be useful. Posted Image *

After greeting Talos, the Ronin decided to retire for the night. As Leandra stood up, she stumbled and collapsed to her knees; Wolmark, who was closest, quickly knelt down to help her. After getting her back to her feet, he looked into her face and examined her half closed eyes; she didn't seem to be very aware of what was going on around her.

"The poor girl's suffering from exhaustion; growing those trees must have taken more out of her than she thought. I'd better take her back to Cademia where she can rest up."

"I'll keep you company," said Trinias.

After wishing the rest of the party good luck, Wolmark opened a portal and the three quickly departed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 09-25-2001).]

#13 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2001 - 06:48 AM

Moonshadow leaned back in her chair, recalling the recent events. She closed her eyes as the pictures flooded into her mind and before long the strain of the last few days took its toll and she was fast asleep...

------------------
This is not dead which can eternal lie,
and in strange aeons even death may die!
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#14 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2001 - 09:39 AM

Sleep was just impossible... Rogan tossed and turned, but could never get a good rest. The heavy drinking was not good for him, not at all... when he finally closed his eyes and was about to fall asleep, he was instantly awakened again, by a noise... some kind of moaning, sounded like an animal caught in a trap, maybe? Rogan didn't pay much attention to it... not before it came closer...

------------------

#15 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 25 September 2001 - 09:49 AM

*again I'm late in joining!*

When the group awoke and went to the dining table in the Inn for breakfast they were surprised to see Verran there.

"Good morning." he said in a cheerfull voice "I can't believe you left without me."

"What do you mean?" asked Ferazel "You werent even in the Tavern when we were recruting."

"I suppose not" Verran admitted, a little ashamed "I was at pnyx waiting for news about that ghost thing, and when I heard you guys were gone I teleported to catch up."

After Ferazel explaned what the whole quest was about to Verran *he must be getting tired of that* they all ate a delicios breakfast and began prepairing for the journey ahead.

------------------
Ok so I cant think of a good signature.

#16 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2001 - 10:59 AM

Everything seemed fine that morning. The breakfast was good, the sky was bright and sunny, and birds chirped out of the trees near the tavern. Yet, Rogan didn't forget his dream last night, if it even was a dream. Thinking back on it now, it seemed so real then. No, he must have been dreaming. What would make such a mournful wail as that?

The group stepped out of the tavern and took a look around. Curious; no one else was outside. Moonshadow turned to Talos.

"What are you going to do with the tavern? It wouldn't do to come back from an adventure and find the place pillaged in your absense."

***OoC***
Talk about coincidence, Verran hadn't seen Rogan's post three posts up, and I hadn't seen Rogan's post right above mine! Rogan, I tried to work in your post.
***BiC***
------------------
I am no one, and I am everyone. But most importantly, I am
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~

[This message has been edited by Theo Nean Donly (edited 09-27-2001).]
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#17 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2001 - 11:43 AM

Tycho walks in, sits down and asked Talos for a Titan steak and some of the finest wine he had. Everyone turned and look at Tycho and Talos wispered in his ear "Don't ou know its breakfest?"

------------------
I say what occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things, more I cannot say.
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

#18 User is offline   Kwon Chen 

Posted 25 September 2001 - 03:01 PM

Kwon was looking about the village; those that knew him best could tell (if they looked very hard) that he was concerned. "I sense nothing," he finally reported.

"Good," said Tycho. "Are we all ready to go then?"

"You fail to understand," continued Kwon, "I sense nothing! There are people in this city; yet I cannot detect them, or anything else for miles!"

Flynn frowned. "Did anybody hear anything unusual last night?"

------------------
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Confucious say, who say I say all they say I say?

#19 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2001 - 05:16 AM

Just then, the group noticed that Talos, who had been with them only a minute ago, was gone. He had just disappeared.

---

When he regained conciousness, Talos saw flashing lights above him. "Aurora," he thought. However, he found that he could not open his eyes; he saw the flashing colors, apparantly, through his eyelids. When he tried to move, he found that he could move everything except his left foot through some sort of viscous fluid. "This seems like water," he thought, "but it can't be. I can breathe in it naturally." But his thrashing then brought his head in contact with some sort of rock, and he was knocked out again...

---

"Dammit, where is he!" Rogan muttered in annoyance. The group had split up in order to find Talos, and were to head back to camp when the sun was in the middle of the sky. When Rogan looked up, the sun was still annoyingly low. Each person had gone off in a different direction; Rogan had taken almost absolute south. They probably would've been heading along the path that he was going along if Talos hadn't disappeared. A rock hit Rogan's foot, and he tripped.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.  | |  And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...

#20 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2001 - 06:11 AM

Sasha opted to go Northeast, and departed precipitously.

Flynn sent Ulf to search the local buildings; if there were any inhabitants left they might object, but they'd think twice before opposing someone that big; and Flynn was in no mood to waste time.

Flynn himself cast about for signs of a trail to follow, but his search proved fruitless. "If only Trinias were still here," he sighed. "If anyone could pick up the trail, he could." He gave up, and set out due North.

Kwon began searching in his own way; he sat down on the ground cross-legged, and began to calm his mind. He was still unable to sense anything, he found; but his attention was suddenly drawn to something he'd been hearing all morning, without registering: birds singing in the trees.

"So," he thought, "it is not just the unexplained absences - the townspeople, Talos; something or someone is blocking me..."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 09-26-2001).]

#21 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2001 - 08:06 AM

But what could block out something like that? Ferazel thought. "Listen, " he said, "The one blocking Kwon's power must be a mage. There are few here, but we'll search the area. Maybe he's around here..." They all split up, but first Ferazel taught them a spell to alert the others where he/she was.

------------------

#22 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2001 - 09:14 AM

Rogan looked up. His head hurt, and he felt an agonizing pain through the rest of his body. He muttered and sweared to himself before he got up and started brushing the dirt off his clothes. When he was done, he looked around to see if he could see anyone else, but no one was in sight. Suddenly, he realised that when he fell, he lost his sack, which had rolled down the hill to his right. Rogan started to climb down, and finally he could grab his sack. The shock was overwhelming when he found out that his wine bottle was broken, and wine had stained the whole sack. "Damn, have to buy a new one" he muttered, before he heard a noise...

An animal leaped out of the bushes, making Rogan draw his sword. He sheathed it again when he realised that the animal was a harmless unicorn. Rogan approached the unicorn, but suddenly the unicorn turned tail and ran away, like it had been scared by something. Rogan shook his head and when he turned around, he recieved a blow to his head, before everything went black...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Slayer (edited 09-27-2001).]

#23 User is offline   Ulf 

Posted 28 September 2001 - 05:48 PM

Ulf returned from his search.

"Town empty," he reported.

------------------
I wanted to be somebody; I should have been more specific.
I wanted to be somebody; I should have been more specific.

#24 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2001 - 08:09 PM

They all met Ulf back in the center of the town. He told them about the town being deserted. Moonshadow said he had seen a couple ruffians talking with a mage near the mouth of River Styx. They all set off in that direction.

------------------

#25 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 28 September 2001 - 08:18 PM

Flynn and Sasha returned from their respective serches at the appointed time. None of the others were there, but they found a note from Ferazel telling them where they'd gone. The two warriors hurried to catch up.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users