Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Coming of the Dragon (team story) - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Coming of the Dragon (team story)

#51 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 March 2001 - 06:34 PM

The group was silent, and just stared at theDarkDragon, not knowing what to say. Cosmic demons, the destruction of the universe, immortal beings requesting help from mortals, the type of news that just blows one's mind away with shock. Who would've thought this could happen, remote, happy Cythera could be secretly infiltrated by immortal and immensely powerful creatures nobody had ever dreamed of. Yet still, here was one now, asking for their help. Their help. Mortals helping immortals in something the immortals weren't capable of.

Yet still, somehow everyone knew there would be a catch. There always was a catch, and this one would be no different.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#52 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• Came up with this name when I was 12, don't hold it against
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2001 - 10:23 PM

Well, I suggest we hurry up and get to Land King Hall, whether he wins or loses, it will be an interesting fight.

*The group headed off towards LKH in the hope that, somehow, their king could defeat this seemingly invincible demon...*

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
C M? M R Snakes.A R Not! O S A R! C M B D I's?
L I L B! A R Snakes! -President Bush talking to V.P. Richard Cheney at Camp David
Reality has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert

#53 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2001 - 08:50 PM

(I believe its your turn to post again Dragon as you know what Choas demons look like and what you are going to do about it. Unless you want a "we arrived" post from one of us.)

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#54 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2001 - 05:12 PM

(no need becuase: )
We arrived. Posted Image
Guards greeted them at the door, "Who are you and what is your business here?"
"We came from Cademia in response to the messege you sent." replied Rogan.
"What messege?" asked the guard.
"The one about Alaric needing heroes because of a monster attacking." said Talos.
"Ah good, we just needed to make sure you had gotten the messege directly. Please enter, Hadrian will meet you in the throne room." said the guard as he moved to let us pass.

The group walked in, and across the void. The team noticed that Dragon was a little shakey(sp?) around there. Once past, the group turned right (as I'm sure someone here knows their way around) towards the throne room.

Hadrian sat in a small chair in the left of the room. "Ah, you must be the heroes we sent for. Who is this?" he asks pointing to Dragon.
"He's just a traveler that may know something about the creature." said Avatara.
"Really? Well that puts him a branch up on the knowledge tree compared to the rest of us, we can't make heads or tales of this whole situation."
"Well, start by telling me exactly what happened." said Dragon.

*ripple dissolve*

"You remember that storm we had a few nights ago right? Well, as it turns out the nexus was responding rather strangly. Lightning bolts flashing out and as Alaric put it: 'A great power is lurking here'. We decided to close off the room so that no one would get struck by the lightning. The next morning we opened it back up to find a portal open! We summoned Alaric immediately of course, as Alaric is a man who insists upon hearing strange news immediately (for all you Godfather fans out there). As he entered the room the portal brightened and a crimson read ghost entered the nexus room. He said something like: 'You are the one known as Alaric? I have come across vast distances to get here. I challenge you to an Immortal's duel! The winner gets this dimension as his own!' Then he vanished and we noticed words on the wall: 'Three nights at sundown', presumably meaning he will return at dusk three days from then. That was yesterday morning."

*end ripple dissolve*

"And that's what happened." Hadrian said.
"Are you sure he said Immortal's duel?" asked Dragon.
"Yeah, he said it just that way too, with alot of dignity in it." replied Hadrian.
"Alright. Can we get some beds in your barracks?" asked Dragon again.
"Yea, sure. GUARD! Come lead these people to the barracks!"
"Aye sir!" the guard shouted as he gestured for the group to follow him down the hall...

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a night. Teach a man to fish and he'll drink beer and sleep in a boat all day!
-Stephen Colbert

#55 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2001 - 04:13 PM

The group gets down to the barracks.

"Do you know anything about this 'Cosmic Demon'?" asked Talos.
"Yeah, I met up with him once before. I would have defeated him but we were in deep space and I had to concentrate on keeping my composure. Frankly, i don't think Alaric has much of a chance."
"Aw man, what are we gonna do?" asked Rogan.
"You say that you couldn't defeat him in deep space right? Well, we aren't in deep space now. Couldn't you help do something about it?" asked Avatara.
"Maybe, but you forget... I can't harm anything here because of the extreme power of the elemental forces. But maybe... I wonder if..."
"Wonder if what?"
"That banestone thing, who would know where such a gem would lie?" the Dark Dragon asked.
"Maybe Lindus." said Theo.
"Ok, here's what we'll do then. I need you, Theo, to go find an ash staff about... so long with a crevice in the top."
"Why ash? Some sort of mystical intergalactic power to it?" asked Theo.
"No, it's just very durable,"
*oh's and ah's go around the barracks*
"Then I need Talos and Avatara to get some more information on how this demon looked, from the guards that is, to see if it really is the same one."
"Wouldn't he just be able to change his form like you?" Asked Avatara.
"No, that is an ability reserved almost entirely for beings of spiritual form, and Cosmic Demons are of physical form, like you."
*more oh's and ah's go around the barracks* Posted Image
"Then I need Rogan to go to the Pynx or whereever Lindus is and bring him back here. Ok?"
"Ok." said Rogan.

And they're off!

This'll give you guys a reason to post Posted Image

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a night. Teach a man to fish and he'll drink beer and sleep in a boat all day!
-Stephen Colbert

#56 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip

Posted 22 March 2001 - 12:17 AM

as the Rogan makes his way toward the exit of LKH, Fanatic appears on top of a very familiar looking rune.
"hold on now, what's the fuss? I was told something about a Duel with a demon, and came here." fanatic said.
After the story was told, Fanatic said, "here. i can help. anyone touching the caster of the Variable Directed Nexus will teleported to where the caster teleports. touch my hand."
Rogan obeyed, and they were no longer in Land King Hall. They were in the courtyard in Pnyx on top of a rune identical to that on which Fanatic had appeared on top of. Rogan then regognized the design. The same as fanatic had put outside the Undine Stronghold before the expedition went in. Three circles linked together, with a triangle in the center of the rune, one point touching each circle. This Variable Directed nexus, it seemed, could take the caster and anything or anyone touching it to any of the runes the caster set.
As rogan and fanatic walked toward Lindus' office, Fanatic staggered.
fanatic, seeing that Rogan had noticed, said, "Do not think that The spell i used dosent take it's toll on the caster if it is used too many times."
===Back in Land King Hall===
A few hours later, the boy returned.
"Sirs! the one i just spoke to is not with you! I ran al the way to get here, and he isnt here...I just wanted to ask his name!"
"slow down," said Avatara, "tell us the story."
the kid, after asking for some milk and recieving it, told the story, broken by long sips.
"I was just announcing the duel in catamarca,"--sip--"when a man appeared, standing on a rune I had just noticed in front of me."--sip--"He asked, 'what did you say?' so i told him,"--sip--"and he said, 'This is serious indeed.' And he just vanishes."--long sip--"there im done with my milk...anyway, I figure, since he can just appear and dissapear just like that, he must be a mage, and he must be going to Land King Hall." he paused, looking around. "But he isnt here with you. He must have disapeared to somewhere else..."
Avatara nodded, remembering the Undine Stronghold, where fanatic had teleported them safely out before the ceiling collapsed... "yes, I know of someone who knows that spell," Avatara paused, "He goes by the name Fanatic, though none of us know his true name."
===Meanwhile===
As Fanatic rested, regaining strength, an explosion is heard all over pnyx, coming from the east...
Fanatic realized that someone had come after him and Rogan. he called out to rogan, "come here! we need to get help!" Fanatic touched Rogan's hand, but this time, he was too tired, having not been fully rested. The spell failed. they landed in a newly established demon encampment, two miles east of pnyx.

*OOC*
Sorry guys, but i had to get my creative ideas out of my head! it took me a full 30 minutes, mind you. I'll let rogan and the others post about the imminent fight to escape the demons.

------------------
Why are you not my englishness be understanding?

#57 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2001 - 11:53 AM

Just before leaving, Rogan walks up to Dragon.
"And what are you gonna be doing while we're off adventuring?" he asked.
"I'll be right here making sure that the big guy doesn't come back early, er.. before we're ready."
"But how can you do anything to him if you can't touch anything on this world yet?"
"I can just set up a forcefield in front of the void, see how much he likes that Posted Image."
"Ooohh."
Rogan runs off to do his mission.

YAY!!!! My 200th post!!! Posted Image

Posted Image

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
"You know why the weather is so screwed up don't you? It's because we don't have an ozone layer. And that's the part I don't get, we have men and we have spacecraft. I say we take some saran wrap and go up there and fix it!" -Lewis Black
-Stephen Colbert

#58 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2001 - 06:42 PM

Suddenly, Ferazel rushes in. "Who are you?" asks TheDarkDragon. "I'm a mage from Pnyx. I received news about your arrival and the duel. I teach the art of spellmaking at Pnyx also." Ferazel says, tired from his teleportion from LandsEnd.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#59 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2001 - 06:45 PM

*Avatara returns with Talos behind him.*

"Nobody could give us anymore information, I'm sorry. By the way, you said you couldn't defeat him in deep space before. I've tried using magic a long time ago and I found that my magic didn't travel across space. I have a feeling it needs some type of matter in order to flow or move. Would this explain why you failed to defeat him?"

------------------

#60 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2001 - 07:35 PM

"No, it's more like this...
Ever try that gladiator game when you're standing on inner tubes in the water and whack the crud out of your best friend? Yeah that's the one. It's a little like that. You could easily whack the crud out of your best friend no matter where you are, it just takes a little more concintration (sp?)when you're about to get whacked and splushed yourself. Besides the fact that it probably isn't the same outter space that you are thinking of. This is the cosmic void, the empty (well it's not really empty, plenty of debris) space between universes." Dragon explained.
"Alright... I think I get it. Since this is in the 'cosmic void'," Avatara says with a little disbelief, "Can you fly?"
"Yeah," Dragon floats up into the air with his legs crossed, "it's just (again) kinda difficult out there when you have nothing to compare your position to."
"Aaahh" They both say.
"Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys why I was so relieved when Hadrian said 'Immortal Duel'."
"Why?"
"Because 99% of the time, in an immortal duel, the winner keeps the loser in a protective orb, so he can draw power off of him for a while."
"And this is good how?" asks Avatara skeptically.
"Because if Alaric loses, and I fight the demon and win, I get all of his orbs and him. I can set free all of the good immortals and keep all the evil ones for myself. Couldn't hurt."

Posted Image

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
"You know why the weather is so screwed up don't you? It's because we don't have an ozone layer. And that's the part I don't get, we have men and we have spacecraft. I say we take some saran wrap and go up there and fix it!" -Lewis Black

[This message has been edited by TheDarkDragon (edited 03-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TheDarkDragon (edited 03-31-2001).]
-Stephen Colbert

#61 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2001 - 03:21 PM

Finally, after a score of long hours of searching, Theo walked into a clearing in the middle of the woods. Stuck in the ground in the middle of the clearing was a staff, just so long, made of ash, and with a crevice on top. The sun reflected of its polished surface, catching his eye. Not daring to hope, he slowly reached out to take it. When his hand was mere inches away, Theo paused, hearing a noise behind him. He quickly snatched the staff and swung around, only to see a sqruirrel scamper away into the underbrush. Scolding himself for being so jumpy, Theo made his way uneventfully back to Land King Hall.

[spellchecking (and improving my sarcasm of things jumping out at every turn) Posted Image ]

------------------
"It has to start some time.
It has to start some where.
What better time than now?
What better world than this?" ~Theo Nean Donly~

[This message has been edited by Theo Nean Donly (edited 03-28-2001).]
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#62 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2001 - 04:41 AM

"That's it. I'm not talking to you" Rogan muttered to Fanatic as he drew his sword. Fanatic prepared a fireball and fried away a couple of demons.

Rogan sliced a demon with the sword and beheaded another demon seconds later.
Suddenly, the demons somehow managed to surround Rogan and Fanatic. The demons came closer...

As the demons approached, Rogan scored a couple kills with the sword and Fanatic used his sword, the Black Bane, to get three demons to the ground. There was about fifteen demons in the camp now, and Rogan and Fanatic knew they could not handle them alone.

Suddenly, when the demons were about to get close enough to use spells on the two men, the large door to the encampment exploded and was thrown backwards, smashing a few demons and nearly hitting Fanatic's foot. Warcries was heard when a small army of warriors entered the demon camp.

The men with the large military blades and iron crossbows took out the demons with ease, and few minutes later, only one demon was left. It nearly ripped Rogan's head off, but a dagger penetrated its skull before it was close enough.

Fanatic was rather surprised, but Rogan approached the leader of the men and said: "Damn, Lukyan, you almost hit me with that dagger!" Rogan smiled and Lukyan shaked Fanatic's hand.

"Lukyan is my name. I am the leader of the Seventh legion" he said.

(note: Expect a descriptipon of Lukyan in Character info)

------------------
Horses...dangerous in both ends and uncomfortable in the middle
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#63 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2001 - 08:49 AM

Theo returned from getting the staff, and was met by Talos, Avatara, and Dragon in the nexus room.

"What do we do now?" asked Avatara.
"Shouldn't Rogan be back by now?" said Dragon.
"Yeah he should, Dragon and I will head down there to see what's keepin him." said Talos.

Talos and Dragon head off down south toward the Pynx.

They arrived to see Rogan and Fanatic fighting a horde of demons. Talos was just about to attack when a group of knights came in and kicked the snot out of the demons (to coin a phrase?). The were saying something that appeared non-hostile to Rogan so Talos and Dragon walked over.
"Greetings," said the leader of the knights...Lukyan was his name, "I am Lukyan of the seventh legion (is that right?), who are you?"
"I'm the planeswalker DarkDragon, and this is the warrior Talos, I take it this is a friend of yours Rogan?"

Posted Image

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
There would be those who would travel deep into the wilderness, only to smack into a tree. Myself? I run into the first tree I see. -TheDarkDragon
-Stephen Colbert

#64 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2001 - 10:31 AM

Dragon, Rogan, Talos, and Fanatic arrive at the Pynx.
Oh, right, so did Lukyan and his knights.

They walk inside and see that Lindus and his students are working on some sort of contraption near the front door.

"Lindus, greetings, we have come seeking knowledge. But first, what are you making?" asks Rogan.
"A forcefield generator, to protect the Pynx from all sides in case of an attack. Can't be to sure after the Talos thing."
Everyone looks at Talos, who then shakes his head with disappointment.
"Alright now for the knowledge we require:
Do you know where we might find the Banestone?"
"Hmm... it seems I recall that some of my scouts found a temple with the runes that read 'stone of bane' on the front."
"That'd be it, where is it then?"
"An island east of Odemia."
"We're there then."

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
We beat the snot out of 'em. It's a technical term.
-The Tilford Family
[This message has been edited by OctoberFost (edited 04-11-2001).]
-Stephen Colbert

#65 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2001 - 01:32 AM

Time to finish this up.

The party was heading toward Odemia between the pass in the mountains when a messenger form LKH came running up to them.
"Everyone, the Daemon has arrived at the hall!" he says and runs off.
Not knowing what else to do, Dragon and the rest of the group follow.

They arrived in the nexus room to see a swirling archon of blue energy floating in one corner of the room and Alaric in the other.
"I will give you one last chance to surrender this realm to me, 'Land Kind'. Give it or I shall take you into my orb!" said the being.
Alaric merely stood up from his seat and powered up his magic.

The fight commenced.

It started with a fireball like blast from Alaric. Then a return energy beam from the Daemon. On and on it went, until finally the Daemon swooped past Alaric and lifted him above the ground with some sort of energy hold. The Daemon threw Alaric into a wall, leaving the old man stunned. The daemon seemed to remove an orb from inside itself, as it glowed a bright green in contrast to it's own bright blue. Alaric seemed to warp and twist as he was sucked into the orb.

Alaric was gone.

"Let's get out of here." Dragon said as he sealed the back door of the nexus room.
All of the spectators ran out of the room and Dragon sealed the door behind them.
"What do we do now?" asked Avatara.
"We go get the rock." said Rogan.

They reached the island within a couple of hours. There, under a few small ruins was an altar. Dragon approached it:
"Crud, there's one more thing I forgot to mention." he said.
"Oh... what now?" asked Fanatic.
"I need... a host."
"A WHAT?" yelled Talos.
"A host. You see I need some real connection to the physical world. So who's it?" said Dragon.
"Wait a minute, what's the catch? There's always a catch." said Avatara.
"There is, if I die while occupying the hosts body... they die too."
"Well that's no problem, we can just revive them... oh wait, I smell another catch." said Avatara.
"Yup, their soul becomes intermingled with mine, and not only do they die permanently. But they get to share a form with me for the rest of eternity." said Dragon.
"Well, you only live once. Unless you're me, who has lived more times than I should have. I'll be it." said Rogan.
"Very well." said Dragon as he took a deep breath.

Dragon motioned for Rogan to hold the crystal in his hands as he prepares to join with him. The sky turned black and lightning bolts thundered across the sky. Dragon walked forward, into Rogan's body.

The sky returned to normal and Rogan, err, Dragon shuddered himself back to reality.
(Keep it mind now that Dragon is now in Rogan's body.)

Dragon put the Banestone into the ash staff.
"Now we get back to LKH before that smoke cloud gets out." said Avatara.

*Note: In the party, we now have: Rogan/Dragon, Avatara, Talos, Fanatic, Lukyan and his men, Theo and ferazel if he's still with us*

The party returned to the Nexus room with a quick directed nexus spell only to see the Cosmic Daemon trying to break out.
"Hold there!" yelled Dragon.
The Daemon seemed to turn around (this is strange because he technically has no front), "I know that voice! You're that planeswalker I defeated in the deep space!"
Dragon bows non-shalantly. "Let me make this simple: give up Alaric and leave, or die."
The Daemon blasts toward Dragon with a beam of energy, but misses.

The second fight commences.

Again, the fight seemed little more than an exchange of blasts and dodges. At first the Daemon seemed to have the upper hand, hitting Dragon with an early blast. Then Dragon hit the Daemon with two strong fireballs that evened everything out. Finally, the Daemon came in for the same claw that finished Alaric. Dragon leaped into the air, landing behind him and zapping him with one final lightning bolt. The Daemon seemed to fizz out of existance, and only a green, glowing orb in the air remained.

Suddenly, the orb fell to the ground, shattering into a million pieces!
"No!!!" came from several members of the party.
Dragon looked disappointed, yet unconcerned.

Scene 2:
Outside the Alraecian Tavern 3 days later.

"You still haven't told us why you're not worried!" insinuated Talos as he spoke to Dragon, still in Rogans body.
"He's not dead."
"Who's not dead?" asked Avatara.
"Alaric. Because he was inside that orb, his spirit is rematerializing. Slowly." replied Dragon.
"How long will it take before he lives again?" asked Theo.
"Probably about a year." replied Dragon.
"A year... Cythera won't last that long! What are we going to do?" asked Fanatic.
"Well, Alaric only has a connection with the land due to his Seldane ancestry right?" said Talos.
"Yeah..." said Lukyan.
"Well, could you create a temporary bond with the land on one of us Dragon?" asked Talos.
"I suppose, but they probably wouldn't be able to stand that kind of mental torment... unless..." Dragon walks over to Avatara and says, "Avatara, I am going to make you the new, temporary, Land King." Dragon gives Avatara the staff and casts a spell on it.
"This staff will give you a bond to the land until Alaric returns to reclaim his throne. The staff will also give you the power to comprehend it." said Dragon.
"Now I'm afraid I must leave. Your friend Rogan will be fine once I leave his body. Be warned Avatara: The staffs power will manifest itself in Cythera in the way it's owner wishes it to. A ruler who wants to protect Cythera will bring prosperity. An evil ruler will bring turmoil."
"Did you ever decide whether any of us may be the one from that prophecy?" asked Talos.
"I don't think so, though I've seen less promising candidates. Tell Rogan good luck with his quest to find the homelands. Goodbye everone."

With that, the spirit of TheDarkDragon lifts itself out of Rogan's body. Rogan falls to the ground, unconscious. Having nothing else to do, the group drag Rogan inside to have a drink.

*Note: It might be interesting to have the 'Alaric is gone' idea in all of the team stories.*

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
If pro is the opposite of con, isn't progress be the opposite of congress?
'
[This message has been edited by OctoberFost (edited last week).]
-Stephen Colbert

#66 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2001 - 06:19 PM

(interesting)

Avatara suddenly drops to his knees and squeezes his eyes shut, wincing in pain and gripping the staff tightly. The group rush over, but are afraid that contact might cause even more damage. After a minute of pain, Avatara opens his eyes, grits his teeth, puts on a straight face, and stands up.

"I was just caught unexpectedly, theDarkDragon was right about the mental torment. Its fine now, it'll just take a bit getting used to."

(the end?)

------------------

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users