Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Hole in the Tavern floor - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Hole in the Tavern floor

#1 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• Came up with this name when I was 12, don't hold it against
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2001 - 08:24 PM

(See page twelve of the Tavern Continued to help understand this topic.)
Rulir grabbed the arrow ladder and began to descend behind where Wratho, Grapper and the beautiful woman had passed.
"Hey Rogan! Wanna help us out a bit down here? We could use a little embrightenment spell!"
"The great druid doesn't have a simple light spell?" taunted Rogan.
"You know, if we were in the middle of a desert it wouldn't sound so weird now would it? Now are you coming or not?" Rulir called to Rogan.
"Coming... hehehe."
The five climbed deeper and deeper into the hole Rulir had created. Soon they began to get bored with climbing, so they started talking.
"And you my dear, what might your name be?"

*Note to Talos: I would have left the whole hole thing (pun very intended Posted Image) to rest but noooo Posted Image. Just let it be known that if this flops because of lack of... goal, shall we say? That it's on your conscience... Posted Image.*

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
We beat the snot out of 'em. It's a technical term.
-The Tilford Family
Reality has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert

#2 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2001 - 05:59 AM

"My name is Katherine" said the young magess, "I just came to Cademia, looking for some adventure...and oboloi, since I am planning to start a shop where I sell magical items."

"Well, if you are looking for adventure, the tavern is the place to be" responded Rulir.

The five climbed deeper and deeper, and soon Rogan catched up with the rest. "This is one deep hole" he said as they climbed further down. Rogan cast his embrightment spell, and soon, everyone could see the "ladder" they were using, which made them even more worried.

"are you sure these arrows can hold us?" asked Rogan. "No, not at all" someone further down responded. Stones loosening from the wall followed by a "thump" and loud swearing was heard as they continued to descend into the darkness...

------------------
Insult of the month:
You are the fattest thing I've ever seen...and I've been on safari!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#3 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2001 - 07:08 AM

"Hey, hold up!" Someone far above in the darkness yelled.

"Who is that?" Katherine asked.

Rogan replied, "Sounds like Talos. Sounds like he's coming down pretty fast too."

He was. Talos, in haste, was half tumbling down the walls, knocking down arrows and narrowly preventing himself from falling off the wall. Finally, he came to the group: but by then it was too late. He had fallen off the wall, and was falling downwards.

"Did you here something?" Rulir asked.

"Nah. Talos must have given up," Rogan said.

Not realizing that Talos was plummeting a good ways below them, the group continued downwards...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#4 User is offline   Heidel 

Posted 11 April 2001 - 07:53 AM

Spearheading down into the darkness, Talos could see his entire life passing in front of his eyes."To end an glorious career like this..." he managed to think, when suddenly.

Something soft broke his fall. Beeing wrapped in soft cloth, he managed to grab hold of the cracks of the wall. In the faint light from above he could make out that the *cloth* was in reality thick and sticky spiders' net.

Beeing safed from an splattery dead, Talos found himself wondering what a beast of an spider that spun such great and steady nets...

------------------

#5 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2001 - 08:08 AM

Ferazel climbs down, joining the group. "Have you seen Talos?" he askes.
"No, I didn't. I thought he gave up and climbed back up the ladder." Rogan replies.
"Well, I've been in the tavern the whole time, and Talos never came up." Ferazel said.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#6 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2001 - 02:07 PM

"I wonder how much further I'm down than everyone else..." Talos thought. He had managed to lift most of himself off the web, but his feet were stuck in a strangely sticky area. "Ridiculous... caught by my sandals! What am I going to do now... I don't think it would be a very good idea to go around here bare-footed... who knows what microscopic fauna lies on the ground?" However, he didn't want to be wrapped up and then eaten alive by some sort of giant spider, so he bit his lip and took his sandals off. He attempted to cast a light spell, but it failed. He could see nothing. "What now? I'd rather not risk getting my hand caught along the side of the web looking for an opening..." He carefully maneuvered around the wall, which was considerably wider here. At one point, he noticed what looked to be a slit of light. He kicked the area to the left, and the mud and stone collapsed inwards. Inside was a large blue portal.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#7 User is offline   Trundaylan 

Posted 11 April 2001 - 06:44 PM

Ferazel looked up in reply to an astonished cry. Stones and pebbles pummeled down, passing the group as the rocks bounced along the wall. Trundaylan continued down, carefully, and taking his time as he followed the group in the descent.

Rogan hollered up, "Is Avatara or Theo coming?"

"Which one is Avatara? I think Theo is on his way."

"The guy in the blue robes, stands out like a horse in a pin stack...no wait...what about a worm in a toothpick... Oh never mind." Rogan's face scrunched up in thought as he descended.

"I think he's staying behind. He said something about 'unemploying a frog'." *A distant curse from a Talos-like voice floated up from far below.* "I hope you don't mind me being here."

"As long as you've got wits, good sense, and a crazy ambition to follow us into madness you'll fit right in." Rogan replied, followed by a curse as more stones came loose.

Trundaylan called down one final question, "How did the archers manage to shoot arrows this far down into the wall? We're out of the normal range of bows by now, and the angle makes a nearly-impossible shot."

------------------
"We've added years to life, not life to years."

#8 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2001 - 01:37 PM

Someone mutters "magic arrows", and everyone seems contented with the reply. Posted Image

[And no, I think I'll take a little break from this team story, I've got to think and plan, big things happening... Good luck, though Posted Image]

------------------
"It has to start some time.
It has to start some where.
What better time than now?
What better world than this?" ~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#9 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2001 - 10:16 AM

Rulir hit the ground just behind Katherine.
"That stupid plant of mine must have dug this tunnel."
They look around, only to see a book on a pedistal in the middle of an opening down a long hallway *pant* *gasp*.
"I wonder what that is..."

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
-The Tilford Family
[This message has been edited by OctoberFost (edited 04-11-2001).]
-Stephen Colbert

#10 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2001 - 04:03 PM

Katherine runs towards the pedestal and, when she has reached it, she opens the book and starts to read, loudly:

*out of c*

Come on! Don't let this topic join the dead bunch of team stories!

------------------
Insult of the month:

#11 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2001 - 04:28 PM

*OoC* How many team stories do we have running now anyways?
The Coming of the Dragon
A New Story
The tale of the Treasure
The Island
The Etheral void
Tavern Continued (sorta a team story)
The Ancient Library (see above 1)
And the Hole (this one)

Too many, let's not start some for a bit. (until we finish off the tale of the treasure, the island and a new story.)

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
-The Tilford Family
-Stephen Colbert

#12 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 April 2001 - 09:15 PM

Originally posted by TheDarkDragon:
*OoC* How many team stories do we have running now anyways?
The Coming of the Dragon
A New Story
The tale of the Treasure
The Island
The Etheral void
Tavern Continued (sorta a team story)
The Ancient Library (see above 1)
And the Hole (this one)

Some of us prefer to have fun, and thus we can carry on the stories a tad longer than most people who say "I got it and we returned safely" by about the 10th post.

Some stories also sink to the bottom because two key people are busy and can't always post. Like, on the Tale of the Treasure, DF has college exams and I can't always be there to post also.

I think you can shorten your list to:

-The Coming of the Dragon (mostly run by theDarkDragon, as most of us have no clue as to what's going on)

-A New Story (I left this open for you guys to figure out, Avatara wasn't really a main character, nor did he get you into all that trouble)

-The Tale of the Treasure (kinda kept going by DF and me right now, until we get on to the next obstacle and sort out this "unexpected encounter" stuff)

-The Island (no clue)

-The Etheral void (I didn't intend for this to be a story, just an addition to the stuff going on in the library)

-The Hole in the Tavern (run by you?)

The tavern and the library aren't really stories, just fun places that are un-related to most story plots, and a place to just hang around and have fun.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#13 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2001 - 07:57 AM

I think The Island is dead. Only Ferazel and me were posting there.

------------------
Insult of the month:

#14 User is offline   TheDarkDragon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2001 - 02:00 PM

The Book says:

"To those who might one day read this spellbook, I say this:
There once was an age where mighty kings ruled. A day where the greatest warriors would fight to the death and the world would be devistated, until another arose. Sadly, this day ended with the coming of the tyrants. I was a mage who lived in these dark tunnels. Here, within this spellbook, is my life's work:

The rest of the pages are torn out from here on.
A demon's claw-nail lies in the binding.

"It's gone!"

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
-The Tilford Family
-Stephen Colbert

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users