Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Has More Bugs In It Than A Rotting Corpse! - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Has More Bugs In It Than A Rotting Corpse!

#1 User is offline   Fletcher 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2000 - 06:55 PM

I was trying to make a plant "stick" in my house in Cademia so I could decorate it. I wanted to put one plant on each side of the door. I took all of Meleager's stuff, and gave him the plant. I used "Shake Down" on him, and he dropped a haystack!! it even said "Meleager drops a haystack!" Since plants are only 1x1 square, and haystacks are 2x2, I couldn't get out of the building because the haystack was in the way! Of course, I had no idea this was going to happen before it did, so I had quite a job getting back to where i was before in the game. Now, as i look back on it, I remember I could have just used fetch on the haystack, or the spell "Direct Nexus." Posted Image

Another thing, After I talked to the lady in Odemia about Kesh, and after my character told her the corpse in the secret passage in LandKing Hall with Kesh might've been a spy, I rushed to the secret passage in LandKing Hall and used the amulet Alaric gave me on the corpse to see if i could get him to talk. As soon as I did, the corpse dissapeared, and a "Shrub was brought back from the brink of death." Of course, there was no shrub to be found. Oh well, at least there isn't anything too bad in the game.

By the way, I mean nothing bad against Cythera with the name of this thread. Posted Image

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cythera Rules!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2000 - 07:52 PM

I'll agree that Jason's bugs were well earned at Macworld Expo. Posted Image Although there are fewer bugs than in v1.0.0, Ambrosia has basically turned its back on Cythera. It's really too bad, as Cythera would've been a hit if the graphics were very slightly better, the plotline actually branched, and there were more than 25 or so "quests". Oh well, Cythera is still a pretty darn good game, just not darn good enough...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#3 User is offline   Grapper 

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2000 - 04:58 PM

The Ruffian didnt actualy disapear when you bring something back to life it goes back to where it was before it died or where it was when the game started for example when you are brought back to life you apear over the conjurers triangle in landking hall if Mealeger is brought back to life he will reapear at the bridge. however since the ruffian was dead from the start of the game. try moveing the dead ruffian west then bring it back to life it should apear back where it was before you moved it west.

------------------

#4 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2000 - 07:27 PM

You tried that? Posted Image

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#5 User is offline   Croax 

• Pip

Posted 07 August 2000 - 04:12 PM

Sometimes it changes into a puddle.
Alright, I'll ask a question now. If bodies ggo back to where they start from when they are brought back to life, how come, I managed to revive Timon out in the wild, but have his corpse still there? I do have to admit that I got him to rejoin out in the wild, and gave him his corpse to hold, but thats not the point. I've revived him elsewhere normally, and he changed back to life where he was standing.

------------------
Talk, talk, talk to myself!

#6 User is offline   Thursday 

• PipPip

Posted 10 August 2000 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, when I brought the spy back to life he turned into a bush. I couldn't do anything with him.

------------------
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch

Floating chunks of rock
Space bomb drops too soon- kaboom
time for escape pod
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch

Floating chunks of rock
Space bomb drops too soon, kaboom
Time for escape pod

#7 User is offline   supersaiyan 

Posted 18 November 2000 - 02:53 PM

What are you guys talking about? In LandKing Hall, there is the corpse of a ruffian? Where? How do I get to it?

------------------
I am the prince of all
Saiyans once again!
Bow to me!

#8 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2000 - 05:06 PM

One time I killed a guard, and he turned into a basket. I took the basket, filled it with water, and ta-freakin`-da!: The basket turned into a laddle. Posted Image

supersaiyan: Secret door behind plant in Magpies room. North. Through illusionary wall. Into room with ten braziers. Continue west through second illusionary wall. Continue. South. East. There he is! NOTE: Maybe I mixed up east and west. If I did, forgive my stupidity.

------------------
"Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you don`t get information from a corpse"
--SEAL motto
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users