• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chronicles...

#26 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 October 2000 - 07:17 PM

Kinda like the Briefing room for ares and the Officer's club.

The Briefing room is used for questions and the like, and the officer's club is for bars and stories (like the buildup).

Chronicles, hmmm... I don't know about that. I know you mean like one person submits a big story and then people comment on it and stuff. I'm not sure about that, but we really could use another board.

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#27 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2000 - 07:28 PM

Originally posted by andrew:
Perhaps you should read the question I asked a bit more closely.  I'm quite aware people are posting stories on the web board; what I asked was whether it warranted making a Chronicles area.

Hmmm..., hope you realize I was just kidding. It read like your post was terse. Serious about you joining one of the stories, that would be awesome. (Us Cythera Board regulars could feel special Posted Image ) Anyway, yes I am in favor of a Chronicles Webboard. Avatara mentioned something about Chronicles being one long story by one person and then the others comment on it. By Chronicles, I just mean the sort of story post's we are doing now.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.
Growth through the Cross.

#28 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2000 - 07:41 PM

Kestrel:

So in other words, you mean what slayer said. Try looking at the Ares chronicles, and see what I think of as chronicles. What we are posting in is "team stories."

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#29 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2000 - 01:35 AM

Uh-oh, nope, I don't mean Chronicles. I mean team stories. Although I would post on a Chronicles also.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

#30 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2000 - 11:46 PM

So what are you thinking Andrew?

------------------

#31 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 12:19 PM

Originally posted by andrew:
Perhaps you should read the question I asked a bit more closely.  I'm quite aware people are posting stories on the web board; what I asked was whether it warranted making a Chronicles area.

Of course it does!

------------------
Fanatic has begun posting in web boards other than Cythera.

#32 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 12:58 PM

Amen to that.

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#33 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 03:44 PM

Amen to that. (I seem to be saying this alot lately)

------------------

#34 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 03:49 PM

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
go ahead. do it. it's already been done and it didn't get close to two pages!

Well, both of the older ones are two pages and are doing nicely. I really believe we should have another forum for stories, not chronicles. (there's a difference)

------------------

#35 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2000 - 01:32 AM

I like the idea of stories more than chronicles, although both would be cool.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users