Ambrosia Software Web Board: Something is Definitely not Greek - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something is Definitely not Greek

#1 User is offline   Croax 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2000 - 02:48 PM

I noticed the secret about Alarics room filled with the lamps. I understand it to be a refference to some part of Jewish Mysticism. I also know that it is based off of something called the Tree of Life, which just happens to be an entry in a string resource in the Cythera Data. The entry is placed with collection of others which happen to be the names of places such as LKH, Cademia, etc. Is this a real place? Why is this even here?

------------------
Talk, talk, talk to myself!

#2 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2000 - 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Croax:
I noticed the secret about Alarics room filled with the lamps. I understand it to be a refference to some part of Jewish Mysticism. I also know that it is based off of something called the Tree of Life, which just happens to be an entry in a string resource in the Cythera Data. The entry is placed with collection of others which happen to be the names of places such as LKH, Cademia, etc. Is this a real place? Why is this even here?

I highly suspect that there are a huge number of levels like that, which will only show up after a time. Either that or it was put in as an Easter Egg for hackers. I don't know where the maps are stored, but I would reccomend looking for them. It's possible that the first couple entries in the hex map resource (this is all hypothetical, I've never looked) would contain the ID number of the STR resource that is its name.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users