Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera vs. UltimaVI

#1 Guest_ProXimity_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 December 1999 - 02:38 AM

Ok, first of all HELLO everyone!

I am involved in a program called PiXELS:3D. Some of you may of heard of it (no, I am not trying to solicite.) Anyway, I was given the Ambrosia URL because I needed a screen capture utility for bug reporting.
Browsing around, I came across Cythera. I just wanted to take a moment and say how excited I am to try this puppy out when I get home tonight!
I am a long time fan of the Ultima series, and when stumbling across Cythera, I couldn't help but notice the simularity between the two graphics engines. Don't get me wrong, I love this!! It's truly hard to find an CRPG w/ the amount of details commited to *world-objects* as was the Ultima series. Reading some different reviews, I was discerned by what some reviewers said concerning "outdated graphics" and "hair-pulling midi's." I haven't even played the game, however, I already know I will enjoy it from what I have seen.
Maybe I have just been playing games for far too long, but I still remember what it was like to initially play such games, and actually HEAR music while playing. Some of you old timers may remember playing Ultima V on your Apple //e w/ a Mockingboard or Phazor sound card. Funny, that was the last Ultima they made for Apple... Anyway, I think this game has great potential, and can go far in the CRPG world!!

Thanks!

ProXimity

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users