Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Now!!

#1 Guest_Tricky_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 1999 - 06:12 AM

So I've completed the game ....

there isn't much for me to do (my only use of Slayer's Webpage was when I was completely stuck and found out about putting the first two Crolna together).

However I feel empty ...

On the two other Ambrosia games EV & EVO I have the games don't die. Plug-ins and the like allow people to continue to enjoy them for long after the event.

Is there any hope of similar things happening with Cythera - new (multiple) scenarios et al .....

Duan

#2 Guest_Paradox09_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 1999 - 01:52 PM

According to a preview in Mac Addict there is supposed to be extra scenarios and a sequel coming out some time...

#3 User is offline   CynicX32 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 October 1999 - 01:08 PM

I feel the same way. Cythera just seems limited to me. I mean, the plot was really going on when you get to the point that you have to pay, but after that - eh. And then you're done. Maybe you can play again in 5 years, after you forget everything, but.

As for sequels - I'd imagine that, with the complexity of designing them, they'd be sold as seperate games. So once you finish the main Cythera scenario, you've gotten all you're getting for your money.

Not that I'm bitter or anything,
ryan

#4 User is offline   nobody 

Posted 01 November 1999 - 06:11 PM

If you do the math, if you spend 50 hours playing Cythera, it only costs $0.50 per hour. Or, if you are realy fast, and only take 10 hours, you are only paying $2.50 per hour. That does not seem like too much to pay for a nifty game
"Then enemy gate is down"
-Ender, "Ender's Game"

#5 User is offline   CynicX32 

Posted 01 November 1999 - 08:06 PM

Sure, but it's all relative. I've probably played Bubble Trouble for at least a thousand hours, which averages out to some infinitesimal (sp?) cost.

ryan

#6 User is offline   Zelda 

• Fairy God Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 November 1999 - 05:20 PM

I was under the impression that new scenarios will be released using the Delver engine, so that subsequent scenarios won't be as expensive as the first game. Sort of like what Fantasoft does with Realmz. Now, that's what was being said a couple of years ago; I have no idea if it's still true today. But it should be.

---Zelda
Traipsing merrily through a spring meadow. Tossing out rose petals. Singing tralala!! I love EVERYONE!! (And Bege was afraid of my new sig. Silly Bege.)

I may be small but I have the strength of ten cats.

My BF's advice: "Take a deep breath. Step back. Count to ten. Then shut-up and LISTEN!

#7 User is offline   Ereid 

• PipPip

Posted 04 November 1999 - 05:25 PM

Does anybody have recommendations of other games like Cythera (preferably downloadable from somewhere)? Of course, I would only want something to amuse me until the next game from Ambrosia Posted Image
The [url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel"]Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide[/url] (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

#8 User is offline   Zelda 

• Fairy God Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 November 1999 - 05:50 PM

If you're looking for another roleplaying game, try one of the Exile games or Nethergate. They're found at www.spidweb.com.

---Zelda
Traipsing merrily through a spring meadow. Tossing out rose petals. Singing tralala!! I love EVERYONE!! (And Bege was afraid of my new sig. Silly Bege.)

I may be small but I have the strength of ten cats.

My BF's advice: "Take a deep breath. Step back. Count to ten. Then shut-up and LISTEN!

#9 User is offline   Alan Mercury 

• JC Jesús
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 1999 - 03:27 PM

What would sure be nice is a Delver editor. It would be like a Harry editor, but you wouldn't just create a setting and time, but you could create many scenarios that intertwine together in a large plot. That way we can always be playing/designing Cythera's! Wouldn't that be neat?
Development & Operations

so can i be real?? AND THATS REAL!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users