Ambrosia Software Web Board: Would you call this a "bug" in Cythera? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Would you call this a "bug" in Cythera?

#1 User is offline   JimGPhynn 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 1999 - 10:07 PM

Let's face it. Jason's already going to eat bugs next year after a few of the problems were unearthed in Cythera, so that's not my reason for this posting.

My character in Cythera is a female. There are a few characters who refer to my character in the third person, most notably what'shisname, Opheltius's younger brother, who's always hanging around the bar and inn in Odemia. (When you talk to him, he always says "There he is!"

Would you call it a bug that my female character, when referred to in the third person, is a "he"?

Let's face it. Try to talk to someone -- anyone -- who is asleep, and that someone suddenly takes on a plurality because the system says "They are asleep," which should only apply to a sleeping seldane.
"The big innovation of XP is that it has a back door that sucks out all your proprietary information and presents it to Microsoft to sell back to you or any retailer. That's the big innovation of XP - a back door. By the way, it still runs all your favorite viruses." -- Sun Microsystems CEO Scott McNealy

#2 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 1999 - 11:15 PM

Many characters seem to have trouble identifying gender in this game.

Once, I started a game as a woman, then went back to my game where I was a guy. Ascalon learned the hard way that he shouldn't say "There she is!" to a guy with a mystic sword.
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

#3 User is offline   Croikle 

• PipPip

Posted 29 October 1999 - 04:54 PM

Wouldn't that make you really evil? I myself wouldn't want to have to make everyone leave because they would keep killing me. Once I mixed up the t key and the a key and killed Charax. Timon confused me and Hector and Meleager battered me to bits. Didn't that happen to you?
Join the Ambrosia Seti@home team!

#4 User is offline   JimGPhynn 

• PipPip

Posted 29 October 1999 - 05:31 PM

If you kill someone or steal something or do something a little ignoble, the other members in your party *will* start to attack you, but all you have to do is leave the town in which you did the deed, and they'll stop....

I found that out when I killed a beggar in Cademia I would have rather talked to...
"The big innovation of XP is that it has a back door that sucks out all your proprietary information and presents it to Microsoft to sell back to you or any retailer. That's the big innovation of XP - a back door. By the way, it still runs all your favorite viruses." -- Sun Microsystems CEO Scott McNealy

#5 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 1999 - 07:34 PM

I, of course, reverted after I killed the guy.
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users