Ambrosia Software Web Board: Scylla Temple & Others (spoilers) - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scylla Temple & Others (spoilers)

#1 User is offline   robsteely 

• Group: Members

Posted 09 October 1999 - 08:56 PM

From previous posts, I gather that one of the 742-Will to Union rings is in the temple. Where is it? I searched the entire temple (I think) and couldn't find it. I found the secret passage in the fountain room and retrieved the glowing sword. In all, I found three portions of the cavern. Upper part with two chests, middle portion and lower. The lower two portions boarder a lake. I searched all of the skeletons. Found a pouch with some oboloi but nothing else. What am I missing? Where are the chambers for the inner brotherhood that Tavara's note refers to? Also, are there two NW strongholds, or just the disappearing one plus the temple? I have only located the temple and Charax's house.

Also, what do I need to do to convince Prusa to give me that sapphire book? I have the other nine and I really want into that final hall in Pynx. I've been working on her for three days now, and she's about to become lightning bolt bait. It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Thursday 

• PipPip

Posted 09 October 1999 - 09:11 PM

Here is where the ring is:
SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go into the Gem Dealers house at night. Search the room. I think it's in his desk.
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch

Floating chunks of rock
Space bomb drops too soon, kaboom
Time for escape pod

#3 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 1999 - 11:15 PM

Check out http://ucf.edu/~bd12842/mSapp.htm for information on all of the Sapphire books.
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

#4 User is offline   Zelda 

• Fairy God Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 October 1999 - 12:37 PM

The ring you're looking for isn't found in the temple, it's found in a strong hold NE of Pnyx. It's found near the disappearing one. I know the gem dealer has one, but I was under the impression that one wouldn't work. Does it?

As for Prusa, I don't know how to help but just to say that persistance pays off. I visited her three times before I got the book, and each time I saw her I would click on her about thirty times. She's got lots to say...it's possible that she needs to say EVERYTHING before she gives you the book.
Traipsing merrily through a spring meadow. Tossing out rose petals. Singing tralala!! I love EVERYONE!! (And Bege was afraid of my new sig. Silly Bege.)

I may be small but I have the strength of ten cats.

My BF's advice: "Take a deep breath. Step back. Count to ten. Then shut-up and LISTEN!

#5 Guest_Pascal_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 October 1999 - 01:22 PM

What does this ring do? I cured Alaric without knowing about them.

#6 User is offline   robsteely 

Posted 10 October 1999 - 03:48 PM

Thanks. I found both 742-Will to Union rings. The one with the diamond is found in the dungeon of the northernmost stronghold on the western side of the mountain range. It allows you to enter the other stronghold located slightly SE of it. The plain 742 ring that I swiped in Kosha doesn't seem to do anything at all. And you can't use them on each other. My whole problem was that I didn't realize that the strongholds were so far east. There not even remotely close to the temple or Charax's house. They were located in the only black spaces I still had on the map.

As for Prusa, I'll keep trying to get that %#$^$# book. Just for the heck of it, I saved the game and blasted her with a lightning bolt. Pretty wimpy magess. Went down with one bolt. Unfortunately, the book was not on her smoldering corpse and Hector was none too pleased with my lack of manners. So, I guess I'll keep talking to her.

#7 User is offline   Thursday 

• PipPip

Posted 10 October 1999 - 07:32 PM

"Oh yes. I'm the most powerful maggess in the land and..."

ZAAAAAAAPPPPPP!

*sizzle sizzlie*

Posted Image
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch

Floating chunks of rock
Space bomb drops too soon, kaboom
Time for escape pod

#8 User is offline   Alan Mercury 

• JC Jesús
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 1999 - 08:10 PM

I smell bacon! Yummmm! Posted Image
Development & Operations

so can i be real?? AND THATS REAL!!!

#9 Guest_wrsoland_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 October 1999 - 10:19 PM

I've heard you need all the mystical stuff before she will give you the book. I've got the helmet and had the spear but lost it in battle (I don't know why). Is there a way to get it back? Are there other mistical things I should know about?

#10 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 1999 - 10:34 PM

I'm reasonably certain that you have to have all the pieces of the crolna to get the book from Prusa.
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

#11 User is offline   Zelda 

• Fairy God Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 1999 - 12:08 AM

Actually, when I got the book..I only had three pieces.
Traipsing merrily through a spring meadow. Tossing out rose petals. Singing tralala!! I love EVERYONE!! (And Bege was afraid of my new sig. Silly Bege.)

My BF's advice: "Take a deep breath. Step back. Count to ten. Then shut-up and LISTEN!

#12 User is offline   Ereid 

• PipPip

Posted 12 October 1999 - 07:02 AM

I have all ten books, only two pieces of the Crolna, and no mystical weapons or anything like that. I think getting the book from Prusa is either a matter of how many times you've visited/talked to her, or it may be a function of where people are standing when you talk to her. It may also help if she stands still; I noticed that she seems to always be moving around, but when I got the book from her she had stood still for a couple turns before I talked to her. In general, I think the best advice is "Have patience". Good luck.
The [url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel"]Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide[/url] (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

#13 User is offline   Zelda 

• Fairy God Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 1999 - 04:27 PM

Yep! I think you're correct. If at first you don't succeed...try and try and try and try and TRY again! Persistance is what works. And, as you pointed out in another folder, you need to have version 1.03. It was apparently impossible in earlier versions.

Golly...when do I get to be a REAL member?! Posted Image I wonder...why there's a difference...am I on some sort of trial period here? Is there a vote? Posted Image Don't respond. I'm just whining. It'll pass.

#14 User is offline   Ereid 

• PipPip

Posted 12 October 1999 - 05:50 PM

Hey Zelda, from one Junior Member to another Posted Image, here's the answer to your question: I read on some thread on one of the other web boards that the secret to being "upgraded" to a Member is in the number of posts you've done. Apparently the magic number is twenty.
The [url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel"]Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide[/url] (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

#15 User is offline   Glenn 

• been here far too long
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 1999 - 02:40 PM

Regarding wrsoland's question about losing the Mystic Spear:
If you throw the spear at someone and kill them, the spear "disappears" and is now "carried" by the corpse/carcass or whatever. (I'm not sure what exactly happens with polyps and such that disappear - someone should check this.) Look on the corpse and you should see the spear. If you leave the area and come back, the spear *might* be lying on the ground where you left it, or it might not. One thing that seems to always cause permanent loss, though, is with wild animals like unicorns and titans. If you kill one by throwing the spear at it, then destroy the carcass into meat (you can do this bare-handed even - talk about strength! :-> ) the spear will disappear forever, lost with the destruction of the carcass. Annoying, no?

Glenn
"I don't really care either way on either topic, but I feel the need to express my ambivalence to make others care about my lack of caring." - mrxak
"The amount of useless things I wrote is truly staggering." - andrew

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users