Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Chronicles: Fanatic's Account OfThe Undine Stronghold Part I: The Journey - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Chronicles: Fanatic's Account OfThe Undine Stronghold Part I: The Journey

#1 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2000 - 06:03 PM

&lt&lt &lt [url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=52&forum=*Cythera+Chronicles&DaysPrune=25&article=000020&startpoint="]http://www.AmbrosiaS...020&startpoint=[/url]&gt

Fanatic's Account Of The Undine Stronghold Part I: the Journey

Something was being whispered from doorstep to doorstep in Kosha, but when I asked anybody, they would just say: "You wouldn’t be interested. Go away." But when I asked Itanos, the judge, he said, "There is rumor that a great expedition is being led to the falls in the swamp."
Of course I couldn't pass up a chance like this! Possible Treasure! I started packing my bag right away. At 4:00 the following day, I set out running toward them. At first, they were tiny dots, then after a few minutes, I barely saw four tiny figures, talking. I kept running, and in a few minutes, they looked in my direction. When I finally got to where I could see thier faces, I recognized three of them: Slayer, Avatara, and Kestrel.
"Rumors are spreading like wildfire that an expedition is being led to the falls in the south! I myself was in Kosha when I heard the rumor." I exclaimed.
"What are your intentions?" Slayer asked.
"To join you of course--who is that?" Fanatic asked, eying a tall figure with a huge axe.
Kestrel interrupted, "Our purpose is our own, and you would do well not to chastise those who rid us if vermin like this." Kestrel pointed to an unconcious figure lying on the ground. "What is YOUR purpose for being here, for I know of no owner of this land, save the crown. You speak of being our executioner, I do not feel executed just yet." At this Kestrel drew a sword. Blue sparks seemed to drip from its naked blade. "Are you here to help or hinder? Speak quickly, for we have need of haste, and if you are to be an enemy, we should like to dispose of you quickly and be on our way," Kestrel said plainly.
Avatara stepped up to back up Kestrel, drawing his runeblade as he did so. A blue aura starts faint, then grows around Avatara as he powers up his magical abilities.
I glanced around, thinking, 'who is this tall stranger? what does he want with us?' I noticed Avatara building up energy and Kestrel's sparkling sword.
The tall stranger answered: "I am a friend...for now."
"He speaks the truth," I said, "He will be our 'Friend' for now but later he will turn on us. Let him stay, for he will be of great value."
"Ah, you see well, Fanatic," Slayer said
Kestrel agrees: "This kid is better than I thought, and he knows a little magic. There is no doubt that this kid will be useful."
Fanatic responds, "Of course I’ll be useful--WHO ARE YOU CALLING KID?"
Rogan put his sword down. "It is good to know that you are a friend," he says, looking at the tall stranger who introduced himself as Eldargon. "Oh, I don’t think anyone told me what I am about to embark on. Was there something about a stronghold?"
Kestrel said, "Indeed, we are travelling to a newly discovered stronghold of the Undine, before they would grow so strong as to be unassailable at thier own fortress. We must hurry for I fear that our time is limited. Let us be off now, all of us, including our mute, freind for now, companion." With that, Kestrel strode off southwards, once again heading for the Undine Stronghold, with the others close behind.
"Undine...I have been in some strongholds before, killing some liches and demons. I once foung this ring." Rogan holds up a golden ring with a ruby to the rest of the party. "I discovered the ring in a tomb a long time ago. It seems to strengthen my body in some mysterious way. In fact, I found my sword, Excalibur, in the same place. I do not know if there is a connection, but the sword is quite powerful. I once sliced a hydra in half, and..."
"Shall we proceed?" Slayer interrupted, "I think attacking by sunset isn't a bad idea."
And so our party approached the stronghold under cover of darkness. I had proposed to attack at night. The journey through the swamp was difficult. If it wasn't asps biting at my feet it was the mosquitos buzzing around my face. We battled our way through swamp gators and snakes of all kinds. Many of us were bitten by insects that were hiding in the stagnant and stench-filled water of the swamp. Fortunately, most of us had learned healing magic in Pnyx, so the poison wasn't a problem. Finally, we reached the waterfall that hid the Undine Stronghold. We stepped through the rushing water. What we saw astonished us.. The hidden caverns seemed to extend forever...

&lt&lt &lt [url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=52&forum=*Cythera+Chronicles&DaysPrune=25&article=000020&startpoint="]http://www.AmbrosiaS...020&startpoint=[/url]&gt

[This message has been edited by Slayer (edited 04-24-2001).]

#2 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for posting my article. THANK YOU!!!

------------------
Location: Up Yer Butt And Around The Corner Where The Mushrooms Grow And The Sun Don't Shine!

#3 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 12:17 PM

Dont forget to wait for my next two articles:
Fanatic's Account Of The Undine Stronghold Part II: The Stronghold,
and:
Fanatic's Account Of The Undine Stronghold Part III: Tavara's Ghost.
ill be busy this week!

------------------
Location: Up Yer Butt And Around The Corner Where The Mushrooms Grow And The Sun Don't Shine!

[This message has been edited by GameFanatic (edited 10-31-2000).]

#4 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 03:03 PM

Mee too. I`m writing...I think the keyboard is on overload Posted Image

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#5 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 10:31 AM

Don't forget to spell check, and put blank lines to separate paragraphs (it makes it a lot easier to read)

Great start, though!

------------------
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#6 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 10:52 AM

Great Job! When I finish the story on the 'New Story' thread, I'll try to do it. I wonder if anyone will finish the story on thread 'Once Again...'. Oh well, I guess noeone wants to continue it.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#7 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 November 2000 - 06:41 PM

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
Great Job! When I finish the story on the 'New Story' thread, I'll try to do it. I wonder if anyone will finish the story on thread 'Once Again...'. Oh well, I guess noeone wants to continue it.

Actually, its not a matter of 'do we want to?', its 'can we?' (with the exception of theKestrel). We mostly can't do anything until he continues the battle further, and I'm giving him until Sunday, 2PM webboard time to do so. Or else... :evil:

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#8 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 11:21 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
Actually, its not a matter of 'do we want to?', its 'can we?' (with the exception of theKestrel). We mostly can't do anything until he continues the battle further, and I'm giving him until Sunday, 2PM webboard time to do so. Or else... :evil:

*hides in a corner* Please don't do that....

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#9 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2000 - 08:14 AM

Please, don`t do that!

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#10 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2000 - 04:05 PM

Bah, you sons of bitches. Posted Image I do have other stuff to do, and you will be glad for it when I get done (I hope). I'll go post.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams
Growth through the Cross.

#11 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 06:57 PM

I meant we can't continue the story, not that we don't want to-I'm interested in getting that prologue out of the way.

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#12 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 07:37 PM

Nice. Here's a spell checked and somewhat edited version. If you want my editing services later, just tell me.

10-29-2000 06:03 PM

Fanatic's Account Of The Undine Stronghold Part I: The Journey

by GameFanatic[b]

Something was being whispered from doorstep to doorstep in Kosha, but when I asked anybody, they would just say: "You wouldn’t be interested. Go away." But when I asked Itanos, the judge, he said, "There is rumor that a great expedition is being led to the falls in the swamp."

Of course I couldn't pass up a chance like this! Possible Treasure! I started packing my bag right away. At 4:00 the following day, I set out running toward them. At first, they were tiny dots, then after a few minutes, I barely saw four tiny figures, talking. I kept running, and in a few minutes, they looked in my direction. When I finally got to where I could see their faces, I recognized three of them: Slayer, Avatara, and Kestrel.

"Rumors are spreading like wildfire that an expedition is being led to the falls in the south! I myself was in Kosha when I heard the rumor." I exclaimed.

"What are your intentions?" Slayer asked.

"To join you of course - who is that?" Fanatic asked, eying a tall figure with a huge axe.

Kestrel interrupted, "Our purpose is our own, and you would do well not to chastise those who rid us if vermin like this." Kestrel pointed to an unconscious figure lying on the ground. "What is YOUR purpose for being here, for I know of no owner of this land, save the crown. You speak of being our executioner, I do not feel executed just yet." At this Kestrel drew a sword. Blue sparks seemed to drip from its naked blade. "Are you here to help or hinder? Speak quickly, for we have need of haste, and if you are to be an enemy, we should like to dispose of you quickly and be on our way," Kestrel said plainly.

Avatara stepped up to back up Kestrel, drawing his runeblade as he did so. A blue aura starts faint, then grows around Avatara as he powers up his magical abilities.

I glanced around, thinking, 'who is this tall stranger? what does he want with us?' I noticed Avatara building up energy and Kestrel's sparkling sword.

The tall stranger answered: "I am a friend... for now."

"He speaks the truth," I said, "He will be our 'Friend' for now but later he will turn on us. Let him stay, for he will be of great value."

"Ah, you see well, Fanatic," Slayer said.

Kestrel agrees: "This kid is better than I thought, and he knows a little magic. There is no doubt that this kid will be useful."

Fanatic responds, "Of course I’ll be useful - [b]WHO ARE YOU CALLING KID?
"

Rogan put his sword down. "It is good to know that you are a friend," he says, looking at the tall stranger who introduced himself as Eldargon. "Oh, I don’t think anyone told me what I am about to embark on. Was there something about a stronghold?"

Kestrel said, "Indeed, we are traveling to a newly discovered stronghold of the Undine, before they would grow so strong as to be unassailable at their own fortress. We must hurry for I fear that our time is limited. Let us be off now, all of us, including our mute, friend for now, companion." With that, Kestrel strode off southwards, once again heading for the Undine Stronghold, with the others close behind.

"Undine... I have been in some strongholds before, killing some liches and demons. I once found this ring." Rogan holds up a golden ring with a ruby to the rest of the party. "I discovered the ring in a tomb a long time ago. It seems to strengthen my body in some mysterious way. In fact, I found my sword, Excalibur, in the same place. I do not know if there is a connection, but the sword is quite powerful. I once sliced a hydra in half, and..."

"Shall we proceed?" Slayer interrupted, "I think attacking by sunset isn't a bad idea."

And so our party approached the stronghold under cover of darkness. I had proposed to attack at night. The journey through the swamp was difficult. If it wasn't asps biting at my feet it was the mosquitoes buzzing around my face. We battled our way through swamp gators and snakes of all kinds. Many of us were bitten by insects that were hiding in the stagnant and stench-filled water of the swamp. Fortunately, most of us had learned healing magic in Pnyx, so the poison wasn't a problem. Finally, we reached the waterfall that hid the Undine Stronghold. We stepped through the rushing water. What we saw astonished us... The hidden caverns seemed to extend forever...

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]

[This message has been edited by Talos (edited 11-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Talos (edited 11-03-2000).]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#13 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Talos:
Nice. Here's a spell checked and somewhat edited version. If you want my editing services later, just tell me.

Well, it is much easier to read. Also, theKestrel finally posted so the plot can progress some more...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 11-03-2000).]

#14 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2000 - 07:42 AM

Originally posted by Avatara:
Well, it is much easier to read. Also, theKestrel finally posted so the plot can progress some more...

Looks like Part I of 'Once Again...' has finished. I (as the starter of the topic) have decided to fix it up and put it on the chronicles. If you want to help, look at the "Once Again... Part I: writing" topic.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#15 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2000 - 07:33 PM

nice to see that you wrote your own story. see. it's much better than the follow up to mine that you wrote. Posted Image

------------------
(This space left intentionally blank.)

#16 User is offline   GameFanatic 

• PipPip

Posted 11 November 2000 - 02:05 PM

Hey thanks Posted Image

oh, and I'm BACK! Posted Image

------------------
"I will make this whole planet suffer!"
--Frieza

#17 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2000 - 03:39 PM

HTML! Just noticed! Cool!
------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

[This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 11-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 11-11-2000).]

#18 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2000 - 03:47 PM

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
HTML! Just noticed! Cool!

Yeah, that is so the authors can use HTML in their story if they want to. Please don't abuse it or it will be gone forever.

------------------

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users