Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Chronicles: The Undine stronghold...as Rogan experienced it. Part one: Eldargon - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Chronicles: The Undine stronghold...as Rogan experienced it. Part one: Eldargon

#1 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2000 - 12:36 PM

&lt&lt &lt [url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=52&forum=*Cythera+Chronicles&DaysPrune=25&article=000008&startpoint="]http://www.AmbrosiaS...008&startpoint=[/url]&gt

Journal: I am writing this down so that I can brag about it in the tavern later. What I am about to tell is a unbelieveable story!

I was on my way to Cademia when it happened. I had been in Odemia, selling some goods I had obtained. A client was waiting in Cademia and I had to hurry.
When I was walking across the bridge near Cademia, I realized someone was following me. A guy with a dagger. I ran across the bridge and he followed.
"Give me your money!" he shouted as he came towards me. When he was close enough, I kicked him in his stomach and punched him in the head.
He was about to throw his dagger at me when I gave him a second punch, this one so hard that he fainted. I looked around, maybe there were more of his kind
around I thought, and it was at that time my adventure started. I noticed three men staring at me. I drew my sword, Excalibur, and shouted "Friend or foe?".
"Depends," one of the men answered, "If that was a robber, then consider us friends." I walked towards them and I realized that they were great warriors.
"Good," I said. "I am Rogan. Who are you?". Before either one of them got a chance to answer, a sound was heard. A tall man with a huge axe stepped out of the foliage.
"I am Eldargon, your executioner," he said as he moved towards me. I am a tall man, but in this man's company I felt quite tiny.
"Your noise can be heard from miles away," he said, "more of these robbers will come now to aid their companion. All because of your arrogance.
Be quiet, or I may just have to shut your mouth." I wanted to say something, but his height and the size of his axe stopped me.
The tall man turned to the three other men and said: "What is your purpose in entering this area?"
--------------------
Again, before anyone had the chance to reply a figure appeared in the distance. He caught up and told us that his name was Fanatic. "Rumors tell about an expedition to
the waterfalls in the south!" he said, "I came all the way from Kosha! This is an opportunity of a lifetime! And who did I find? You!" He laughed.
One of the men who I did not know replied "What are your intentions?" Fanatic then made it clear that he wished to join them. The three men looked doubtfully on him.
He then said, "I like to think of myself as adventurous and intelligent and I also know some magic..." He paused and looked at Eldargon. "Who is that?" he continued.
One of the men interposed himself between me and the tall Eldargon. "Why do our purposes concern you? And is it not good that someone like Rogan has the guts to
take out vermin like that?" he said, pointing at the unconscious robber. "What is YOUR purpose then?" he continued, "because you have no right to act like some kind of owner
of Cythera. That right is for our good king Alaric only. You are some kind of executioner, you said? I am not executed yet." The man then drew his sword, a large blade
with a mysterious blue light just like my own, except my sword glowed red. "Are you here to help or hinder?" the man with the glowing sword continued, "Speak quickly,
for we are in a hurry and if you are to be an enemy we would like to get rid of you now and move on".
The second man stepped to back up the man with the sword. He drew an axe as he said: "Don’t give me a reason to..."
The man with the sword cleared his throat and said: "What’s it going to be?" I noticed that Fanatic cast a lie-detecting spell and whispered something to the man with the sword.
Suddenly, I forgot all about my client and became curious: What were these men up to before the tall man with the axe arrived? Time to open your mouth, I thought.
I then drew my sword. The red sparks glowed brightly. I said: "Who are you? An enemy? A friend? I want to join these men and I want to know if I should watch my back.
Eldargon looked down at me, making me feel much smaller. He said with a dark voice: "I am a friend...for now". I powered up my magic.
Fanatic signals for me and the three others to gather. He whispered: "He tells the truth. He is a friend for now but later he will turn on us, though I do not know when.
What I know is this: As long as he is our friend he will be of valuable service." "Good. You see well," one of the men said. The one with the sword said: "Yes, the kid is better
than I thought in the first place. He will be useful, no doubt." "Who are you calling KID?!" Fanatic replied, "I’m every bit of TWENTY-ONE!!!"
We laughed pretty good, even Eldargon laughed. We introduced ourselves. The man with the sword's name was Kestrel. The man with the axe was Avatara and the third
man's name was Slayer. I felt a little stupid because I really didn't know entirely what I was about to embark on. I asked Kestrel and he explained everything about the
Undine Stronghold he had been inside. We started to walk, and for every little inch, I always had one eye on Eldargon.
Little did we know that not one of us knew what we were embarking on.
TO BE CONTINUED...

&lt&lt &lt [url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=52&forum=*Cythera+Chronicles&DaysPrune=25&article=000008&startpoint="]http://www.AmbrosiaS...008&startpoint=[/url]&gt

[This message has been edited by Slayer (edited 04-24-2001).]
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#2 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2000 - 10:27 AM

Hehehe, nice. I think I like being this bad @$$ guy Posted Image

------------------
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#3 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2000 - 11:09 AM

A story is never exciting without some bad guys Posted Image

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.

#4 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2000 - 01:01 AM

Nice Rogan....I just might have to post my own version, seeing as you guys are posting these kickass ones! Posted Image Posted Image

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams
Growth through the Cross.

#5 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2000 - 05:11 PM

Thanks! Posted Image I`ll post part two soon.

------------------
"Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you don`t get information from a corpse"
--SEAL motto

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users