• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vegeta's idea2

#51 User is offline   Nemesys 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2002 - 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Skyfox:
Starmap, positioning of the planets, build rates of the planets, asteroid belts, etc.

Ah, I see. Heh I always just make that stuff up as I go along(planet placement etc). Once you put that together could you email it to me? I'd like to take a stab at putting the mission outlines together next week during April vacation.

Not all the systems are 10 light-years away. Centuri is 4.4 light-years from earth. Sirus is 8.7 light-years. A spaceship traveling at 30% of the speed of light could get there and back within 60 years. If a spacecraft went as fast as light, they could be to get to Centuri and back in 8.8 years. Sirus and back in 17.4 years. (there was a news article about space travel in the morning paper, so that's where i got it.)
Nevertheless, i agree about dropping the "gained independence" thing.

Hrm, your right and wrong at the same time Posted Image . While the distance was off a bit I guess, you also have to take into consideration acceleration time. It's not easy to get to 1/3c and a sublight craft using real physics would only reach the "top speed" for a brief moment in the center of it's trip before turning around and beginning to decelerate. But no one cares anyways because its just a game Posted Image I'm glad we agree Posted Image

------------------
Patrick in Exile
Patrick in Exile

#52 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 08 April 2002 - 10:35 AM

You got the e-mail skyfox?

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#53 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2002 - 05:24 PM

Originally posted by 9024:
You got the e-mail skyfox?

Yep.

Nemesys: I've produced about 31 sounds(from the sounds you sent me) that will suit. I'm sending it over now. I already sent the CF2 Sprites, did you get them?

------------------
It's time for a new challenge.
[url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/benedwards/.cv/benedwards/Public/Ares1.2/StarsAreFire%3AC4.sit-binhex.hqx"]The Stars Are Fire[/url]-A TC for Ares
...And so the human race reached for the stars, unknowing of the dangers that awaited them...
"Not even time to finish my cake?"
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

#54 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2002 - 02:58 AM

Recked your copy of hera yet???? Posted Image

nothings geting better on the subject of cargo drones/ mine laying drones, also im going to down load another copy on to my i book insted of my i mac, see if that makes any diference, it will mean making all the ships and weps again but it wont take that long. Have any of you had problemes like this before?

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

[This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-10-2002).]

#55 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 11 April 2002 - 04:46 AM

Ive had some ideas wile reading through V's i 1:
Nuclear missiles could be made by planets and leave them where there built so you can have big bombardments, the planet makes them then you order them to go to where ever you want them to go or even fly them your self !, they would have only STL engins (so you have a chance of geting them before they get you but just fast anough so its hard shooting them down) and have protective shilds and maby a wep of some sort (to shoot at enimy anti missile syistems). These could be made as ships that could colide that can have destanation, can turn, can acsept destanation...... with a damage of 10000 or somthing.

also there iis half a bilion of ways of stoping these, each race could have a unique way of stoping them, maby useing missiles, small fast craft with rapid fireing guns, even smaller craft that colided with them, ships with flack despencers flying infront of it using FTL and seting it off, or some other sort of flack despencers laying down huge filds of flack that the missile just colides with..... the list is almost endless.

I have also thought about the fact that you and your ships can be almost any where verey quickly because of FTL travle, if Skyfox hase the planets very far apart, it would make it imposible to be in any place very quickly, so you have to antisipate your enimys move ments and send your ships before him/her and use scout craft to find out what ships are in those big red blobs on the screen, adding another tactical option to the small list. Another thing that this would cause is you would have to make defence fleets around planets and out posts, adding the option of having things like defence drones, or two stage ships to stay behind. Prhaps you could make a imovable ship that looks like the planet adding ground baced weps.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#56 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2002 - 07:08 PM

Recked your copy of hera yet???? Posted Image

nothings geting better on the subject of cargo drones/ mine laying drones, also im going to down load another copy on to my i book insted of my i mac, see if that makes any diference, it will mean making all the ships and weps again but it wont take that long. Have any of you had problemes like this before?

Nope, everything looks fine. Altough, all i see is the Boa, Boa Carrier, ModFrigate2.
The main thing that is causeing your trouble is that you didn't put these in a blank file. The standered Ares things are messing yours up. So next time open the templeate file in the Hera folder called "Factory Blessed Objects" and insert your ships into the clean file.
That should clean up a lot of your trouble.

P.S.
The CF2, CF1, CF3 and EF ship specs are all on [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000322-2.html"]This[/url] page.
Im trying to get the systems done first(Almost done, graphics are the only things left). Then i can pitch in and do the CF3 specs.
------------------
[url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/benedwards/.cv/benedwards/Public/Ares1.2/StarsAreFire%3AC4.sit-binhex.hqx"]The Stars Are Fire[/url]-A TC for Ares
...And so the human race reached for the stars, unknowing of the dangers that awaited them...

[This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 04-11-2002).]
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

#57 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 12 April 2002 - 05:23 AM

Nope, everything looks fine. Altough, all i see is the Boa, Boa Carrier, ModFrigate2.
The main thing that is causeing your trouble is that you didn't put these in a blank file. The standered Ares things are messing yours up. So next time open the templeate file in the Hera folder called "Factory Blessed Objects" and insert your ships into the clean file.
That should clean up a lot of your trouble.

P.S.
The CF2, CF1, CF3 and EF ship specs are all on This page.
Im trying to get the systems done first(Almost done, graphics are the only things left). Then i can pitch in and do the CF3 specs.

Ok i will clean up the file, then start on the other ships. Dont know why you can only see those ships.

I have worked out how to make the mine layers and i think how to make the cargo drones. Iile get those working and send you a copy of the cleaned up file.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

[This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-12-2002).]

#58 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 12 April 2002 - 01:22 PM

im gona have to drop the cargo drone thing, unless some one wants to try to get it to work or knows how to make it work im going to stop atempting. Ive got every thing else working and ile send one of you (or both) a copy when i can.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#59 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2002 - 08:35 PM

im gona have to drop the cargo drone thing, unless some one wants to try to get it to work or knows how to make it work im going to stop atempting. Ive got every thing else working and ile send one of you (or both) a copy when i can.

Go ahead.

Mag: Why are all these AlterBaseTypes needed on the CF3 fighter. As far as i can see, we could just have it combined.

The systems are done.
The server i'm under is doing some strange things the past few days. Half the internet and this site arn't working under nearly all of my browsers.

------------------

#60 User is offline   Nemesys 

Posted 17 April 2002 - 08:05 AM

Mag: Why are all these AlterBaseTypes needed on the CF3 fighter. As far as i can see, we could just have it combined.
The flags for landing at a station and for landing at a planet are different.

------------------
Patrick in Exile
Patrick in Exile

#61 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 17 April 2002 - 02:31 PM

I sent you skyfox, a email if it didnt get to you well....... i wonder who got it then?
If no please tell me and ile send it to you.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

[This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-23-2002).]

#62 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2002 - 02:59 PM

I sent you skyfox, a email if it didnt get to you well....... i wonder who got it then?
If no please tell me and ile send it to you.

I got it, sorry I forgot to tell you.

Originally posted by Nemysis:
The flags for landing at a station and for landing at a planet are different.

Yea, i realized that, but how about we just combine the fighter and the ATrans configurations? Or, i'll have to try this idea out, set the first Arrive Action to Release EVAT's, the Second Action to Land At.

I HATE AOL as an internet browser!

------------------

#63 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 17 April 2002 - 03:06 PM

Ive got losa home work now im back at school, so i can only work on weekends (bloody sats).

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#64 User is offline   Nemesys 

Posted 21 April 2002 - 05:31 PM

Yea, i realized that, but how about we just combine the fighter and the ATrans configurations? Or, i'll have to try this idea out, set the first Arrive Action to Release EVAT's, the Second Action to Land At.

you dont want the fighter to randomly release evats when it gets to stations, otherwise you'd have like 60 evats get launched from a dozen fighters sent to capture a station.

------------------
Patrick in Exile
Patrick in Exile

#65 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2002 - 07:32 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Nemesys:
[/quote]
[B]you dont want the fighter to randomly release evats when it gets to stations, otherwise you'd have like 60 evats get launched from a dozen fighters sent to capture a station.
[/QUOTE]

I see now. Set the alters so that the AI wont always change to a Atrans whenever it reaches a station. You make the AI use it by selecting it and doing the Use Special. Ok, that makes sense.

------------------

#66 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2002 - 07:43 PM

How do you get a ship to AlterBaseType?

I tried makeing a weapon that when activated trigers AlterBaseType to the other ship, yet it wont work. I put a sound in front and anouther one after the AlterBaseType. The sound in front played, yet the one after didn't. Help please!
This is vital to makeing the CF3 Fighter work.

Also i tested your "Theif" actions 9024, yet it didn't work either.

------------------

#67 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2002 - 08:21 PM

Is the weapon supposed to alter the BaseType of the firing ship? Or is it a pulse that alters the BaseType of whatever it hits?
If the former, any Reflexive Alter BaseType should work fine.
If the latter, I suggest you consider other ways to work it, but any non-reflexive Alter BaseType will work.

------------------
"Welcome to our Pirate outpost. Please enjoy your stay, and realize that any irregular actions can and will be used against you in the afterlife."

#68 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2002 - 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
Is the weapon supposed to alter the BaseType of the firing ship? Or is it a pulse that alters the BaseType of whatever it hits?
If the former, any Reflexive Alter BaseType should work fine.
If the latter, I suggest you consider other ways to work it, but any non-reflexive Alter BaseType will work.

It's suppose to alter the ship that fired it. In my case i need to get the fighter to change into a transport. So i copied the LRPK Beam Cannon and instead of shooting a LRPK Beam when activated, it AlterBaseType to the transport. Yet it doesn't seem to work. It is reflexive.

------------------

#69 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2002 - 05:07 PM

Create a "tag" effect to see if the weapon is really firing. Copy the PKB Cannon, but instead of replacing the action, ADD the Alter BaseType to it. Then, if your PKB isn't created, you know the problem is somewhere other than the action itself. It might be energy, or range, or something along those lines.

------------------
"Welcome to our Pirate outpost. Please enjoy your stay, and realize that any irregular actions can and will be used against you in the afterlife."

#70 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2002 - 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
Create a "tag" effect to see if the weapon is really firing. Copy the PKB Cannon, but instead of replacing the action, ADD the Alter BaseType to it. Then, if your PKB isn't created, you know the problem is somewhere other than the action itself. It might be energy, or range, or something along those lines.

I tried something like that. As i said before, i put one sound in front of the AlterBaseType and one after. (set to a delay of 20 so they wouldn't get confused)
The sound in front of the AlterBaseType played.
The one after didn't.

Just tried it with the beam cannon as well, the beam in front of the AlterBaseType shot, the one after didn't.

------------------

#71 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 03 May 2002 - 08:31 AM

How do you get a ship to AlterBaseType?

I tried makeing a weapon that when activated trigers AlterBaseType to the other ship, yet it wont work. I put a sound in front and anouther one after the AlterBaseType. The sound in front played, yet the one after didn't. Help please!
This is vital to makeing the CF3 Fighter work.

Also i tested your "Theif" actions 9024, yet it didn't work either.

I dont know why the Theif actions arnt working, it was working when i used it.
Try making the wep compleatly from scrach again, maby its an over looked flag or somthing.

I am having to put the CF1 and the earth ships on hold untill ive compleated my sats (which start on tuseday and last all week) i dont think that i can revise and program 15 A4 pages of ship stats into hera in the same day.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#72 User is offline   Blood Eagle 

• PipPip

Posted 03 May 2002 - 07:05 PM

I can also help with programming weps and ships. But I warn you, there are limits to my programming.
How's the progress?

------------------
"A life without danger is no life at all."

#73 User is offline   9024 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 04:30 AM

Originally posted by Blood Eagle:
I can also help with programming weps and ships. But I warn you, there are limits to my programming.
How's the progress?

The programing is going fine, but there are too many ships/weps and too few programers, so im shure you can help.

All the ship stats are [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000322-2.html"]Here[/url] .

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

#74 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 06:03 PM

I dont know why the Theif actions arnt working, it was working when i used it.
Try making the wep compleatly from scrach again, maby its an over looked flag or somthing.

I am having to put the CF1 and the earth ships on hold untill ive compleated my sats (which start on tuseday and last all week) i dont think that i can revise and program 15 A4 pages of ship stats into hera in the same day.

Odd. Tried it again today, worked one time but instead of altering the ship, it made several copies of the ATheif. Then on it didn't work anymore.

I have all the CF3 Ship completed, the fighter is the only thing that presents a problem, since i can't get it to change into a transport. Now working on the CF2 ships.

------------------

#75 User is offline   Blood Eagle 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 07:28 PM

Which ships need progmramming?

------------------
"A life without danger is no life at all."

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic