• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hera....

#1 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2001 - 02:38 PM

I can't quite get this thing to work. I've heard again and again how buggy it is, but I think I might be doing something wrong. I'm attempting to edit a scenario so that a ship will fly to one target, destroy it, and then move onto the next until either it is destroyed or all the targets are blown up. I tried to use the set destination alter action in the editor, but the ship seems to just ignore it. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.

------------------
Shrout1

#2 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2001 - 12:35 AM

Ok have your action editor open.
Use Set Destination flag. Down at the bottem you'll see two fields, subject override,direct override.
Type the number of the ship that you wan't to have directions changed into the subject override field.
Type the place that you want it to go to in the direct override field.
(the number of the ship can be found in the scenario editor.)

------------------
Truth is a double edged sword,
with it the ignorant newbie is beaten,
with it your mistakes are exposed.
"Not even time to finish my cake?"
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

#3 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2001 - 10:16 AM

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try, and since you helped me out I'll let you in on what I'm doing. I've been thinking that it would be pretty cool to play the game through from the other side's perspective, go through the game as the bad guys. When you play as a bad guy in the mission that he was desgined to be in, all the ships needed are there, so it's just a matter of getting the old player controlled ships to be controlled by the computer. I am also having a problem with the Easy Street mission in that even though I have the declare winner actions set to be opposite, you still lose if the transports make it home. What do you think of the idea?

------------------
Shrout1

#4 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2001 - 03:44 PM

You mean the canthreans?

I can't belive this! i had the very same idea a while ago.
I am very busy making "The Stars Are Also Fire" my first plug so the idea for "The Canthrean Crusiades" got shoved in a corner.
I still have the information i was going to put into it, i had all the mission names planed, a prolouge and other stuff.

If you wan't to make it i can send these files to you and offer support during the creation prosses.

Just let me know.

------------------
Truth is a double edged sword,
with it the ignorant newbie is beaten,
with it your mistakes are exposed.
"Not even time to finish my cake?"
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

#5 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2001 - 07:14 PM

I would love any info you have. What I plan on doing is having the player go through the game playing as the adversaries he would have otherwise faced in those levels. I pretty well have the Gaitori finished off, except for Shoplifter 1, and am just starting on the Cantharan missions. I am having some trouble, however, because I can't seem to get the astrominers to go anywhere and Astrotrash Plus is always - ALWAYS (I emphasize this) - freezing. I may just drop the asteroid missions. I would love your help and If I can get my AOL account working I will e-mail what I have right now to you and you can help me hammer it out. I haven't yet done work on the Prolouges but I do have all the briefings up to level 8 done. Oh yeah, my e-mail is C3PShrout--@--aol.com (ignore the hyphens) - I figured out what it had to do with Star Wars after I made it, but never bothered to change it, so just don't hate me for it.

------------------
Shrout1

This post has been edited by Shrout1: 16 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

#6 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 December 2001 - 03:45 AM

Note: Cantharan Order, racial plural Cantharans.

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic