Ambrosia Software Web Board: Ares related ways to confuse your roommate - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ares related ways to confuse your roommate

#1 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2000 - 07:34 PM

I was thinking about how cool the apperently halucenogen inspired topics on the old board were, and decided to start one:
Ares related ways to confuse your roommate.

1. Dress like a Salrilian. Attempt to eat them or attempt to dissect them.

2. Dress like a Ishiman. Act cowardly.

3. Dress like a Gatori. Act stupid.

4. Discuss ways of defeating entire Salrilian fleet. Works best if they have no clue about Ares.

5. Throw Dr. Pepper cans (or red balls, or similar) at them. Tell them they will face your fullereen pulse attack again if they get closer.

6. Buy lots of yellow foam balls. Place them around your room. Act annoyed that they don't seek and blow up your roommate.

7. Buy large amounts of red marbles. When they ask why, tell them you are gathering supplies of fusion pulses for your campagn against the evil Sals.

8. Make a 1 or 2 meter diameter sphere. Paint it like a planet. Act dissapointed that it doesn't build ships when you shout for it to.

9. Refer frequently to the impending Cantharan invasion. Pray to Zom and Doz for privelages.

10. When asked where you are going for vacation, talk about the glories of Ishima and how much fun seeing the rest of your litter (or whatever) will be.

For an explation, go [url="http://"http://www.msu.edu/user/dynicrai/lists/roomie.htm"]here[/url]. Consise explanation: humorous list of crazy stuff to do to confuse you college roommate.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#2 Guest_Boba Fett_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 January 2000 - 08:03 PM

I knew someone out there would listen to my post! I myself have completely confused a friend by talking about ares for about half an hour straight. Their response: Boba Fett... what? Ares... what? Hera, blah blah? Admiral Darkk? I dont understand a word you just said.

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

#3 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2000 - 09:26 PM

Common, somebody post more!
Remember, funny.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

macgamer.net

#4 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2000 - 09:28 PM

Common, somebody post more!
Remember, funny.

------------------

macgamer.net

#5 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 01 February 2000 - 06:33 PM

Build an Audemedon-complain that your high guard is useless
Create a Flak Drone-give your roommate engineering pods to protect him
Paint a Jumpgate on your wall and jump into it often (I did this in a dream once)
Replace your roommate's lamp with a moor while he sleeps, and complain that he's still moving.
Make frequent Commentaries on the state of the human campaign for Earth.
Categorize all the things in your room——by the race which is their color.
Say you're going to build one of the ships, and frequently ask your roommate for parts.
Say that your Salrillian Stealth Field needs recalibration whenever your roommate notices you.
Contantly ask when the Bazidanese Trading Post will be open
I'm sure there are others.

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my enemies. I save that for my allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger happy obiard

#6 Guest_Xyrus_*

Posted 01 February 2000 - 06:33 PM

I've got one. Talk about ow much you know about Ares ad they will realize that you are a reject with no life.

------------------
Alas, none of you have seen the Homeworld Light. Down with Ares!!!!!!!:P

#7 User is offline   Commander Cicion 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2000 - 08:01 PM

Carry a yellow jumprope around. If they get too near, whip them with it and comment upon the usefulness of T-space bolt rods.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

-Han Solo

#8 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2000 - 08:06 PM

Cool! HTML code is on! I like HTML...

------------------
Think Different.

-Admiral Dennis
[url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com"]mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com[/url]admiraldennis@mac.com

#9 User is offline   Newt 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2000 - 09:11 PM

Tell him that you're working on backwards engineering a salrilian stealth field, but you keep losing the prototype.

That's all I could think of right now.

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.
So I don't feel alone, or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe To bury my bones.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.
-Pink Floyd, Pigs on the Wing (pt. 2)

#10 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2000 - 10:30 PM

11. Build model prison cells. Throw foam balls or shpereical food at them while giving your roommate a live update on the status of the rescue effort.

12. Build a model bunker station. Scream when bugs land on it and then slap it and sprinkle salt on it. Explain the bunker station capture procces if they ask why. Claim the bugs are enemy troopers, the slap was to lower shields, and the salt was your troopers.

13. Buy a nerf gun that shoots orange foam balls. Fire it at your roommate. Complain about how the cheap the eject jammer you got doesn't work. Mention its claim to throw people through walls.

14. Scream about the cloaked Cantharan cruiser following you around. Point out bugs as instabilities in its stealth feild.

15. Debate Ares vs Star Wars™ with yourself loudly. Take several days to reach a stalemate.

16. Build a cantharan dummy (plastic variaty) with a large hole in its cheast. Tell your roommate you caught it spying in advance of the invasion.

------------------

macgamer.net

#11 User is offline   Squid Fizzy 

• PipPip

Posted 02 February 2000 - 03:13 AM

Get one of those light-rods (you know, those that start to glow green when you bend them), throw it at your roommate, then complain that P-K Beam cannons ain't what they used to be.

------------------
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Squid Fizzy (edited 02-04-2000).]
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

#12 Guest_Boba Fett_*

Posted 02 February 2000 - 11:23 AM

Throw blue balls of plasma, homing missiles, and those little lasar beams at your roommate and say that you are an Audemon HVD and that they were really starting to tick the salrillans off.

Wait until you're sure your roomate thinks you are sleeping and start saying things like: "No Admiral Darkk, the humans don't know. But we have to tell them sometime..."

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

#13 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2000 - 12:07 PM

That would be Fleet Admiral Darkk. Posted Image

------------------

macgamer.net

#14 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2000 - 12:13 PM

17. Pretend to fly your bed. Claim it is a Human gunship.

18. If your roommate fails something, scream him about his being unenlightened and beat him with the yellow jumprope.

19. Pretend to call the cantharans (on your phone) to come kill your roommate.

20. Refer to them by the color of their clothing eg if they wear black call them salrilian, if they wear blue call them obish.

------------------

macgamer.net

#15 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2000 - 12:33 PM

21. Get a life. That'll really confuse 'em.

#16 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 02 February 2000 - 03:57 PM

Constantly yell "And there's more space potatoes where that came from."

Complain about Astrominers and the pain you go through to protect them.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my enemies. I save that for my allies.

#17 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 02 February 2000 - 04:00 PM

Somehow I posted this twice. I'm editing this to have another joke..

Yell "AAHH! an Audemedon EVAT" whenever your roommate enters.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

[This message has been edited by caalaklael (edited 02-02-2000).]

#18 User is offline   Andrew M 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2000 - 04:46 PM

22) Paint a foam sphere like Mars and constantly yell 'ARES! ARES! ARES!' Works best when the roommate knows absolutely nothing about Ares.

I have gone and confused myself again…

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html"]~AM~[/url]

#19 Guest_El Barto_*

Posted 18 February 2000 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, well mabey we like Ares so much 'cause we don't need a G4 500 to run it!!! Posted Image

#20 Guest_El Barto_*

Posted 18 February 2000 - 09:36 PM

Oops... That was ment to be in reply to Xyrus' post...

#21 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 24 February 2000 - 12:42 PM

In the lack of better names Posted Image I decided to use Anonymous as my username. Posted Image

Well here´s what I´ve got:

Whenever your roommate happens to sneak behind you and scares the h*ll out of you, or something unpleasant happens, start cursing that you should get more data to your Sal Oracular Network so it could predict the next time something happens.

Or vice versa: If you happen to get unpredicted visitors, act like if you would know that they were coming. And when they ask you if you were surprised, tell them that "thanks to my Sal Oracular Network I was able to predict your visit".

Ask stupid questions from people and mumble something about your Oracular Network needing more information.

Get a green cardboardbox, some red sticks, grey foamballs and a big black trashbag. Dress yourself in green and put that box on. Go to some corner and hold the trahsbag *cloak* so you cannot be seen. When your roommate comes in turn off your cloak *drop the trashbag* and start throwing those sticks and foamballs at him, and pretend to be a Cantharan H-cruiser.

Get more foamballs and throw them at your roommate and curse the powerlesness of the cluster-cell array.

If you are having green peas with your lunch or whatever, start looking around and then look at the peas and then at your roommate. Then suddenly start yelling that you are overwhelmed by Cantharan fighters Posted Image and slap the peas as hard as you can. After that look satisfyed and tell your roommate that you have destroyed a whole fleet of fighters all by your self Posted Image

A Finnish game addict, The Anon.

------------------
Strange… just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field… but now I feel quite cold… And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

#22 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2000 - 06:19 AM

Ask your roommate weaher they have the spare parts ror an acceleration upgrade for your damn slow carriers. One thing: The Gatori are heaps fun to play with, especialy the destroyers. But not against Audemonmn... whatever.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

#23 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 25 February 2000 - 11:39 AM

Dangit I forgot these:

Buy some of that green goo stuff (like that Ghostbusters™ slime) and mold it into a ball and act annoyed when it doesn´t spawn and attack your roommate.

Put three cans in a triangular shape on the floor and act annoyed when they´re not forming a jump-point. (So you could get away from your boring roommate)

Get lots of rocks and plant them on the floor and call the Ishiman Space Mining Division (ISDM) that where are the astrominers when you need them to get rid of those asteroids on the floor.

Make a model Audemedon and pretend that you are using it as your computer´s AI
(I´ve got one and it´s working fine Posted Image though it sometimes tries to call home with the modem, luckily I´ve managed to stop it´s attempts before anything bad happens)

Whenever you see people dressed in green or black call them Cans and Sals.
(and shoot them)
And people dressed in blue or dark blue call them Ish and Obs.

Instead of yellow jumprope carry a purple stick around and claim that it is a Trazer beam.

And who said that none of have seen Homeworld light, Xyrus eh… not very nice guy I see. Well I´ve seen and played it, and it´s nice yeah, but Ares is better, OK.

I once shouted Ares… Hera… ARES!… HERA!… when I was asleep (luckily I was alone in home that time).
I can´t wait till Hera is released… and then some invisible text

And yeah.

Does anyone know where Finland is? (I know cuz I´m a Finn)
Does anyone know where Nokia celphones are (originally) made in?(Hint not Japan)
Just curious.

------------------
Strange… just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field… but now I feel quite cold… And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

#24 User is offline   Dr Tall 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2000 - 09:19 AM

Findlands in Europe by Norway and Sweeden....I think....

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

[url="http://"http://drtalll.tripod.com"]Dr Tall Land[/url]

#25 User is offline   Commander Cicion 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2000 - 04:40 PM

Put a really big green ball in your roomate's path and complain loudly when it doesn't blow up when he steps on it.

Build a model transport. When he is looking, slowly fly it to and put it on his bed, then give him a piece of red tape that says "Bed Beta Captured by (Your name)". Act like the bed is yours.

Do same as above but without the transport. Claim that a Salrilian transport landed on his bed.

Communicate with him only by writing what you want to say on pieces of green tape with < > on either side of the message.

Put a walkie talkie in your room and carry one with you. Whenever he is in your room and you are outside about to enter your room, pick up the walkie talkie and say "Let's go!" into it a few seconds before you open the door. Close the door as loudly as possible.

If the two of you are outside and you are about to start running, say "aaaahhhhHHHHHH-" for two seconds before you start and then "SHOOOM!!!" When you start.

Start building a stack of green blocks next to your bed. When the stack is too high for you to put any more on it, take it down and put a yellow block next to it. Then start the process again. Make a model power station and stack the blocks faster.

Build a huge, Aud color square and put it in the middle of your room. Refer to it as the "Huge Spaceborn Object" and ask him for help because you can't exit through your jumpgate on the wall.

------------------

-Han Solo

-Han Solo

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic