Ambrosia Software Web Board: Is anybody good at getting Player ships... - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is anybody good at getting Player ships...

#1 User is offline   The Sentinel 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2000 - 03:00 PM

Is anybody good at getting Player ships to blow up like the gate ship does in the last mission of Ares? Because I can succede in getting them to spit out astroids while I fly around like a lunitic having asteroids rain on Enmy ships, But that always goes on, even if You're not below zero sheilds. So I would like somebody to help me figure out how to make ships that I can fly Blowup like the Gate Ship. [I'm still a rookie at Hera]

Thanks,
The Sentinel [War Frigate]

#2 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2000 - 04:30 PM

I can't use Hera due to funky bugs with 1.1.1 (which I use more often), and this is just a guess.

Objects can't have different behaviors for alive/dead. You need to have the object dissapear and change. I think you can't BUILD ships that can do that, but you probably can FLY them if they're there at the start of the scenario.

------------------
*Error: target is violating the laws of physics*
*Error: target is locally exceeding c*
*Error: unable to determine if target exists or not*
*Error: target cannot be hit*
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#3 User is offline   Mag Steelglass 

• fogey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2000 - 04:42 PM

Of course you can build ships that can do that. As for how, have two ships of that type:
one that's fine and normal and healthy, and one that keeps making the explosions/asteroids, etc. and has an age. Set the one that's healthy to "don't die when destroyed." Set it's destroy sequence to alterbasetype, and make it change into the dying one. That's how it works in the last level, and how I did it in a plug I made.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

#4 User is offline   Pyro 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2000 - 05:10 PM

mag sums it up again Posted Image

------------------
"Who's next?"
-- Champion Maxwell Mokrev to an underling after leaping a fortress wall, killing 19 enemy SpaceMen, jumping into a tank, and crashing through all of the walls of the fortress, leaving nothing standing.
nickel count: 4

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users