Ambrosia Software Web Board: Hera only reason for public beta - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hera only reason for public beta

#1 User is offline   Joseph Strife 

• PipPip
  • Group: Imported Banned Users

Posted 06 July 2000 - 07:11 PM

I dont think Here was planned to be released to public, but the reasonn why they did was probably to cover up a mistake made by someone. Well, in Game Ranger, some idiot announced in the chat room, around 4 days before the public release, the site where Hera could be downloaded and the password. Well, i admit that i went straight to the site and downloaded it so yes i got it before the release and IT WAS VERY BUGGY! And then I told an Beta tester where i had got it from and it soon went around the whole chat room. So, everyone in GR knew and then a few days later its on public beta test. What do u think. Am i an idiot, or did they mess up in keeping it from getting out in the public, u decide. And at this poin i think Hera REALLY BUGGY!

------------------

#2 User is offline   123 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2000 - 09:50 AM

Well...

Beta testers are supposed to have signed something saying that they won't disclose any information marked as "confidential"

This doesn't prevent anyone else from finding the download site or someone's brother/sister looking over their shoulder.

------------------

#3 User is offline   Verad 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2000 - 10:57 AM

The private beta had weeded out the really nasty bugs. This public version is to tie up loose ends. (And belive me, the problems with Hera now are loose ends compared to what in had in the private release).

------------------
Verad
Ex-Taeskor and
Salrilian Auspex

#4 User is offline   Joseph Strife 

• PipPip
  • Group: Imported Banned Users

Posted 30 July 2000 - 08:44 PM

The private one I got and it was like a giant bug just sitting on my screen and to squash i had to throw it out.

------------------

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users