Ambrosia Software Web Board: Frustrated? Agitated? Dump all complaints here! - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frustrated? Agitated? Dump all complaints here!

#1 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 January 2000 - 12:54 PM

Snakes came out of my bathtub faucet this morning.

Three people yelled "trenchcoat maffia" at me. One started a fight. I won, but almost got arrested… again.

My parents are begging me to open up their iMac to fix something.

------------------
"They're everywhere!"- hapless victim #203948

#2 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2000 - 03:47 PM

This is bad. This is good.
Bad first:
I'm a Junior Member! Ick! And I was just about to reach the 100 post mark too! All the other posts are gone forever. People are gonna change names so I can't figure out WHO-THE-HECK-THEY-ARE! Sargatanus, are you Darkk, or someone else???
Now Good:
I got to change my name to Admiral Dennis like I did on GR and other services! Yay! On the internet I'm always "Admiral Dennis" or "AdmiralDennis" exc. Kewl new interface. All the other posts are gone forever. They made a Cythera board!!! Yay! Updated version of UBB! Y2K complient! They turned UBB code on!

------------------
May Macs eternally crush PCs!

-Admiral Dennis
admiraldennis@mac.com

[This message has been edited by Admiral Dennis (edited 01-12-2000).]

#3 User is offline   LoneIgadzra 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2000 - 03:53 PM

I think all this tying in is nice, but I liked the old organization...

------------------
- The Igadzra

Landing request denied.

#4 User is offline   Laguna 

• <sleep>
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2000 - 04:32 PM

Its not THAT bad. The EV board on the other hand.......

#5 Guest_Kabe_*

Posted 12 January 2000 - 04:51 PM

hey, could someone kindly explain all this junior member stuff and all of that. i'm a bit confused, and since i'm new to this message board thing, it's all rushing at me in a blur. Thanx, and yes. Macs MUST crush PCs forever, since macs are simply better. It's a fact of life. Get over it gates!

OH! Hand me a juri juice for gosh sakes!

------------------

___K@BE___

#6 User is offline   Replicant 

• Pip

Posted 12 January 2000 - 05:44 PM

New users are Junior Members. After a certain mark - the # of messages you post, 30 I think - you become a Member. It's rumored that after the 100 mark comes the tag 'Really Old Geezer Senior Member' and all the pride attached to such a glorious title.
Replicant

#7 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2000 - 06:28 PM

Accually, that rumor is impossible to be true. Some people like Admiral Darkk had well over 100 posts. (Darkk had around 275 or something)

------------------

-Admiral Dennis
admiraldennis@mac.com

[This message has been edited by Admiral Dennis (edited 01-12-2000).]

#8 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 13 January 2000 - 04:54 PM

Umm… this is all interesting, but I originally opened this topic for people to dump entertaining complaints for the enjoyment of the web board. (see above).

Example: My sister just started playing Ares back at home, and like she does with all computer games, cannot play without using cheats.

The city bus had an unusually high amount of garlicy odor this morning

Commander Cicion is a robot. ;-)

Not to seem too whiney though. But this sort of randomness would get people coming back to the site more often. Of course, that's just my opinion.

#9 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 13 January 2000 - 08:09 PM

I think that everyone but you, Sargatanus, expected this to be a place to be a place to dump complaints to Ambrosia for pulling a fast one on us about the webboard.

"Snakes out of faucets"? I don't know, and I don't care. I imagine that, to an outsider, it would look as though a rather high percentage of us drop acid. What part of your incoherent story are we supposed to believe? If you're winning all these fights, where do you work out? Certainly not at the keyboard, unless you're picking on wimps...

This post has been edited by Aithon: 04 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

#10 Guest_Soldier of Binki_*

Posted 14 January 2000 - 03:12 AM

<<"Snakes out of faucets"? I don't know, and I don't care. I imagine that, to an outsider, it would look as though a rather high percentage of us drop acid. What part of your incoherent story are we supposed to believe? If you're winning all these fights, where do you work out? Certainly not at the keyboard, unless you're picking on wimps...>>

I imagine that it would appear to an outsider that a high percentage of us drop acid even if they read such things as the 'Star Wars Argument' and various 'plug-in plan' posts. Might as well go all the way.
I don't think that those complaints were supposed to be believable. I think they were 'random rant' examples. Like, I come in and say, "Anime rental prices at my local comics shop are rediculous and I've tapped the entire anime section at all three Video Updates in my area and most of Blockbuster and Rodgers' selection as well. Now I'm NEVER gonna get to see the rest of El Hazard. Not only that, but through creative editing Pioneer totally ruined a scene at the beginning of episode 3. Well, unless the princess really DOES do her laundry by wearing her clothes into the bath and she's horribly embarassed about it... I wouldn't mind too much if they cut the whole scene out, since it wasn't exactly integral to the plot, but leaving it in and painting clothes over every frame is just insulting to my intellegence." Although that's true. And I am a little upset, but hey, I got to see alla Record of the Lodoss War and it was everything the old Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit animated movies SHOULD have been. On that topic, I forgot to change my profile once more so I have to make my signature by hand. But, life can be a pickle sometimes. I guess that means it was bathed in 1.0 mol/liter vinnegar or somesuch. Anyone read The Tick comics? Picture that issue of "Tales To Terrible To Tell" where The Tick was relating his bad day or, alternatively the hard time that The Red Eye had when he hitched a lift with them. THAT is what this thread is supposed to be for. I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about....
--------------------------------------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

#11 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 14 January 2000 - 09:45 AM

1) I don't pick on anyone. Especially not wimps because I got a lifetimes worth between preschool and 2nd grade, which is why I so fervantly studied Kenpo, and later Akaido and Jeet Kon Do, and I work out at home, when I get really pissed.

2) I'm still trying to figure out the snake thing, especially when you consider that: a) I live in Minnesota, and :P I have never done a hallucinogen in my life. They were just two garter snakes anyway.

3) People were complaining about the web board flush EVERYWHERE, and I figured people would probably rant about it in one of the other topics. It was a very, VERY stupid assumption I made and I humbly apologize.

------------------
"They're everywhere!"- hapless victim #203948

#12 Guest_Sword of Damocles_*

Posted 14 January 2000 - 12:13 PM

What's to apologize for? You're a whining idiot; it's to be expected.

------------------
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun"

#13 User is offline   Pax 

Posted 14 January 2000 - 02:28 PM

First, you shed your "Junior Member" status at 20 posts. Unfortunantly, I've lost any hopes of seniority on the board with the reset. I was pretty far up there with post numbers, no way I'll get that high again. Posted Image

Dennis, your "STFU" comment does nothing to further your "Don't insult people" argument.

Damocles gets points for correct usage of a semicolon on a webboard. Now if only someone can use the word "metacognition," I'll be happy.

------------------
---
Pax
sagitar@earthlink.net

"…They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity
Pax - Drew Harry
Alas, no more Ares Axis. ;(

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

#14 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2000 - 04:49 PM

I used a semicolen on one or two posts on this new board too! Posted Image

------------------

-Admiral Dennis
[url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com"]mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com[/url]admiraldennis@mac.com

[This message has been edited by Admiral Dennis (edited 01-14-2000).]

#15 Guest_petervoksa_*

Posted 25 March 2000 - 11:06 AM

funny!

chapter :The mothership connection
start
modified cruiser: Hi Gate ship!
Gate ship: wazzup?
modified cruiser: nothin'
Gate Ship: why don't you use hide thing that displays this message :
"bla bla bla Smiles or puts on a smile" so I cant see u???
modified cruiser: good idea
bla bla puts on a happy face
Gate ship: look in a Thesaurus and look at the word happy : GAY!!!!
modified cruiser: are u a sexy chick?
Gate ship: yes why do you ask?
modified cruiser: and you where talking about gay...
gate ship: let's just attack each other
modified cruiser: SO BE IT!!!!!
gate ship: Where the HELL are u?
modified cruiser: busy killing yo shields...
after 2 min
modified cruiser: let me give u a Blue name so I can see enemy shied....
modified cruiser: NOT MUCH.
gate ship: I'm not gates ship or bill gate ship. so with that if you could just get yourself zigzagging an hour by these big rocks....
modified cruiser: U-G-L-Y you don't have no alibi, YO UGLY!!!!
gate ship: stupid ambrosia: I HATE THIS JOB!!!!!!
modified cruiser: bye bye gate ship!
bam bam bam
modified cruiser got cough in the chain reaction and his cruiser blew up.
there where the two in space arguing!
gate ship: FAG!
modified cruiser : shut yo pot hole
gate ship: Yo Mama
after 5 seconds they both blew up because when u get blown up zoom in and then you are going to see a human.
you failed to save earth. why don't you start over?

------------------
want a GOOD pay-per-click programm?
http://paymeclick.isCool.net/

#16 User is offline   Slug 

• Ravenous
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2000 - 11:37 PM

****************************** Posted Image**
*******************************/ /**
******************************/ /***
*******________**************/ /****
*****/ _____ ************/ /*****
|___/ /***** **********/ /******
_____/******* ________/ /*******
****************__________/********
I'M A SALRILIAN!!

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.
[image removed]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users