Ambrosia Software Web Board: question for the admins... - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

question for the admins...

#1 Guest_Boba Fett_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2000 - 07:01 PM

Can you please give us lowly veterans and scrubs the ability to close threads we posted ourselves? I am only a mere mortal, if the reason why we can't is really obvious, remember that a human can only stand peeling so many space potatos... Posted Image

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

#2 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2000 - 08:19 PM

Wow, I was just about to post the same thing! (Accually, I did post it, then you posted, so I deleted) An example of when we could use this: Say someone asked how to beat chapter 12. He got some suggestions, and then beat it. After the guy has beaten the game, people are still posting responces! (By the way, this post belongs in Trash Talk; What does this have to do with Ares?)

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
[url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com"]mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com[/url]admiraldennis@mac.com

#3 Guest_Xyrus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2000 - 11:03 PM

he he

#4 User is offline   Pax 

Posted 26 January 2000 - 01:55 PM

I dunno, I guess the rationale for not letting veterans close their own threads is that while they may not personally be interested in a certain thread anymore, there may be others that wish to leave it open. In any case, if you want it closed, just mention it on the thread, and chances are someone ill notice it and close it for you.

Oh, and Xyrus, even though this IS trash-talk, it would be nice if you actually had something to say. Posted Image

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
[url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/"]Ares Axis - axis.n3.net[/url]

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity
Pax - Drew Harry
Alas, no more Ares Axis. ;(

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

#5 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2000 - 09:31 PM

I really wish I could have closed some of my more embarasing posts on the old board (Star Wars™ vs Ares and Hyperbombing spring to mind).
Can we email you to ask for thread closing?

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#6 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2000 - 11:53 AM

I would have to agree with Pax. Just because you've started a thread doesn't mean that it's yours. While you may have had your say, by having the ability to delete your thread at your discretion, you also have the ability to cut someone off without giving them the ability to speak as well.

Oh, and Darkk? If you have trouble with embarassing threads that you've started, maybe you'd better practice thinking before typing. Keeping your mind in your mouth is a bad habit, you know. Breaking it would be a lot more long-term a solution than massive self-censorship.

This post has been edited by Aithon: 04 January 2007 - 06:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users