Ambrosia Software Web Board: Down with Ares! - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Down with Ares!

#1 Guest_Xyrus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2000 - 03:59 PM

Have none of ou seen the Homeworld light? Homeworld kicks ares' @#$%!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 25 January 2000 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image I've played homeworld, and it's far too easy and by no means as versitile and expandable (once Hera arives) as Ares. The music in homeworld sucks too!

So don't complain here just because Ares is too hard for you. If you dislike it enough to open a topic on the web board, just create a website where you can complain all you like, and you don't have to deal with us.

And BTW, I'm acting very civil compared to how the others will.

------------------
"They're everywhere!"- hapless victim #203948

#3 User is offline   Replicant 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2000 - 04:40 PM

This prettymuch takes the cake for stupid posts. If you are going to bash a game on a board dedicated to that game, at least back it up with well-reasoned opinions and facts instead of 'Your game sucks! All of you should come play MY game, NOW!'

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net
Replicant

#4 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 25 January 2000 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image He even has the audacity to use one of my former web names AND SPELL IT WRONG!!!!!!! Posted Image

{it used to be Xystrus}

[This message has been edited by Admiral Sargatanus (edited 01-25-2000).]

#5 Guest_Boba Fett_*

Posted 25 January 2000 - 07:08 PM

I am VERY sorry this happened. I have to say I am partally responsible for this... Xyrus is my PC loving Mac bashing friend (whatever that means)... he always manages to make my iMac crash when he comes over... he is a little(HAH!) immature and he one day found out that I belong to the ares web board and... you can figure the rest out. I took him to the macworld expo, and he seemed to enjoyed it... but maybe he was jelous of mac os X and wanted to vent his anger... he may have figured out what my password is, so if you find any especially rude posts by Boba Fett, that isn't me... Posted Image

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

I hope this is moved to the trash talk forum, and i am looking for opinions on how i shall get revenge on xyrus...

[This message has been edited by Boba Fett (edited 01-25-2000).]

#6 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 January 2000 - 07:21 PM

Boba: Just make sure you have a nice beefy G4 when Halo comes out, and watch him turn green with envy... Posted Image

Then again, if he doesn't appreciate Ares then he must have something wrong with him anyway, so possibly that won't work.

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#7 User is offline   LoneIgadzra 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2000 - 10:34 PM

I must say...

After wasting an hour checking on every single web board this thing relieved some tension... Rotfl is an understatement.

Btw, how do your do all the fancy new smilies? (Besides Posted Image)

------------------
- The Igadzra

Landing request denied.

#8 Guest_Xyrus_*

Posted 25 January 2000 - 10:56 PM

First of all, I would like to say that i am an RTS fan, not an action fan. Second of all, Halo is for PC, too (DUH Posted Image!). Thirdly, Xyrus is a name that I have used for a long time, and I have never seen Xystrus! Lastly Boba Fett is a fag Posted Image!

#9 Guest_Boba Fett_*

Posted 25 January 2000 - 11:19 PM

First of all, Xyrus (or why don't I give out your full name?), Halo IS coming out for the Mac, idiot (admins, he really is one! he just put the sarcastic face because he was unsure! andrew, please boot him... after a severe beating). Secondly, Xyrus, you may think I'm gay (which im not) because you do mass debate more often in one day than I ever will in my entire life!! Thirdly, don't try to make a pass at me with that wink. (sorry admins, ill never do anything like this again.)

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

{yes, this is the REAL Boba Fett, not Xyrus}

[This message has been edited by Boba Fett (edited 01-25-2000).]

#10 User is offline   8 Lightnings 

• PipPip

Posted 26 January 2000 - 08:26 AM

Hey admins, I think it would be a good idea to move this to Trash Talk where it belongs.

------------------

*** 8 Lightnings - Point at Confed Frigate and hit 'F' to destroy

#11 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 26 January 2000 - 10:50 AM

Hey Xyrus, haven't you made a big enough fool out of yourself already by making an unsupported bash on Ares? Posted Image KNOCK OF THE HOMOPHOBIC BULLSH*T!!!!! Posted Image

It has no place anywhere near this board and only emphasizes the fact that you are an immature, ignorant, pretentious snob!

So take your windows infested Bill Gates box and get the F**k out!!!!

------------------

#12 User is offline   Admiral Dennis 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2000 - 03:35 PM

Posted ImageThis makes me fuirious! Get off this board! This is for people who accually like Ares only! Posted Image

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
[url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com"]mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com[/url]admiraldennis@mac.com

#13 Guest_Xyrus_*

Posted 26 January 2000 - 04:23 PM

Why the @#$% did you move me to Trash Talk Posted Image! Alright, i admit it was not right to post it in officer's...This is said under my...umm...own free will. (BOba Fett is here! Posted Image) Help me!

------------------
Alas, none of you have seen the Homeworld Light. Down with Ares!!!!!!!:P

#14 User is offline   Laguna 

• <sleep>
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 January 2000 - 04:50 PM

I get enough of this at school and thats bad enough but having it on the web board for the game itself is just (you know the rest)

------------------
Near impossible to fly.
Near impossible to kill.

#15 User is offline   Pax 

Posted 26 January 2000 - 05:46 PM

Xyrus, if you have some constructive criticism about Ares, I think we can all handle that. Senseless flames, however, are worthless. This is the trashtalk forum, but this is just pointless.

Everyone else, don't get so riled. He doesn't have any ground to stand on, and he knows it. Don't feed the fire. Posted Image

Also of note: I tried to close this, but Overlord status doesn't extend into forums without moderation. I guess that means to keep your uncalled for stuff into trash-talk, and out of the other forums. Posted Image

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
[url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/"]Ares Axis - axis.n3.net[/url]

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

[This message has been edited by Pax (edited 01-26-2000).]
Pax - Drew Harry
Alas, no more Ares Axis. ;(

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

#16 Guest_Boba Fett_*

Posted 26 January 2000 - 06:21 PM

Can't you just suspend him for a few days or something? Posted Image

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

#17 Guest_Xyrus_*

Posted 26 January 2000 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image Posted Image You want legitimate claims about how much ares sucks?!!! Posted Image Posted ImageI'll give you a piece of my mind! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageAres' fighting system is screwed up, and it is for the lowly "mac! Posted Image" For I have heard that the ultimate disgrace is not to be translated to a mac, but to be made specially for the mac.

------------------
Alas, none of you have seen the Homeworld Light. Down with Ares!!!!!!!:P

#18 User is offline   Pax 

Posted 26 January 2000 - 10:24 PM

Your comments are what would fit well into the topic sentance of a nice long paragraph explaining why you think, for example, "Ares' fighting system is screwed up." Just saying that it's screwed up isn't enough, we want to know why you think it's screwed up. For example, you could say: "because HVD's unbalance the game early on," or: "Fighters don't have lightspeed." But without evidence, it just makes you look stupid.

And please, don't bring platform debates into it.

Boba: Only Central Scrutinizers can do that. Posted Image

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
[url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/"]Ares Axis - axis.n3.net[/url]

Pax - Drew Harry
Alas, no more Ares Axis. ;(

#19 Guest_Soldier of Binki_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 05:19 AM

Xyrus wrote:
Posted Image Posted Image You want legitimate claims about how much ares sucks?!!! Posted Image Posted ImageI'll give you a piece of my mind! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageAres' fighting system is screwed up, and it is for the lowly "mac! Posted Image" For I have heard that the ultimate disgrace is not to be translated to a mac, but to be made specially for the mac.

Awright! Platform war!!!! The Mac side beat the hell outa PC in the Myth Plat War, FYI... Well listen here, you CISC-using advocate of the b@stard child of the world's richest nerd and obsolete technology, a game being made Mac-first Mac-only is an HONOUR. It is a crime that the machines with superior processors are treated as second-class. Is it not enough that the Amiga died because everyone was too attatched to their garbly 8-bit Soundblasters and chunky 320X200 VGA screens to ever upgrade to machines with built-in digital sound abilities and capable of displaying graphics at a resolution of 640X512 back in the late 80s? The 'PC is da best, no exceptions' mentality is responsible for retarding the evolution of the computer ten full years. And now it is Apple with technologically superior processors and custom chips (thanks to the sillicon gods at Motorolla), and guess what? We're gonna be waiting at least 2 years before there are games that take advantage of the ability to do 1 billion floating point operations/second (damn, I gotta get me a G4). Bottom line, nearly everyone owns PCs because they have the software, and PCs have the software because nearly everyone owns them. That doesn't make them any less technologically retarded. It should be an honour for a game to be Mac-only. A Mac-only game is a game which is concidered too good for the sheep of the computing world. Uhmm... Sorry you had to see this folks, but I always get a little choked when a PC user starts bragging about their system's 'superiority.'
Before I let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled programming, I have to ask: what's wrong with Ares combat?

------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

-The Lord of the Rings

#20 User is offline   Squid Fizzy 

• PipPip

Posted 27 January 2000 - 05:19 AM

*Yawn* What a profoundly worthless thing this Xyrus is. It is sad that its name doesn't have as much suckerage as its person. I know about this "free speech" thing, but this is just pathetic. Someone should boot it.

------------------
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

#21 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image You know, I realize now what I'm sorry I didn't say in the first place: Xyrus can post all he wants and we can't do anything about it. But do we need to respond, especially to someone to whom the title 'complete waste of time' would be too good an honor? I think the answer is obvious: IGNORE HIM.

True, he could, and most certainly will, keep bashing on Ares, Macs, and god knows what else, no doubt filling the board with meaningless unsupported tripe, but if we don't get pissed and we don't respond, then to him we just aren't fun anymore and eventually he goes away. Posted Image

Agreed?

Sorry Xyrus, but I think we are just a little above you. Posted Image

------------------

#22 Guest_Up With Ares!_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 12:55 PM

Not down with Ares, but up-up-up with it! Now just try to guess which REGISTERED used I am. (Hint: I returned from the old board; I have lot of posts in this new one!) (Sorry about this, I'm really board!

#23 Guest_Type-O_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 12:58 PM

Vegeta, Pax, can you edit the above post so "used" is "user"? Thanks. I would do it myself, but I'm not a board moderator, and I posted unregistered.

#24 Guest_Fuck You_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 04:30 PM

Admiral Sargatanus wrote:
:mad: He even has the audacity to use one of my former web names AND SPELL IT WRONG!!!!!!! :mad:

{it used to be Xystrus}

[This message has been edited by Admiral Sargatanus (edited 01-25-2000).]

**** you, Rear Admiral ScratchMyAnus! Your mother is a crackwhore!

#25 Guest_www.nasa.gov/images/S.gif_*

Posted 27 January 2000 - 04:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users