Ambrosia Software Web Board: Feeling Kinda Bumbed... - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Feeling Kinda Bumbed...

#1 Guest_Soldier of Binki_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 January 2000 - 02:59 AM

So today I was thinking thoughts, as I am often afflicted with. And I was thinking about this forum and how different being here is than the Myth forums. Like any of you care to hear my entire train of thought explained or could even understand it. I can't do that. The track turns inside-out at one point.
So anyway, I figured out how come I had so much to say on the Nontoxic Myth Forum about the game of Myth and comparatively little to say about Ares here. There I would blab on and on with my fellow players discussing tactics and favourite units and really good games we had. Here, the discussions seem to be mostly about 'are carriers any good' or 'how do you beat level X'. Why? Because the Myth community was HUGE. EASILLY a couple thousand people were active online players... Damn that episode of the X-files where it's Christmas and Mulder and Scully shoot each other is bizarre... Anyway, there were EASILLY a couple thousand active online players. The Ares community is not so large. We have all of one website to our name, no clans, one weekly tourney (which I can't make it to because I'm helping a friend move on Friday), and as near as I can tell, the people on this forum are the ONLY Ares players (well, us and 'Rebel', I think his name was, who is a quitter, BTW). So am I playing at least 5 games of Ares a night, where I would usually get around 15-20 on a late Friday if I had nothing to do of Myth? Sometimes. Oftentimes I come on Gameranger and nobody wants to play.
I have a solution, that will open this forum up to a lot of more posting on more varied topics. Something you should all be doing anyways. PLAY ARES!!!! PLAY A LOT OF ARES!!!! WHEN YOU'RE DONE THAT, PLAY SOME MORE!!!! SPEND ALL YOUR TIME ON GAMERANGER PLAYING ARES!!!! GET GOOD AND WARMED-UP FOR WHEN THE FIRST OF THE CUSTOM MULTIPLAYER MAPS HIT THE INTERNET!!!! AND, IF YOU HAVE SOME FREE TIME AFTER THAT, PLAY MORE ARES!!!!!
This should go without saying, but more than once I've caught people with 'Admiral' in their name not playing Ares.
The alternative, of course, is to all chip in and get me a G4 so I can run my copy of Myth 2 acceptably when nobody else wants to play Ares. The 400mhz model will do.... Or you can all save your money, take a hint, and play more Ares, damn you all.

------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

-The Lord of the Rings

#2 User is offline   Squid Fizzy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2000 - 07:41 AM

Ok, let's have a game as soon as possible. Can you please give me the money for an internet-connection?

------------------
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 31 January 2000 - 03:00 PM

Some people have gotten GameRanger to work? I've got more than three non-workable copies.

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my enemies. I save that for my allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger happy obiard

#4 Guest_RaptorNoJoe_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 January 2000 - 03:28 PM

You got me beat: I only have two copies that won't work.

-- The Raptor

------------------
We are the gravity insect.

#5 User is offline   andrew 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 January 2000 - 04:24 PM

Can you tell me more specifically:

What version of GameRanger you've tried?

What doesn't work with it?

Does it run?

Does it crash?

If so, exactly where?

If not, what do you mean by "it doesn't work"?

What computer are you using, and what OS version?

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc. -- http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

#6 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 31 January 2000 - 07:36 PM

I'm using Mac OS 9, and each time I try to boot up GameRanger (The Copy that came with Ares), It tells me that the version is too old. I proceed to the GameRanger Site and download a copy that either won't let me log in or crashes when I load it up.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my enemies. I save that for my allies.

#7 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 31 January 2000 - 07:51 PM

OK, so it didn't crash. This time, that is. Now all I have to do is receive the email message, and I might actually be able to play.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

#8 User is offline   caalaklael 

Posted 31 January 2000 - 08:08 PM

ha HA ha, ha HA ha, now I can use ares online! I now have a license to get my butt kicked twice a day.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users