Ambrosia Software Web Board: and it feels so good......level 17.....help - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

and it feels so good......level 17.....help

#1 User is offline   bigdaddy 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:21 PM

how am i supposed to be able to pass this level. its mad hard, every time i try to take a bunker stataoin or one of the other stations, they capture them with ease and then they take my base just like that! what am i supposed to do? i cant take the damn stations, much less their planet. those audemons are damn hard. so help any one. thanks.

------------------
Peter

#2 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:05 PM

This is a medium-combat scenario.
The best opening strategy I find is to hold your forces back at the start, build a couple of carriers and move to the vicinity of the certre bunker station, but well out of range of it. Let the Auds capture the centre bunker station, and then recapture it from them. Then all you have to do is to hold the station, and knock out the outpost stations if the Auds capture them. The three Elejeetian cruisers you have at the start are very powerful and more than capable of taking down an Aud carrier, or a bunker station for that matter.
Posted Image

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

#3 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:48 PM

Carriers. Build a lot of them. Send all your forces except maybe the human cruisers to immediatley next to the Aud planet. As soon as a carrier has left it, ATTACK WITH EVERYTHING. Make sure the ships stick together as much as possible. As soon as your ship dies, switch to an Eleejeetian cruiser. Once you've locked down their planet, send over all the cruisers you can build. Ignore all bunkers that the Auds don't control except the center one.

Once you've assumed control, send in the transport 'de gra.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois
Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#4 User is offline   Limax 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:51 PM

Pfft, I just let them take the bunkers, but just sit at my planet. They'll send waves of ships at you and just generally waste their income. Then as they're spread out, leap right to their planet and just park there, blow up anything that takes off. Send a transport over (they've always ignored the transport) and you're set.

Or, if you can't do that, simply gather your forces, knock out stations every time they capture them (with your HVD) then make one large assault on their planet.

------------------
See I'm the king of the swingers, the Jungle V.I.P.,
But I've reached the top and had to stop,
And that's what's
botherin' me.

Never question my science.

#5 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:22 PM

If I recall, my strategy was to go solo against each of the stations and disable them, then send an Atrans to each outpost, followed by one to the center. I'd take out any convoys they tried to send in my Cruiser, then send a nice big fleet to their planet and take out any real threat myself. Of course, that might not be a viable strategy for someone who was good at, well, strategy.

------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

#6 User is offline   El Spamo 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:01 PM

I took the path of moving all operations out to the outposts. I went and disabled them all, followed by moving ALL of my ships out to reinforce the captured stations. I basically ignored defending my planet from ships and hunted down the odd transport they sent that way. Once I settled into the stations I cleaned off my planet, blockaded theirs and landed a transport.

Simple. Posted Image

------------------
"That was quick."
"Well you know, when you don't do it right it doesn't take as long."

#7 User is offline   Patrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:01 PM

My strategy was always just to take my whole fleet and immediately warp over and smash the Audemedon forces. Of course, it requires very good piloting to be successful.

------------------
look! its a signature!

#8 User is offline   Limax 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:40 AM

Originally posted by Patrick:
My strategy was always just to take my whole fleet and immediately warp over and smash the Audemedon forces. Of course, it requires very good piloting to be successful.

Translation: shoot at enemy ships untill they blow up.

Could you be any more unhelpful? Posted Image

------------------
See I'm the king of the swingers, the Jungle V.I.P.,
But I've reached the top and had to stop,
And that's what's
botherin' me.

Never question my science.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic