Ambrosia Software Web Board: Let's Play Cythera! - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Play Cythera! If you like listening to Shorty read out loud, you'll love this se

#1 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:04 PM

You may remember that Nezmy intended to create a Let's Play Cythera series about seven years ago. It is truly unfortunate that he wasn't able to do so, because he would've totally nailed it!

However, three years later, Sely recorded and uploaded a complete Cythera playthrough series! Although he did not include commentary or read aloud any of the dialogue/texts, the series was really entertaining and well-organized. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it! ^_^

I've been wanting to join in the fun and record a Cythera series for a while, but I've always been too lazy to figure out how >_> Shorty and I have finally decided to go for it, so you can find our YouTube series here! We're complete novices at recording and uploading videos, so it's nothing fancy. (And I still haven't figured out how to fix the audio so the game sounds aren't way louder than our voices...) But, Shorty is reading all the dialogue, narrations, and books, which I personally enjoy ^_^ We've only recorded three episodes so far, so maybe sometime in the next year or two, we'll finish the series :D

And this is completely unrelated to any YouTube videos, but if any Cytherans out there have Discord and haven't joined our server yet, come on in! https://discord.gg/RmjWnke
I'll become even more undignified than this

#2 User is offline   wizard1 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

This is extremely entertaining, BW! I haven't watched them all yet, but I quite enjoy the commentary track with Shorty doing the narration. Did you end up using the built-in mic on the computer to record audio? Everything sounds good. The resolution is also perfect for readability.

I look forward to seeing more. :)

Off topic: it seems that I'll have to create a new account anytime I want to post. Both "The Wizard" and "Wizard" are locked and rejecting the password. My original had the password problem for a long time, but I think the new one needed to be confirmed by email to stay active... an email that was never sent. Such will be the fate of "wizard1" I'm sure. It's sad to see Ambrosia failing around us, but at least projects like this keep an interest in the games alive. Thanks, BW!

This post has been edited by wizard1: 02 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

#3 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

Wow, thanks Wizzy! ^_^ I'm surprised someone actually watched some of it! (Actually, Diga has been watching them too) We are using the built-in microphone, but I'm not happy with how the game volume is so much louder than the microphone volume. I felt like I could barely hear us over the game sounds. So in the more recent episodes, I haven't been recording the game sounds at all :( I ought to try to figure out how to record them separately, but that seemed kinda scary.

It's sad that you can't access your account anymore, and sad that it will probably happen to all of us sooner or later. But, I do look forward to seeing how high the number after your name will get ^_^

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

Well, we finished the series. (A couple of weeks ago, but I forgot to upload the final episode until today >_>) It's 19 episodes, for a total of about ten and a half hours. I'm not super-happy with how it turned out, but it was lots of fun ^_^ Shorty and I would like to do another Let's Play series someday, so if anyone has any suggestions for games for us to record, that would be appreciated ^_^

#5 User is offline   ScratSkinner 

• Birdseed Fetcher
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:58 AM

Pillars of Garendall, if anyone has a registered version. Or Theldrow, if anyone can beat that.

Alternately: Delver-based machinema of Grapper's Return.
Proud Recipient of the "Off Topic Post Award"
... the strange feeling that someone, somewhere, has said what you just said

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users