• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sail: Chapter 22 a Cythera novel

#1 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

This chapter rated R for mild nudity and sexual content, strong language, alcohol abuse, and disturbing the dead. Surprisingly not for violence. I considered censoring it, but we're all adults here. Read at your own discretion.

Coincidentally the longest Sail chapter yet by 175 (edit: now 259) words, and probably the most instances of the f-word (at 8 times.)

[scrubbed]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 14 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

I was worried about how angry Tiernan would be, but his reaction is way creepier, apathetic. Thinking back to DM/OoR, it's true to Avaltara. Even when K told him she had Moonshadow killed, he didn't get mad @_@

The Parr scene... All I can say is, I'm glad I was reading it instead of writing it! That didn't even take you very long, really!

& uh oh, Kako's lost Maika, Tiernan, Airedain (kind of), and now Iannah! She'll need Rhonos' companionship more than ever ^_~ I hope her fight with Iannah doesn't like long though. I didn't understand the purpose of the Koherem/bloodweed stuff. At first I thought it was for soreness, but the side-effects sound worse than that. Is it some kind of birth control?

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next! ^_^
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 06 January 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was worried about how angry Tiernan would be, but his reaction is way creepier, apathetic. Thinking back to DM/OoR, it's true to Avaltara. Even when K told him she had Moonshadow killed, he didn't get mad @_@

Depression is a scary thing. :(

& uh oh, Kako's lost Maika, Tiernan, Airedain (kind of), and now Iannah! She'll need Rhonos' companionship more than ever ^_~

Aww, you don't think Parr is a suitable companion? :P

I didn't understand the purpose of the Koherem/bloodweed stuff. At first I thought it was for soreness, but the side-effects sound worse than that. Is it some kind of birth control?

Yeah, it's basically a morning-after pill. It works but the side effects are awful. I spent a lot of time researching herbal birth control in folk medicine and it sounds like most or all of the plants were poisonous… but I can't really kill off my protagonist, so I came up with something less potent.

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostiKaterei, on 06 January 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Aww, you don't think Parr is a suitable companion? :P

Parr's okay, but I only support improbable ships, and they're canon now. Besides, Parr isn't super available to Kako.

Yeah, it's basically a morning-after pill. It works but the side effects are awful. I spent a lot of time researching herbal birth control in folk medicine and it sounds like most or all of the plants were poisonous… but I can't really kill off my protagonist, so I came up with something less potent.

Oh, okay! I think maybe I'd abstain rather than be sick all day :x
I'll become even more undignified than this

#5 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 07 January 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Parr's okay, but I only support improbable ships, and they're canon now. Besides, Parr isn't super available to Kako.

Yeah he wouldn't exactly be the best emotional support for her.

Oh, okay! I think maybe I'd abstain rather than be sick all day :x

Me too, maybe. I wanted it to at least be an option for the characters because fantasy literature seems to have two paradigms: either you definitely get pregnant from having sex, or birth control's not acknowledged at all. It's never as simple as that, but it's significant enough that I felt like there should be consequences for each other option (or maybe I'm just mean to my characters.)

As if this chapter wasn't long enough, I added in a paragraph (right after she takes it) that makes the purpose a little clearer. It also allowed me to add in a couple details about Kateiko's past that I hadn't been able to fit in yet. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users