• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learn to Code!

#1 User is offline   mrxak 

• Rabid Haiku Generator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

So, not sure how many people are left hanging out around ATT, but I got some folks interested in my D&D group not too long ago, so here goes. I imagine at least some of you are interested in programming. Maybe you always wish you knew more about computers, or thought programming was a useful skill but you never really felt it was something you could just learn one day. Maybe you saw how some other Ares fans were porting the Ares source code to OS X and wished you could do something like that too. Maybe you just never knew where to begin, or just need a kick in the pants.

Well, guess what? Now is the time to finally learn how to program! I am running a web course on Python over on the B&B and you're all invited! Python is an easy language for people who have never learned a programming language before. It's also powerful, and you can really do a lot with it. It's also a great language to learn concepts and paradigms that other languages use, so it'll make learning other languages easier too. This isn't just a "learn to code" course, either, where you copy a few programs and see how they run. I'll be covering computer science theory as well, giving you assignments to do creative problem solving, and answering all your questions (or at least pointing you in the right direction if I don't know). So head on over to the topic, get some basic information, and sign up. If you already know Python, come be a teaching assistant or just refresh your skills. There's already a few people signed up and this is gonna be fun.

mrxak.com | twitter.com/mrxak
Super Moderator - EVDC | U | EV | D | R | DC | M
_/\__
In the light of morning the sun climbs upon the shoulder of the sky / I yearn for the tender darkness.

#2 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

There's no need for multiples of this topic, it is duly ShlimLocked, go home and think about your life you newb. *aggressive arm folding*

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users