Ambrosia Software Web Board: Omen again - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Omen again Has he been under our noses all along??

#26 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

He seems to be Pelagon's personal servant, so if the undine are involved I imagine he is too. :P

I imagine Fetch would pretty quickly be used to isolate people if Cythera was an MMO. :P

#27 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

I think Omen seems to be kind of second-in-command, so with fake Pelagon dead, he'd be in charge of the Undine.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#28 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 20 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

I think Omen seems to be kind of second-in-command, so with fake Pelagon dead, he'd be in charge of the Undine.

I think of Pelagon more as an agent of the Undine, rather than the leader. I assume there are at least some other powerful Undine. Unless of course they are like the Sith: "Only two there are." Making Pelagon be Master Pelagon and Omen be Darth Omen. They have a nice ring to them, don't you think? :P
Wizard

#29 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:49 PM

View PostThe Wizard, on 22 March 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

I think of Pelagon more as an agent of the Undine, rather than the leader. I assume there are at least some other powerful Undine. Unless of course they are like the Sith: "Only two there are." Making Pelagon be Master Pelagon and Omen be Darth Omen. They have a nice ring to them, don't you think? :P

Haha, I considered this theory for a while. Actually, there is no real evidence to disprove it, aside from Omen's claim that the undine's agents are everywhere, which could refer to humans like Tavara and Comana who are working for the undine, and anyway Omen's been known to lie. However, there isn't much evidence backing it up, either, and a few characters (notably Joppa) seem to be highly likely candidates as undine. I suppose it’s possible that Omen is Joppa, though. :ph34r:

#30 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

I don't really get the Star Wars (it's Star Wars, right?) reference, but I did also consider for a while that Pelagon and Omen were the only Undine. The main reason that I could not accept that theory is that I just can hardly imagine that Joppa is human! Heh. There's a couple of other reasons why I believe there are more Undine than that though. This quote from Omen:
"Our agents are everywhere, appearing as you do, and there is no way for you to know who is true and who is false."
It implies to me that there are several Undine shapeshifted into human form. I suppose he could be referring to human traitors though.

Also this quote from Gandreas:
"Basically, the Undine have lost their most powerful artifact to the hands of their most hated enemy, who now has the opportunity to learn to use it and transcend even his current ability."
Definitely talks about Undine in the plural sense.

#31 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

The impression that I get from the game is that the Undine are the most numerous of the four elements remaining and that this is one source of their relative strength versus the others. Also, I never got the impression that Pelagon was the leader of the Undine—indeed, I don't recall it ever being said that the Undine had a single leader. It always seemed to me that he was merely one of the most powerful and ambitious Undine. I'm inclined to suspect that Omen would have much the same role in a sequel as he had in the first game; that is, he would serve as one of the Undine's main agents in their interactions with Cythera's humans.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#32 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

I still think Pelagon was the leader, as much as Sabinate's the leader of the Seldane. Not necessarily a supreme dictator, but the impression I got was that there's some degree of leadership among the Undine.

#33 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

If Pelagon's going to assume Alaric's role and take control of the crolna he better be their leader. :P

#34 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

I agree there's certainly some degree of leadership among the Undine, but to me it seems similar to an oligarchy. Pelagon is certainly one of the leading Undine, but I'm not certain he is the sole leader.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users